PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul" is the #3 most-searched term on Google right now!

Dave Aiello
04-25-2011, 10:52 PM
http://www.ronpaulnation.org/img/ron_paul_google.png

It's the "COLBERT BUMP" lol

Perry
04-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Awesome!

anaconda
04-25-2011, 11:16 PM
How does "Billy Graham" come in at #8? How is "smallpox" #1? I'm not sure I believe this list...

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 06:39 AM
How does "Billy Graham" come in at #8? How is "smallpox" #1? I'm not sure I believe this list...

I wondered about smallpox myself last night when this came up, so I googled it. Apparently the global governments will be meeting to decide if they should destroy all small pox stock on earth. The problem about this of course is that you need small pox to create small pox vaccine, and since it has been in biological weapons stores of countries for so long, including the Soviet Union where military material went missing when their government collapsed, it would sure be a bad thing if some one party held some back and no one else had a way to fight it....

So they think they should decide globally, top down, not representatively, people up, what to do about this, apparently.

Travlyr
04-26-2011, 06:44 AM
So they think they should decide globally, top down, not representatively, people up, what to do about this, apparently.

Well then, I hope that the decision makers at least have graduated from an Ivy League school... that should be a minimum requirement. :rolleyes:

CasualApathy
04-26-2011, 07:07 AM
I have to admit, with my knowledge of the internet, it seems pretty unlikely that the number 1. search term isn't "boobs". But perhaps these are the filtered results :P

AWESOME that Ron is 3rd though!

trey4sports
04-26-2011, 07:43 AM
I have to admit, with my knowledge of the internet, it seems pretty unlikely that the number 1. search term isn't "boobs". But perhaps these are the filtered results :P

AWESOME that Ron is 3rd though!

This is a measurement of "trends" rather than overall searches. so if smallpox all of a sudden exploded in terms of searches for one day that would push it to #1

S.Shorland
04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
How do you get the options 'past day,past week,past month'? That doesnt show up on my page.

Dave Aiello
04-26-2011, 08:18 AM
it's just part of the google trends widget that you can install on your igoogle homepage. google.com/ig.

demolama
04-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Thing that pisses me off more than anything are the tweets that state " oh I like Ron Paul because of X, Y, and Z but doesn't he know he can't win?" If we had every person voting for him who said this he would win.

Dave Aiello
04-26-2011, 08:30 AM
Thing that pisses me off more than anything are the tweets that state " oh I like Ron Paul because of X, Y, and Z but doesn't he know he can't win?" If we had every person voting for him who said this he would win.

This is precisely why winning the Iowa straw poll is so important. All those lethargic supporters who think it isn't pragmatic to support Ron Paul due to his perceived un-electability will come on board.

back on topic.. Ron's still hanging in there at #9, and hopefully will be up there all day today

Madly_Sane
04-26-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.google.com/trends/viz?hl=&q=ron+paul&date=2011-4-26&graph=hot_img&sa=X

'ron paul' is at #9 as of 10:37 am EST.

RideTheDirt
04-26-2011, 11:41 AM
http://www.google.com/trends/viz?hl=&q=ron+paul&date=2011-4-26&graph=hot_img&sa=X

'ron paul' is at #9 as of 10:37 am EST.
now # 4 as of 10:41 PST

anaconda
04-26-2011, 02:53 PM
This is a measurement of "trends" rather than overall searches. so if smallpox all of a sudden exploded in terms of searches for one day that would push it to #1

Very helpful. Thank you.

smtwngrl
04-26-2011, 03:16 PM
How do you get the options 'past day,past week,past month'? That doesnt show up on my page.

If you are at news.google.com, those options will show up.

smtwngrl
04-26-2011, 03:27 PM

I find that really aggravating, too.

The thing to remember is a lot of time the statement that "Ron Paul can't win" is propaganda. A lot of the people who are saying it don't want him to be elected. One of their favorite ways to try to circumvent that is the "can't win" line. It's such a copout, really. People who would like to have him as president who say that have often accepted or believed what the propaganda people have said. And again, it's nothing but a copout. The race has not even begun yet, and a lot can happen in the next 9 months or so.

If people hadn't bought into the practice of voting for who they think can win, instead of who they want, this propaganda wouldn't work. We have to work to educate people about Ron Paul, and squish like a bug the notion that he can't win. Another thing I like to say is, "If he can't win, we are in trouble."

Daamien
04-26-2011, 03:54 PM
He is still #3.

Jandrsn21
04-26-2011, 04:02 PM
Until the Republican Primary, daily, google Ron Paul, multiple times! I'd personally like to see how long we can keep him top ten!

tangent4ronpaul
04-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Think the campaign shot themselves in the foot again today with the timing of this. There are only 565 news articles on google news about it. For comparison US criticism of Syria's Assad had just under 9,000 articles and Sony's playstation getting hacked for over 2,000 articles.

I bet this has to do with the news cycle and reporter deadlines.