PDA

View Full Version : From a guy who used to hate ron paul.. now he says f*** it im in...

Chester Copperpot
04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Just wanted to post this from a staunch Hamiltonian guy Ive known online for a good number of years and who used to really depise Ron Paul...

Ron Paul is old.

But, I guess if the old coot gets the nomination, he'll get my vote in the general election. We could use some Libertarianism for a spell. This country is losing its shit...

Fuck it. I'm in.

http://histweb.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/675-ron-paul-is-running/page__pid__14891__st__0&#entry14891

sailingaway
04-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Yeah, let's elect the old coot.

MikeStanart
04-25-2011, 07:46 PM
Yeah, let's elect the old coot.

Haha should be the official Ron Paul slogan. Picture that on a T-shirt

Chester Copperpot
04-25-2011, 08:45 PM
oops looks like he changed his mind after the hannity interview..

oh well..

sailingaway
04-25-2011, 09:06 PM

oh well..

That's interesting. Why?

Just because Hannity used all the buzzwords or was it a particular issue?

trey4sports
04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
That's interesting. Why?

Just because Hannity used all the buzzwords or was it a particular issue?

Dunno, ive been tracking tweets including Ron Paul and Hannity since the interview and the reaction has been negative

MelissaWV
04-25-2011, 09:08 PM
Mind-change aside, I do know a lot of people who'd vote for him if he appeared on the ballot. Add the "anybody but Obama" people to that, and it's encouraging.

The fight should focus more than ever on winning primaries.

ctb619
04-25-2011, 09:09 PM

oh well..

What the....this guy seems a bit capricious.

Matthew Zak
04-25-2011, 09:12 PM
The talking heads of the establishment have a superficial hold on the public. Remember, the message is powerful, we just need to find a way to feed it to people. Everyone is different. For me it was "no secrecy in government."

I remember watching O'Rielly and he tore in to Ron Paul, and I remember thinking, "Holy shit, that old guy got his ass handed to him."

A few weeks later, after being slapped into reality, I revisited that interview on youtube and realized that intellectually, Ron Paul destroyed him.

It's a matter of jolting a person's intellectual perspective.

AuH20
04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
The talking heads of the establishment have a superficial hold on the public. Remember, the message is powerful, we just need to find a way to feed it to people. Everyone is different. For me it was "no secrecy in government."

I remember watching O'Rielly and he tore in to Ron Paul, and I remember thinking, "Holy shit, that old guy got his ass handed to him."

A few weeks later, after being slapped into reality, I revisited that interview on youtube and realized that intellectually, Ron Paul destroyed him.

It's a matter of jolting a person's intellectual perspective.

He's too nice. He surrenders the high ground by being overly courteous. Even my mother says he's too nice. As a result, the viewers can perceive his ideas to be inferior, when they really aren't. He needs to ditch the 'venerable yet kooky grandfather' stereotype the media has typecast him as. It's insulting.

Chester Copperpot
04-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Yeah Im sure if RP got the nomination this guy would vote for him.. because RP would be better than Obama

thats probably going to be a big chunk of RP voters no matter.... as long as it works for us, it works for me

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Fuck it. Im in.

New campaign slogan? :D

Matthew Zak
04-25-2011, 09:28 PM
He's too nice. He surrenders the high ground by being overly courteous. Even my mother says he's too nice. As a result, the viewers can perceive his ideas to be inferior, when they really aren't. He needs to ditch the 'venerable yet kooky grandfather' stereotype the media has typecast him as. It's insulting.

I totally agree. But the man is 75 years old. I don't think he's learning any new tricks. He has more clout, and support this time around, but he's not talking over anyone, he's not raising his voice, he's not talking out of turn. He is who he is, and it's completely up to us to open people's ears to the message.

It's the message that is important.

Kregisen
04-25-2011, 09:32 PM
New campaign slogan? :D

lmao.

Chester Copperpot
04-25-2011, 09:36 PM
I like it

KramerDSP
04-25-2011, 09:38 PM
In 2007, it was "He's catching on!"

In 2011, it is "Fuck it. I'm in."

sailingaway
04-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Dunno, ive been tracking tweets including Ron Paul and Hannity since the interview and the reaction has been negative

I'm betting it was the social security/medicare bit. Ron HAS an answer for that, but people are worried about it, and he has to make it clear.

Hannity was trotting out buzzword after buzzword, polite or not, essentially reminding his viewers 'this is why we can't stand him'. Dang. Ron handled it pretty well, but it was not a warm and fuzzy roll out.

AuH20
04-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Ron Paul 2012...................It's gonna be biblical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZsqJASP34&feature=related

vita3
04-25-2011, 10:13 PM
Ron should be a VP candidate in 2012. Teamed up with the right man or women & he can WIN.

WilliamShrugged
04-25-2011, 10:18 PM
Ron Paul 2012...................It's gonna be biblical!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--ZsqJASP34&feature=related

God that movies ending pissed me off.

Pauls' Revere
04-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Haha should be the official Ron Paul slogan. Picture that on a T-shirt

"Woot for The Coot!" - LOL

:D

SimpleName
04-26-2011, 02:05 AM
YUCK! People swayed by some jerkoff on TV...may be a lost cause unless you have a full intervention. Ron just needs to be tough like his boy Rand. Not sure how many times I've said this, but neo-cons love decisiveness. They live in absolutes. If you want their support, you have to be hard-nosed and unmoving. Rand does the job perfectly. I pray Ron does not continue to give up ground in debate again this campaign cycle. It will once again lead to his discrediting.

Chester Copperpot
05-01-2011, 09:06 AM
Here you go...

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Bunker_photos/rp-1-1-1.jpg?t=1304195930

sailingaway
05-01-2011, 09:08 AM
Here you go...

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p202/Bunker_photos/rp-1-1-1.jpg?t=1304195930

I like!

sailingaway
05-01-2011, 09:09 AM
Ron should be a VP candidate in 2012. Teamed up with the right man or women & he can WIN.

No. The VP's 'message' doesn't get out. This way, Ron wins, win or lose.