PDA

View Full Version : Billionaires: Raise My Taxes!

Brian4Liberty
04-24-2011, 10:58 AM
So Obama stopped in at Facebook this week. Mark Zuckerberg said that he would be "cool" with paying more taxes. He joins Bill Gates and Warren Buffet at the top of the list of hypocrites who have called for higher taxes.

Sure they would be "cool" with paying higher taxes in theory. No doubt they would be willing to pay any extra taxes (in the rare situation where they are not able to shelter their income with an army of lobbyists and lawyers).

http://news.yahoo.com/s/dailybeast/20110423/ts_dailybeast/13661_markzuckerbergbillgateswarrenbuffettbilliona ireswhofavortaxhikes_1

angelatc
04-24-2011, 11:05 AM
Raise your own damned taxes (http://theothermccain.com/2011/04/14/no-poor-man-ever-gave-me-a-job/)

Brian4Liberty
04-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Raise your own damned taxes (http://theothermccain.com/2011/04/14/no-poor-man-ever-gave-me-a-job/)

Exactly:

This is the Dirty Little Secret of the whole affair: Increasing tax rates does not mean that the rich will actually pay more taxes.

The rich can generally arrange their affairs in such a way, with the help of lawyers and accountants, so as to pay taxes at a rate far below the nominal rate.

Pauls' Revere
04-24-2011, 12:58 PM
Why dont they just cut a check to Uncle Sam and call it good?

MelissaWV
04-24-2011, 12:59 PM

Yep. You're still allowed to do this. You can still contribute to the pot, and have zero say in what happens to it.

Brian4Liberty
04-24-2011, 01:11 PM

Because they have no intention of paying higher taxes? Taxes are for mundanes.

acptulsa
04-24-2011, 01:11 PM

But, they can't give money away and not get any attention for it! That would be downright Christian or something!

awake
04-24-2011, 01:36 PM
This is like inviting the local thieves in your community to an open house event at your home.

The just rich and the unjust rich must be clearly defined. Government transfers must end to define the difference.

t0rnado
04-24-2011, 02:49 PM
Fuck Mark Zuckerberg. Facebook has an overly inflated valuation that is going to sink like the Titanic very soon. I want to see if that tool is "cool" with paying more in taxes in a couple of years.

HOLLYWOOD
04-24-2011, 03:46 PM
Mark Zuckerberg is a scumbag... It's pure propaganda billionaire BS for there puppets/accomplices in Washington DC and the State Capitals. If these Billionaires which keep opening their traps about paying more in taxes, then open your checkbook and write a nice fat check to the US Treasury/IRS and go on with your insider lives.

This way it will cut out all the slide of hand kickbacks in writeoffs, tax credits, reimbursements, carry loss forward/back... etc etc etc. We know this game they play and everytime these billionaires open their mouth in agreement with government on raising taxes, rest assure, it's not them paying, but the middle and lower income earners that pickup all the costs. Tired of seeing billionaire T. Bone Pickens on every fascist news channel peddling his NATGAS and Wind Mills... but never makes a move without huge subsidies from the American taxpayers to fund HIS agenda.

Pericles
04-24-2011, 04:07 PM
Because they have no intention of paying higher taxes? Taxes are for mundanes.
Thread winner. If you are wealthy, you have your assets in places that are not subject to income tax. You have trust funds, capital gains rates, and loss carry forward provisions.

The purpose of income tax is to prevent the middle class from becoming wealthy, and prevent the working class from moving into the middle class.

AGRP
04-24-2011, 04:27 PM
Nothing is stopping them.

Last time I checked, there was an option to donate $ at the end of their tax form.

South Park Fan
04-24-2011, 10:25 PM
Why don't they ever ask those not immune to the effects of tax hikes if they would mind having their taxes raised?

PermanentSleep
04-24-2011, 11:07 PM
But, they can't give money away and not get any attention for it! That would be downright Christian or something!

:collins: +rep :collins:

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 11:11 PM
So Obama stopped in at Facebook this week. Mark Zuckerberg said that he would be "cool" with paying more taxes.

He doesn't want to be broken up into little companies like they threatened Microsoft.

Brian4Liberty
04-25-2011, 12:06 PM
He doesn't want to be broken up into little companies like they threatened Microsoft.

Facebook is the greatest tool ever available to Big Brother. Zuckerberg will always have close ties to the government.

ItsTime
04-25-2011, 12:26 PM
So why don't they just create more jobs? Or write a check to the treasury?

Brian4Liberty
04-25-2011, 07:53 PM
So why don't they just create more jobs? Or write a check to the treasury?

They create jobs in other countries instead, to avoid US taxes. Could they be any bigger hypocrites?

Write a check? You gotta be kidding.

AZKing
04-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Dear billionaires,

Feel free to write me a check for $1,000,000. I promise it will go to feeding hungry people (my wife and I get hungry a few times a day and like going to nice restaurants).