PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Gary Johnson and Ron Paul

gratefulvolvo
04-25-2011, 09:23 PM
Hi,

I am not a new member, but certainly I am a new poster. I am just coming on here to state my opinion.

I think it is great news that Both Gary AND Ron will be running this election. All this means, from my point of view is that we now have 2 Libertarian minded individuals running for President. All this can do is bring more troops to our side. Simply put, when Ron and Gary are on stage debating the other GOP stooges, they alone will stand high and mighty, as the moral and philosophical champions of liberty, while the rest squander and squirm to make good on their "principles". This of course will cause people to see the alternatives very clearly, as both Ron and Gary will be hammering home the same points about ending the wars, drug war, entitlements, the FED, etc etc.

Of course, I prefer to hear the good doctor speak, but as it is, Gary Johnson is also a young and enthusiastic character. He has the agility to move about the playing field and bring attention, while, regrettably, Doctor Paul may lack behind from the vicious attacks. Of course, those who follow Doctor Paul know how articulate and accurate he is, but for the general public, they need a talker like Obama, not like Doctor Paul. Soundbites win sadly.

Lastly, and this is the most important part, "we" as the libertarian/constitutional/anti-federalist/jeffersonian/objectivist/etc etc etc party, must come together and recognize that, regardless of the situation, eventually Ron or Gary will drop out. Once this drop out happens, the real transfer of power occurs. If Gary Johnson drops out, I am 100% positive he will encourage his supporters to vote for Ron Paul. The same will work the opposite way. Maybe one will drop out and state openly that they are more than happy to be the VP of the others campaign. I don't know how it will unfold, but the end game comes down to the simple fact that "we" have two libertarian minded candidates on the field and when one drops out, the other should receive full support. It is the only sure way of a win.

Thanks, talk to you fellas soon!

mport1
04-25-2011, 09:27 PM
Yes, I'm glad Ron and Gary are in. The more libertarian candidates the better! Neither will likely win, but it doesn't matter. We need a lot of candidates with different styles who will appeal to different types of people. Changing the hearts and minds of the people is the only thing that matters. We will never have liberty until this is accomplished, now matter how many libertarians get into office.

Tenbobnote
04-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Have you read this?
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/04/21/gary-johnson-caveat-emptor/

mport1
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Have you read this?
http://original.antiwar.com/justin/2011/04/21/gary-johnson-caveat-emptor/

Yeah, Ron Paul is A LOT better than Gary, but at least Gary is a lot better than most other Republicans.

goRPaul
04-25-2011, 10:05 PM
I would disagree with your point that "the general public needs a good talker like Obama"- that's the last thing they need. What they need is to look beyond the surface and listen to more than the last quarter-second of audible stimulation. But otherwise, thank you for your post!

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 10:30 PM
There is no need to bash GJ. If he were running for Senate we'd probably all be supporting him. He is for the most part one of us. Don't forget Ron endorsed him, and he endorsed Ron.

A civil war within the liberty movement is unnecessary and unproductive.

HardyMacia
04-26-2011, 05:16 AM
Right on. A civil war within the movement is what the people in power want to see happen. That's why they use plants to post crap like that.

I'll be giving the maximum amount I can to both Gary Johnson and Ron Paul. It's not about splitting the vote. There is a lot of overlap in their support, but both men draw support from areas the other doesn't and we need to expand this movement a lot more to win and to be able to change the course of this nation. It's going to be a great year.

AlexMerced
04-26-2011, 05:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5xev7O0TvY

trey4sports
04-26-2011, 07:23 AM
Ya know, i think Rons appeal with conservatives is going to be much stronger than Garys.

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 07:28 AM
I don't see why we have to 'attack' Gary more than any other candidate running against Ron, but I'm not sure why his supporters keep bringing him up here. None of the other opposing candidates' supporters do that. The anger against Gary is in response to his supporters trashing Ron, subtly and not, and using a Ron Paul supporter web page to try to break away support from Ron for Gary. If they quit that, I don't see why we need to discuss Gary very much, actually.

JohnGalt1225
04-26-2011, 08:01 AM
Honestly, I'm pro-choice and I wouldn't say "pro" gay marriage but I don't believe in the government interference between two consenting adults. That being said, I want to end the Fed, and I'm very wary of a politician who supports "humanitarian" wars. I'm so war sick that I could scream.