PDA

View Full Version : What does Rand Paul mean by this statement ?

aid632007
04-25-2011, 11:32 AM
What does Rand Paul mean by this statement ?

Rand Paul: No Poor, No Rich, No Middle Class

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-M0c2diw5Y

Romulus
04-25-2011, 11:34 AM
That we are all connected in an economy... what affects one, affects us all..

dannno
04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
Yes - taxing my boss is taxing me

Leftists will come back with some blabbering about the trickle down theory and the fat cat CEOs in the financial sector or some other heavily regulated sector like cars (think GM), but most of those companies make their wealth from our expanding credit bubble which can be blamed on the Federal Reserve and our loose monetary policies.

If you have a valid, production based company that isn't receiving subsidies in a relatively free market and you tax them, you are hurting everybody from the lowest worker on the totem poll to the CEO.

sailingaway
04-25-2011, 11:45 AM
After the election victory he was giving a mess of interviews one after the other, still during his party. And he was saying, not with his greatest eloquence, that as tempting as it might seem to just 'soak the rich' to pay for things instead of getting the spending under control, you couldn't isolate the impact on the rich if you wanted to. He pointed out repeatedly that when Congress imposed a 'yacht tax' which was assumed to only hit the rich, what it did was shut down yacht manufacturing in Connecticut, the rich just took their first trips, say FROM the Bahamas where they bought the yachts, rather than TO the Bahamas. The rich have more options and flexibility, and the impact hits people in other economic classes.

Nate-ForLiberty
04-25-2011, 11:46 AM
It's basically summed up when he says, "If we aren't working for rich people, we are selling to them." Any tax is a government taking money out of a productive sphere and redirecting it to a non-productive area. Taxes destroys wealth. If you tax rich people too much, then they cannot create and sustain jobs.

In other words, there are unseen consequences to poor people when you over tax rich people.

SWATH
04-25-2011, 11:53 AM
And here I thought he was waxing existential and pondering if any of us actually exist at all.