PDA

View Full Version : meetups dropping the ball

McDermit
10-25-2007, 10:36 PM
really frustrating.

The Office Convention is in Scranton, PA this weekend. Al Roker will be there broadcasting live tomorrow morning.

None of the closest meetups are doing anything, and I emailed the organizers of three different groups.

It's like an hour drive for us, but me, my ex and her bother are heading up in the morning. It would have been nice to have even just a few of the 80 or so local meetup members present.

hopeforamerica
10-25-2007, 10:38 PM
really frustrating.

The Office Convention is in Scranton, PA this weekend. Al Roker will be there broadcasting live tomorrow morning.

None of the closest meetups are doing anything, and I emailed the organizers of three different groups.

It's like an hour drive for us, but me, my ex and her bother are heading up in the morning. It would have been nice to have even just a few of the 80 or so local meetup members present.

Try emailing some random members! I did this when I couldn't get the "organizer" to respond and had great results!! Sometimes the organizers just don't get it. If they have an assistant organizer listed, email them too. I know it sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

Energy
10-25-2007, 10:39 PM
Yes, don't rely on just the organizers. Contact other members.

honkywill
10-25-2007, 10:45 PM
I wore my Dunder Mifflin shirt to my meetup tonight.:)

Primbs
10-25-2007, 10:46 PM
We need independent entrepreneur types to support the campaign.

McDermit
10-25-2007, 11:03 PM
I seriously can't believe these organizers haven't even so much as sent out an email suggesting that people attend the event.

Bah. I'm starting to email a few members now, but it might be too late for this event.

TVMH
10-25-2007, 11:05 PM
I seriously can't believe these organizers haven't even so much as sent out an email suggesting that people attend the event.

Bah. I'm starting to email a few members now, but it might be too late for this event.

Flash mob...think positive. :D

newmedia4ron
10-25-2007, 11:29 PM
I do stuff alone. So what. Let it not be said we did nothing.