PDA

View Full Version : The GOP's White Horse Man

awake
04-24-2011, 08:30 PM
President you say?

Gen. Grievous for President? (http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/04/gen-grievous-for-president/)

Posted on April 23, 2011 (http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/04/gen-grievous-for-president/) by Lew Rockwell (http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/author/lew-rockwell/)

A friend and long-time political observer predicts that the Republican establishment, terrified of the pygmy candidates and of Ron Paul, plans to introduce the armed neocon Gen. Petraeus into the presidential race. He has the qualifications, after all. He’s a lifelong federal employee, he’s killed plenty of people, he has a smear of medals; he’s devoted to the empire; he’s believes in permanent, global war; and he pledges allegiance to the merchants of death. What’s not to like?

awake
04-24-2011, 08:33 PM
He has enough shiny pins and buttons to make most third world dictators look like amateur jewelry collectors. The public loves a shiny war hero too...

KramerDSP
04-24-2011, 08:36 PM
Patreaus is my worst nightmare. Welcome to WWIII. I have been warning about Patreaus sweeping in mid-summer ala Fred Thompson, and stealing hearts and minds everywhere.

Vessol
04-24-2011, 08:38 PM
I hate to say it, but if Petraeus ran, he would win. Without a doubt.

KramerDSP
04-24-2011, 08:40 PM

Can't disagree. But at the very least, we'd get to see some epic Ron Paul-Petreaus clashes. Unless Barbour or Gary Johnson chime in first.

civusamericanus
04-24-2011, 08:44 PM

I disagree, America clearly needs a economic miser in office, not a war time president, war is a major part of the spending problem with our economy, republicans and democrats know it. If Petraeus got the GOP nod, they are handing Obama the 2012 election.

Sola_Fide
04-24-2011, 08:46 PM
I don't see his appeal...even to establishment Republicans.

Dark_Horse_Rider
04-24-2011, 08:46 PM
As we all know, much can happen just around election time.

KramerDSP
04-24-2011, 08:47 PM
I disagree, America clearly needs a economic miser in office, not a war time president, war is a major part of the spending problem with our economy, republicans and democrats know it. If Petraeus got the GOP nod, they are handing Obama the 2012 election.

And this is exactly what the GOP wants! The GOP wants Obama to be re-elected so that they can continue to add Senators and House representatives, ensure gridlock, and be all set for 2016. If the GOP comes in for 2012 and the economy crashes, we go right back to the DNC in 2016. I'm certain the GOP doesn't really care about winning back the Presidency in 2012.

Vessol
04-24-2011, 09:11 PM

Petraeus is part of the military. The military worship in this nation reaches the levels of almost qualifying as a religion for both parties. And this man is at the very top of the priesthood of that religion. If he runs, he will win.

Icymudpuppy
04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
All Hail Caesar, Conquerer of the Gauls! The Republic is no more, All Hail the Emperor!

pcosmar
04-24-2011, 09:32 PM

An ugly thought. one that I have trouble wrapping my head around.
:(