04-25-2011, 08:13 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r87kU7pAyMA

trey4sports
04-25-2011, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the tube Casey

can't stand Hannity

sailingaway
04-25-2011, 08:32 PM
OK, I agree with someone else, he needs to have a condensed, what I would do NEXT on the budget ready. He has said it before, and he NEEDS to have it ready. They demonized Rand on this and will demonize him too, if they can't marginalize him with it, first.

Romulus
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM
He can Hannity all day... Needs to close the deal with the budget though, carefully...they'll try to corner him

libertybrewcity
04-25-2011, 10:24 PM
Hmm...I can smell the media discussion framing already. Foreign policy...snowball..NY mosque...entitlements...psh

libertygrl
04-26-2011, 07:16 AM
Hmm...I can smell the media discussion framing already. Foreign policy...snowball..NY mosque...entitlements...psh

Yep... here we go again. Pathetic.

LibertyEagle
04-26-2011, 09:02 AM
OK, I agree with someone else, he needs to have a condensed, what I would do NEXT on the budget ready. He has said it before, and he NEEDS to have it ready. They demonized Rand on this and will demonize him too, if they can't marginalize him with it, first.

Yup, did you notice how Hannity already framed him as the person who would take Social Security and Medicare away from old people? Just dandy. Ron should have set him straight on that, but he just let it go. Not good at all.

He's got to get his talking points together. If he doesn't, this is an exercise in futility.

georgiaboy
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
This felt to me like an attempt at mending of fences between neocon and libertycon. Agree to disagree, but let's start the dialogue with civility, and maybe, maybe, we can come together.

1. Hannity had Ron on his show, first time ever, and was more even-handed than I thought he would be. There were several parts of the interview where agreement was reached. The fact that Sean is even positioned as taking Ron seriously this time around is a huge wakeup for the establishment crowd and will have a positive ripple effect.
2. Ron announced the announcement of the formation of his exploratory committee on Sean's show. Huge. probably quid pro quo for Sean having him on his show, but huge.
3. Airing of grievances occurred (snowballs), and I think Ron handled these well.
4. On the issues, Hannity was his typical sensationalist. Ron got some points in there that he can come back to later and didn't shy away from where he stands, very good.
5. On the subject of plans, Ron has time to get them together.

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Hannity didn't just air grievances on the snowball, he played clips of the event coming back and going to all commercial breaks, including the 'You suck!" calls.

kahless
04-26-2011, 11:10 AM
Yup, did you notice how Hannity already framed him as the person who would take Social Security and Medicare away from old people? Just dandy. Ron should have set him straight on that, but he just let it go. Not good at all.

He's got to get his talking points together. If he doesn't, this is an exercise in futility.

+1. Before I watched the video I was worried he was not going to provide an answer when Hannity hits him up about SS and Medicare. If he does not say SS and Medicare will be phased out over time and be replaced with private solutions, all people are going to take from these interviews are that they are completely losing Medicare and SS.

Unbelievable. So freaking obvious, who is advising him? Hannity did not have to bash him, he questioned him just right on ever issue and not allowing him enough time to get his point across so that people whom do not know Ron will always take the low road in formulating an opinion on where Ron stands on an issue.

iGGz
04-26-2011, 09:21 PM
Maybe people should be more respectful when representing Dr Paul.

sailingaway
04-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Maybe people should be more respectful when representing Dr Paul.

Well, it is clear there are consequences.

VBRonPaulFan
04-26-2011, 09:33 PM
i think this is recognition that the republican party is actually starting to come around a little. remember in '08 when hannity was completely dismissing ron paul winning in polls on account of the crazy 'ron paulites' flooding the polls and distorting the results? he marginalized him to no end - and now he asked him to come on his show and agreed with him on a bunch of stuff.

sam1952
04-26-2011, 09:49 PM
In the early stages all the talking heads have to at least pretent to have an open mind. In the end they will marginalize Paul with the same old talking points. Though this time they won't dismiss him to few internet spammers living in thier moms basement. There is also the change that they really are seeing things his way. You can bet every other candidate will be parroting Ron Paul's smaller government, less spending, printing money points. HEY, I even heard ole Rush use the words Austrian economics on his show the other day.

What I'm looking forward to is the Debate Day Money Bomb total. That is something no other candidate will be able to match and can't be ignored. A couple of good endorsements wouldn't hurt either.

Ball
04-27-2011, 03:40 PM
I was there during snowballgate. Barely any snow was thrown. In fact, being in the thick of it, I didn't see a single snowball thrown and the video certainly doesn't show any that I can see. He might have gotten a tiny shower of particles. There were many, like me, who were telling the FEW others who had picked up some snow to put the snow down (which everyone I saw did).

What Hannity doesn't mention is the whole focus group thing was a sham. These people were hand-picked beforehand and spoon fed questions to get the appropriate response. It was propaganda of the first order than Hannity was being a good little tool in running it. He was also visibly pissed at Ron Paul supporters for walking past the windows holding signs.

MOST LIKELY Hannity was hoping for a big chunk of ice to wallop his cranium so he could marginalize Paulites.

/Hannity can walk FAST