PDA

View Full Version : Article: Why Ron Paul's Radical Vision Is Good for America (article)

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-25-2011, 02:50 PM
There is something that currently plagues our nation: a kind of irritable grasping after conclusions, the kind that made me stopped blogging regularly for a while, as I fought in myself that lonely battle of the last five or six people in America who still think that life is way too complicated for any summing up that doesn't involve math. But if someone held a gun to my head and asked me to say what I think about Ron Paul, after interviewing him and following him around for my new profile in the May issue, this is what I would say:

Ron Paul is, or seems to be, a very sweet and shockingly naïve man who wants very much to do right by America. But his uncompromising vision of freedom would destroy America, really, by turbo-charging the powerful and the rich, who have shown throughout history that they have (with a few exceptions) zero social conscience and very little concern for the country. Already they've grasped most of the wealth and property in the country. Those in the top percentile are perfectly happy to throw Americans out of work and create jobs in China or Mexico if it means more profits, which they then bank overseas to avoid paying the taxes that create the relatively uncorrupted government under which they thrive. Given the nearly unlimited freedom from regulations and taxes that Republicans like Paul dream of, they'd be completely unrestrained. Eventually the desperate peasantry would realize, as they just realized throughout the Middle East, that the system was completely gamed against them. The result would be bloody revolution.

Read more: http://www.esquire.com/blogs/politics/ron-paul-platform-5624213#ixzz1KZPGiVPU

Wow, this guy totally doesn't get it. He spent all this time with RP and this is what he came away with? Yikes.

Fredom101
04-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Wow. He is living in a fantasyland where government has "social conscience" and actually cares about the people, while your average rich guy hates the world and wants to destroy it while getting wealthy.

This is what 13 years + of government school gets us, sadly. Magical thinking, once again. :(

gls
04-25-2011, 02:59 PM
Wow, this guy totally doesn't get it. He spent all this time with RP and this is what he came away with? Yikes.

"Progressives" are clueless pawns who advocate the very same policies supported by the corporate and banking interests that they love to complain about. Basically they are complete suckers that the elite no doubt enjoy laughing at.

JamesButabi
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
Oh my goodness that article seriously hurts to read. Ugh this is really how the average persons' mind works.

tangent4ronpaul
04-25-2011, 03:23 PM
That first page is pretty bad, but it sounds like not a one of you clicked through on the arrow at the bottom that says READ THE FULL STORY HERE because the next 2 pages are pretty good!

http://www.esquire.com/features/ron-paul-profile-0511

Ron Paul: The Founding Father

He is a constant in a changing world, an emissary from an older America. A self-styled constitutional purist, he has for forty years been a voice in the wilderness. But now he has sparked a movement that has put him at the center of the struggle over what kind of country we want to be. But is America ready for his radical vision?

[...]

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-25-2011, 03:33 PM
That first page is pretty bad, but it sounds like not a one of you clicked through on the arrow at the bottom that says READ THE FULL STORY HERE because the next 2 pages are pretty good!

Ron Paul: The Founding Father

He is a constant in a changing world, an emissary from an older America. A self-styled constitutional purist, he has for forty years been a voice in the wilderness. But now he has sparked a movement that has put him at the center of the struggle over what kind of country we want to be. But is America ready for his radical vision?

[...]

Kinda hard to get through all of that when you start off an article with Ron Paul will destroy America.

tangent4ronpaul
04-25-2011, 03:45 PM
The page you linked was the authors blog entry, the continued part was what he actualy wrote for Esquire and will get printed - dead tree version. Night and day difference.

AuH20
04-25-2011, 03:50 PM
"Progressives" are clueless pawns who advocate the very same policies supported by the corporate and banking interests that they love to complain about. Basically they are complete suckers that the elite no doubt enjoy laughing at.

The problem with progressives is that they have an attention span of a fruit fly. They can be bought real cheap. As long as they get theirs or they think that their destructive goals are being met, they could care less what happens down the line. Take for example, the health care bill which was recently passed.

KramerDSP
04-25-2011, 04:10 PM
To give him credit, he says this at the very end:

"Or maybe they're right, and the mildest government regulations lead inevitably down the "road to serfdom." Hell if I know. I'm just another person in distress, grasping at solutions I dimly understand."

outspoken
04-25-2011, 04:14 PM
His views aren't radical and it is the perverted extremists in both political wings that perceive liberty relatively speaking as radical that is so detrimental to this country and the world as a whole.

Dave Aiello
04-25-2011, 04:37 PM
We need to comment on this.. is it possible? I don't see any option.

PermanentSleep
04-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Hell if I know. I'm just another person in distress, grasping at solutions I dimly understand."

If you comment on this article or talk to a person that feels like the above quote, remind them that we too are in distress and until we stop warring with each other, we the people will continue to get gamed. Time to put away our childish ways and bring about a new American Enlightenment, TOGETHER. The people of this country absolutely have to stop hating each other just because the tv tells us to do so.

KramerDSP
04-25-2011, 04:58 PM
We need to comment on this.. is it possible? I don't see any option.

There is no comment board on Esquire.

dannno
04-25-2011, 05:05 PM
More from the article:

So I think it's very likely that Paul's purity and extremism will end up being a force for good, if only because the man who says what he means exposes the truth beneath the pretty lies. Do we really want a nation without a strong federal government? When the Colorado River runs low, how long before Arizona and Nevada go to war over water? If New Hampshire guts its safety net, will Massachusetts close emergency rooms to the desperate citizens flooding across the border? Is small government really possible in a country as big and complicated as 21st-century America? Or is the underlying Republican vision indistinguishable from a failed state?

Or maybe they're right, and the mildest government regulations lead inevitably down the "road to serfdom." Hell if I know. I'm just another person in distress, grasping at solutions I dimly understand.

Legend1104
04-25-2011, 05:25 PM
Too long for me to read.

acptulsa
04-25-2011, 05:39 PM
'When the Colorado River runs low, how long before Arizona and Nevada go to war over water?'

Depends on whether we have a Constitutionalist in charge, who will understand his duty to keep peace between the various states, or if we have a warmonger from the Twin War Parties who will promote any fighting in the interests of selling weapons to the combatants.

Obama=war. Paul=peace.

NewRightLibertarian
04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
why can't people realize that the federal reserve enables the super rich and corporations to commit these horrible acts? most of what he described in the first few paragraphs has already happened while the whole political class didn't listen to a word ron paul said. the rest of the article consists of the writer making a caricature of conservative beliefs. at least he admits he's a clueless moron at the end

tangent4ronpaul
04-25-2011, 05:52 PM
ugh! - read the article, not the blog:

KurtBoyer25L
04-25-2011, 06:33 PM
I am with the other posters that don't hate the author, but where does he get some of the stuff he says? Ron is against birth control in order to force Christianity on people? First of all, I really think even some of the "if you disagree with my version of Christianity you're helpless, stupid and ignorant of plain facts" RP supporters here are not in favor of forcing their religion on anyone. If you just "believe" because you are forced to, then you don't really believe at all. Everybody knows that. Second, when has Ron ever been against birth control? He might be against the federal government being involved in sex education, but he's against the federal government being involved in *any* education.

Finally, "conservatives like Ron Paul" or "Republicans like Ron Paul" is always such a blatant mistake. I think it's pretty plain that he's one of a kind.

Dreamofunity
04-25-2011, 06:35 PM
That has to be one of the worst blogs I've ever read.