PDA

View Full Version : George Washington on the Ron Paul Revolution

crhoades
10-25-2007, 11:07 PM
George Washington

Our own Country's Honor, all call upon us for a vigorous and manly exertion, and if we now shamefully fail, we shall become infamous to the whole world. Let us therefore rely upon the goodness of the Cause, and the aid of the supreme Being, in whose hands Victory is, to animate and encourage us to great and noble Actions - The Eyes of all our Countrymen are now upon us, and we shall have their blessings, and praises, if happily we are the instruments of saving them from the Tyranny mediated against them. Let us therefore animate and encourage each other, and shew the whole world, that a Freeman contending for Liberty on his own ground is superior to any slavish mercenary on earth.

Reference: Washington, General Orders, July 2, 1776.

More great quote resources here:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=28907

Primbs
10-25-2007, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the quote and the resources.

crhoades
10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Couple more:

George Washington
1796 - letter to Pierre Auguste Adet

My anxious recollections, my sympathetic feeling, and my best wishes are irresistibly excited whensoever, in any country, I see an oppressed nation unfurl the banners of freedom.

George Washington
1777 - letter to Philip Schuyler
Category: Advice

We should never despair, our Situation before has been unpromising and has changed for the better, so I trust, it will again. If new difficulties arise, we must only put forth new Exertions and proportion our Efforts to the exigency of the times.
Reference: Washington's Maxims, 16.

George Washington
1783 - Circular to the States
Category: War for Independence

It is yet to be decided whether the Revolution must ultimately be considered as a blessing or a curse: a blessing or a curse, not to the present age alone, for with our fate will the destiny of unborn millions be involved.
Reference: Vindicating the Founders, West, 15.