PDA

View Full Version : So what measurements will Paul's exploratory committee be looking for?

emazur
04-25-2011, 09:39 PM
I don't really know much about them except that they're created for the purpose of determining a candidates viability and Wikipedia also mentions some legal protections as well. SO how long do committees typically last before a candidate takes the full plunge, what measurements do they look for, and how do they go about obtaining this information?

South Park Fan
04-25-2011, 09:49 PM
To paraphrase Jon Stewart, candidates typically form exploratary committees first, which are a group of the candidate's close friends who inform the candidate of how popular he is.

tsai3904
04-25-2011, 10:01 PM
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2011/04/25/rep-paul-to-announce-presidential-exploratory-committee/

While Paul is announcing an exploratory committee, he has not made a final decision about launching a campaign for the White House in 2012.

"He is still not 100 percent," a source close to the Paul campaign told CNN. "He is strongly considering a run."

"He is moving closer to a final decision," the source said, adding, "You can expect that decision to come in mid-May."

The source is likely Jesse Benton as he has said before that Ron will make a decision in mid-May.

Legend1104
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Well I will never be caught guilty of counting my chickens too early. I will not feel 100% gung-ho until I hear him utter the "I am an official candidate," himself.

runningdiz
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
He will be looking mainly for $$$$. Unlike LPAC and C4L the money donated to the exploratory committee can be transferred to the Presidential Campaign when he decides to announce.

He can also build a staff, conduct polling, and create a network for the presidential campaign.

The campaign really needs a bunch of money up front to build a strong foundation and run a serious campaign.

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 10:38 PM
The source is likely Jesse Benton as he has said before that Ron will make a decision in mid-May.Yes.

But ONLY if we show him enough support! Donate everything you have up front and early.

FSP-Rebel
04-25-2011, 10:42 PM
Yes.

But ONLY if we show him enough support! Donate everything you have up front and early.

starting to be meh.. But yeah, I'm in for da moonay