http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VcGIv-4rZs

Airing Date April.25, 2011

CNN Talking Ron Paul, Electability Card Gets Played
At about 1:50 in
" Republicans want to win so you do have to prove that your electable"

Oh CNN that's so 2008....

MelissaWV
04-25-2011, 05:58 PM
They could have several people from RPFs on as guests, saying how Ron Paul isn't electable.

acptulsa
04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
Sure looked electable talking peace on The View. But I don't guess CNN wants to talk about the popularity of peace...

Matt Collins
04-25-2011, 06:09 PM
Well what they stopped short of saying was that Ron could be the kingmaker and could be the one who determines what issues get discussed this election.

acptulsa
04-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Well what they stopped short of saying was that Ron could be the kingmaker and could be the one who determines what issues get discussed this election.

Well, sure, we (and the crashing economy) have been setting the issues for this cycle up for four years now. And some of us for thirty.

Kingmaker? Maybe you should look that one up.

dean.engelhardt
04-25-2011, 06:15 PM
The woman on the right doesn't think RP appeals to independents?????? CNN should stop putting community college poli-sci drop outs on it's panel.

acptulsa
04-25-2011, 06:17 PM
The woman on the right doesn't think RP appeals to independents??????

Not enough--at least, not yet. But so long as we keep reminding them there's such a thing as state governments, we'll get 'em. And don't let the rank and file G.O.P.--you know, those people who just love to win--forget it.

She's wrong. We just haven't proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Yet.

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-25-2011, 06:25 PM
"Electability" is such BS. :rolleyes: Donald Trump, who has never held public office is more "electable" than Ron Paul, a veteran congressman? "Electability" to them is being slick and charming, it's not based on anything tangible at all.

I like how Trump is somehow supposed to be a Tea Party candidate! What a joke.

ctb619
04-25-2011, 06:29 PM
The woman on the right doesn't think RP appeals to independents?????? CNN should stop putting community college poli-sci drop outs on it's panel.

That community college poli-sci drop-out is actually a Harvard grad. But yeah, I agree with you that Ron Paul can indeed appeal to a wide swath of independents.

dean.engelhardt
04-25-2011, 06:30 PM
Not enough--at least, not yet. But so long as we keep reminding them there's such a thing as state governments, we'll get 'em. And don't let the rank and file G.O.P.--you know, those people who just love to win--forget it.

She's wrong. We just haven't proven it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Yet.

OK I haven't seen poll numbers, but aren't independents against the war on drugs and against the crazy foreign/war policy? Isn't that what drives people from the two parties?

Eleventh Star
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
That community college poli-sci drop-out is actually a Harvard grad. But yeah, I agree with you that Ron Paul can indeed appeal to a wide swath of independents.

It's either staggering ignorance or very selective reading to say that Ron Paul's base is limited to extremist kooks and tea party types, Harvard diploma or not. She has to be wearing blinders not to see that Ron has the greatest pull among independents and progressives of any Republican candidate.

ctb619
04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
It's either staggering ignorance or very selective reading to say that Ron Paul's base is limited to extremist kooks and tea party types, Harvard diploma or not. She has to be wearing blinders not to see that Ron has the greatest pull among independents and progressives of any Republican candidate.

I don't agree with her analysis, but I believe it's misguided to ascribe that flawed analysis to stupidity.

KramerDSP
04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
In the Rasmussen Poll, RP clearly crushed Obama with 42% of the Independent vote to Obama's 28%.

ds21089
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I don't agree with her analysis, but I believe it's misguided to ascribe that flawed analysis to stupidity.

Agreed. She's not stupid. Just an evil bitch

KramerDSP
04-25-2011, 06:45 PM
USA TODAY - APRIL 2010 - Rasmussen Poll (http://content.usatoday.com/communities/onpolitics/post/2010/04/survey-ron-paul-dead-even-with-obama-in-hypothetical-2012-race/1)

Rep. Ron Paul, the Texas Republican who struggled to crack 10% in presidential primary polls in 2008, runs dead even with President Obama in a new Rasmussen survey out today.

The survey of 1,000 likely voters in a hypothetical Obama-Paul race gave the Democratic president 42% and the veteran congressman 41%. Paul was particularly strong -- as you would expect -- among independents. He out-polled Obama 47% to 28% among voters who are not affiliated with either major party.

Dark_Horse_Rider
04-25-2011, 07:37 PM
People, this is whole electable thing has nothing to do with Ron's age, character, or message.

Most of us here at RPF have a tremendous amount of respect and appreciation for the good Doctor, and for good reason. If others in America were informed of the facts, most of them would probably not feel much differently than us.

What the whole electable thing has to do with, is an attempt to smear Ron and his fans so that people will turn away, close their minds to the truth, enabling tptb to continue their charade and hold on power.

It is an attempt by tptb to dictate to America who is allowed to be president.

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-25-2011, 07:45 PM
It is an attempt by tptb to dictate to America who is allowed to be president.Just as in every presidential election, the MSM is actively shaping the field. It makes me sick.

dean.engelhardt
04-26-2011, 11:50 AM

Looks like I offended you; I apologize. I'd still like to think CNN is stupid to allow this to be broadcasted nationally. But I've lost tons of respect for CNN lately. Since getting beaten in the rating by biased news channels, their level of integrity is going down hill.

acptulsa
04-26-2011, 11:55 AM
USA Toady sez we would expect Paul to do well amongst independents? Funny. Here they are trying to remind primary voters that he wasn't always a Republican, yet all they're accomplishing is demonstrating how asinine their 'far right' meme is.

Contradict yourselves some more, please. We love it!

HOLLYWOOD
04-26-2011, 12:14 PM
WOW... CNN on a roll... using almost everyone of their anchors and shows to marginalize Ron Paul... not even 24 hours after announcing and all the scripts are ready to go by Crone Fasco-Corporate Propaganda of the Liberal CNN establishment.

Every hour is like another hit piece by CNN. This is where MONEY come in to play... when HUCKABEE and CM Ed Rollins spent their cash on CNN advertising, the plugs came routinely for the Liberal/Leftist Bias media regime.

Let's See... who's on the CNN list goes next for a Ron Paul hit piece?

Roland Martin "Racist"
Jeff Tobin "Crazy Uncle"
SE Cupp "These RETREADS won't have much success"