PDA

View Full Version : Check out what COLBERT did for our popularity!!!

kah13176
04-25-2011, 10:59 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/158/omgwx.png

Currently the #3 most searched term according to Google Trends.

Immortal Technique
04-25-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xieyfb_ron-paul-interview-with-stephen-2011_news

kah13176
04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
And with him making his announcement in Iowa tomorrow, this'll give us a huge blast. We can capitalize on this by posting positive comments on google news feeds, etc.

sailingaway
04-25-2011, 11:02 PM
and hannity and the view and many many articles.... and twitter....

fade
04-25-2011, 11:19 PM
We are in this thing more than we could possibly imagine this time around! I'm getting pretty damn excited folks.

civusamericanus
04-25-2011, 11:22 PM
We are in this thing more than we could possibly imagine this time around! I'm getting pretty damn excited folks.
^^

ScotTX
04-25-2011, 11:23 PM
The Colbert BUMP, baby! Yeah! RON PAUL!!!!

ScotTX
04-25-2011, 11:24 PM
We need to Google Bomb Ron Paul. Hopefully AJ will put it out there tomorrow. I'm sure he will...

Indy Vidual
04-25-2011, 11:27 PM
#3 is great :)

cubical
04-25-2011, 11:29 PM
2 behind smallpox... we did it!!

BlackTerrel
04-25-2011, 11:32 PM
http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/158/omgwx.png

Currently the #3 most searched term according to Google Trends.

That is pretty nuts!!!

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Compare this to Google Trends of Ron Paul in 07 and 08:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9nOIusbDwI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdriCrjGIaY

JCLibertarian
04-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I thought Ron Paul was on point and well versed in his interviews on Colbert and Hannity. I disliked the the interview on The View, though that really wasn't his fault. He wasn't able to give good answers cause they asked stupid questions. I think today is going to turn out to be a net positive for Paul in regards to public reception from his media blitz.

ForLibertyFight
04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Ron paul 2012! Last chance to save america

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 11:48 PM
This will continue tomorrow while he announces.

nate895
04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
Smallpox is no. 1?

mCsenget
04-25-2011, 11:52 PM
2 behind smallpox... We did it!!

lol

BuddyRey
04-25-2011, 11:59 PM
The only tremendous success from '08 that we haven't yet been able to replicate is to put RP's book on the top spot on Amazon, and maybe the top spot on the NYT Bestsellers list too.

Razmear
04-26-2011, 12:11 AM
Smallpox is no. 1?

That kinda worries me too? Why are so many people googling smallpox?

civusamericanus
04-26-2011, 12:19 AM
That kinda worries me too? Why are so many people googling smallpox?
Answer: Repeat of "House" was on tonight, where a teenage girl breaks open an old jar, and develops smallpox like symptoms. People are simply googling it, because they saw it on a popular TV series.

teacherone
04-26-2011, 12:25 AM
Answer: Repeat of "House" was on tonight, where a teenage girl breaks open an old jar, and develops smallpox like symptoms. People are simply googling it, because they saw it on a popular TV series.

jesus that's pathetic.

TheeJoeGlass
04-26-2011, 12:41 AM
jesus that's pathetic.

Kinda like watching cattle...

Vessol
04-26-2011, 12:41 AM

It always seems that we take one step forward and three steps back..

Razmear
04-26-2011, 12:48 AM
Hmmm, so if we get Ron Paul on House.....

need sleep.

GunnyFreedom
04-26-2011, 01:06 AM

Actually, it's both cool and tragic. Cool because 'data at your fingertip' science fiction has officially become reality, and tragic because so many people don't bother to learn any more, just react to the stimulus of the day, like a plant.

Ray
04-26-2011, 01:09 AM
2 behind smallpox... we did it!!

I lol'd

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2011, 01:39 AM
We totally spiked at 7:27 according to google realtime and it looks like it came from twitter - very brief, but high spike, hannity surge lasting till 8:29 and colberts peak was a bit over half to 3/4ths as high as hannities.

odd diff - colbert rode out after the show. hamnity spike plunged as soon as the segment was over.

The view barely registered.

I think it's because of the timing of the news cycle but so far google news only has 256 articles about the announcement. Which is pretty pathetic for a major story.

We picked up 3 new meetups tonight - 2 were in OH, and odd as one has 50 members already and the other 63... The last in AZ has 3 members.

I predict the campaigns failure to return A FUCKING PHONE CALL will result in a phizzle here rather than an explosion.... 2007 all over again :rolleyes:

Son of Detroit
04-26-2011, 04:25 AM

I do this kind of stuff all of the time. If I see or hear something that piques my interest and I'm curious about it, I'll look it up online and learn. I think doing stuff like this is a good thing; People are learning.

nobody's_hero
04-26-2011, 04:30 AM

need sleep.

Thinking the same thing, lol.

Romulus
04-26-2011, 05:21 AM
Morning bump - Awesome Colbert interview... you cant tell Ron is at home on that stage... very clear answers..

raystone
04-26-2011, 05:38 AM
.... and tragic because so many people don't bother to learn any more, just react to the stimulus of the day, like a plant.

That "plant" analogy is gold. Can I use that ?

RileyE104
04-26-2011, 06:20 AM
People are simply googling it, because they saw it on a popular TV series.

Hmmm, so if we get Ron Paul on House....

Ron Paul is a doctor... I do believe, given the opportunity, he could have an awesome role on House, even if it's just a one time thing! :D

He could play House's grandpa or something. lmao

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 06:29 AM
"Keep the government off our backs, out of our lives, out of our wallet, and bring the troops home."

Yeah! :)

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 06:54 AM

need sleep.

Lulz. Mornin', sunshine!

Trigonx
04-26-2011, 08:15 AM
Good segment.

JohnGalt1225
04-26-2011, 08:29 AM
The Colbert Bump in action.

mac_hine
04-26-2011, 09:13 AM
The Colbert Bump in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDcjJbJOhW4&feature=youtube_gdata_player
:cool:

emazur
04-26-2011, 11:06 AM
I do this kind of stuff all of the time. If I see or hear something that piques my interest and I'm curious about it, I'll look it up online and learn. I think doing stuff like this is a good thing; People are learning.

Plus, we WANT people to google Ron Paul when they see him on TV, and I believe he's going to be on TV a whole lot

Valli6
04-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Repeat of "House" was on tonight, where a teenage girl breaks open an old jar, and develops smallpox like symptoms. People are simply googling it, because they saw it on a popular TV series.

Thinking the same thing, lol.

Ron Paul is a doctor... I do believe, given the opportunity, he could have an awesome role on House, even if it's just a one time thing! :D
I GOT IT!!!

(episode of house)

Everyone at House's hospital gets extremely ill because that teenage girl breaks open another jar of smallpox. (Dumb kid!) It begins to spread to other NJ hospitals :eek: and a plea for assistance goes out.

It just so happens that Ron Paul is speaking at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, where a chapter of YAL exists. ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53954967744 ) 50,000 of us:D show up! Everyone is there!:collins: I'm there having my picture taken with Congressman Paul:), when we get word of the impending epidemic. Paul drops everything and rushes in to work out a plan to treat, contain, and cure the illness.:cool: (It's okay because Ron Paul's extreme health makes him impervious to smallpox and such.)

At first, House is all arrogant towards him:rolleyes:, but then he begins to appreciate Paul's honesty and his uncanny ability to see so much that others miss! Still suffering the effects of his illness, House lapses into a hallucinatory dream consisting of a musical segment which depicts many of Ron Paul's prescient warnings from years gone by - warnings that would have prevented so many of our current problems:( - if only others would have listened! The segment is very sad and soulful, yet contains elements of hope and joyful possiblity! (Wow, and who knew Ron Paul could sing and tap dance like that?!)

The final scene shows a recovering child (who was not expected to survive) slowly opening his eyes only to focus on Ron Paul standing at his bedside. He asks, "Dr Paul, are you Superman?" :o

Even House sheds a tear, but Ron Paul just looks onto the cameras and winks.;) (The video quickly goes viral on youtube!)

(Epilogue) The next day, Ron Paul is #1 on google. (Gary Johnson is #2) His Book is #1 on both Amazon and the NYT best seller list.

- finis -

(And in real life, the next day Ron Paul would be #1 on google.)

canadian4ronpaul
04-26-2011, 12:06 PM
I GOT IT!!!

(episode of house)

Everyone at House's hospital gets extremely ill because that teenage girl breaks open another jar of smallpox. (Dumb kid!) It begins to spread to other NJ hospitals :eek: and a plea for assistance goes out.

It just so happens that Ron Paul is speaking at Rutgers University in New Brunswick, NJ, where a chapter of YAL exists. ( http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=53954967744 ) 50,000 of us:D show up! Everyone is there!:collins: I'm there having my picture taken with Congressman Paul:), when we get word of the impending epidemic. Paul drops everything and rushes in to work out a plan to treat, contain, and cure the illness.:cool: (It's okay because Ron Paul's extreme health makes him impervious to smallpox and such.)

At first, House is all arrogant towards him:rolleyes:, but then he begins to appreciate Paul's honesty and his uncanny ability to see so much that others miss! Still suffering the effects of his illness, House lapses into a hallucinatory dream consisting of a musical segment which depicts many of Ron Paul's prescient warnings from years gone by - warnings that would have prevented so many of our current problems:( - if only others would have listened! The segment is very sad and soulful, yet contains elements of hope and joyful possiblity! (Wow, and who knew Ron Paul could sing and tap dance like that?!)

The final scene shows a recovering child (who was not expected to survive) slowly opening his eyes only to focus on Ron Paul standing at his bedside. He asks, "Dr Paul, are you Superman?" :o

Even House sheds a tear, but Ron Paul just looks onto the cameras and winks.;) (The video quickly goes viral on youtube!)

(Epilogue) The next day, Ron Paul is #1 on google. (Gary Johnson is #2) His Book is #1 on both Amazon and the NYT best seller list.

- finis -

(And in real life, the next day Ron Paul would be #1 on google.)

poetry