PDA

View Full Version : Really??!! ZH: China Proposes To Cut Two Thirds Of Its $3 Trillion In USD Holdings

GunnyFreedom
04-24-2011, 06:26 PM
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/china-proposes-cut-two-thirds-its-3-trillion-usd-holdings

From Xinhua:

China's foreign exchange reserves increased by 197.4 billion U.S. dollars in the first three months of this year to 3.04 trillion U.S. dollars by the end of March.

Xia Bin, a member of the monetary policy committee of the central bank, said on Tuesday that 1 trillion U.S. dollars would be sufficient. He added that China should invest its foreign exchange reserves more strategically, using them to acquire resources and technology needed for the real economy.

which would imply $1 trillion, or 1/3 of the debt, not 2/3...

China should reduce its excessive foreign exchange reserves and further diversify its holdings, Tang Shuangning, chairman of China Everbright Group, said on Saturday.

The amount of foreign exchange reserves should be restricted to between 800 billion to 1.3 trillion U.S. dollars, Tang told a forum in Beijing, saying that the current reserve amount is too high.

Tang's remarks echoed the stance of Zhou Xiaochuan, governor of China's central bank, who said on Monday that China's foreign exchange reserves "exceed our reasonable requirement" and that the government should upgrade and diversify its foreign exchange management using the excessive reserves.

Tang also said that China should further diversify its foreign exchange holdings. He suggested five channels for using the reserves, including replenishing state-owned capital in key sectors and enterprises, purchasing strategic resources, expanding overseas investment, issuing foreign bonds and improving national welfare in areas like education and health.

OK, so that's where the other trillion dollars is coming from... the burgeoning Chinese private sector.

HOLLYWOOD
04-24-2011, 09:17 PM
This is conflicting, considering the G7/8 meetings protected and shielded behind; locks, walls, barricades, and armies... as the money masters agree on who counterfeits and who protects who in the FIAT racketeering monetary global game.

Most know China wants the US Imperial Fascist Empire to end without extended economic damage to the lesser nations(BRIC)... even with that said, I'll believe it when I see it.

GunnyFreedom
04-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Apparently there are 10 US Senators led by Harry Reid in China right now Easter Sunday on a 10 day trip due home on Tuesday. Could amount to just very serious saber rattling. Capture our attention and get serious. The key will be the speed with which the world divests itself of the dollar. The faster, the uglier. All we can do now is wait for the markets to open and see what happens to the dollar next week.

GunnyFreedom
04-24-2011, 09:29 PM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/apr/24/curl-consequences-of-debt-crisis-arent-too-dire-fo/

Texan4Life
04-24-2011, 11:21 PM
wow.. I wonder when china is actually going to get rid of some of their FRNs? seems like every 6 months or so there are reports of them talking about it.

Though I wanna say this is the first to mention amounts. Wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot if they ditched 2/3s? I mean wouldn't the value plunge or go down significantly on their remaining 1/3?

ForLibertyFight
04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
wow.. I wonder when china is actually going to get rid of some of their FRNs? seems like every 6 months or so there are reports of them talking about it.

Though I wanna say this is the first to mention amounts. Wouldn't they be shooting themselves in the foot if they ditched 2/3s? I mean wouldn't the value plunge or go down significantly on their remaining 1/3?

Better to do it now then later. The Chinese are not idiots, they know they will lose money either way. It's better to do it sooner to minimize the losses.