PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Post your emails to influential media-types

IDefendThePlatform
04-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Thought it might be good for people to post any emails sent to influence members of the media here so that others can read them and write their own, and so that they can be critiqued for effectiveness.

I'll start with the one I sent to Charles Krauthammer recently:

Mr. Krauthammer,

I am writing to suggest that you strongly consider including congressman Ron Paul in any future discussion of the 2012 GOP candidates. I read your recent piece, “The Racing Form, 2012” and was very disappointed that you chose to exclude him. He finished with the 4th most delegates in the 2008 primary, despite very unfavorable treatment from most of the mainstream media, including Fox News. He will almost certainly have a better opportunity at the 2012 nomination than several of the candidates that you chose to include, such as Mitch Daniels and Haley Barbour, and is currently polling ahead of Michelle Bachmann as well.

I feel you have chosen to slight Dr. Paul due to a philosophical disagreement with his positions. Having watched you on television, I consider you to be a person of character. But I believe this intentional exclusion to be dishonest and I hope you will reconsider. If I have misjudged you, then I apologize.

Thank you for your time,

I really think we can make a difference with the media's treatment of Dr. P. I remember I sent one to a city council person in college and he was the only member of the 6 person council to switch his vote at the next meeting. I wished I'd emailed the other 5.