PDA

View Full Version : Need a little grassroot help...

JuniorNJ
10-25-2007, 10:08 PM
So my parents live in NJ, a heavily democractic part of NJ...and each year the city wants to advertise their candidates, my mom was always willing to allow them to put a huge billboard (something like 4x8, maybe bigger) on our front lawn (most of our friends are involved with it, so it was no questions asked, put up what you need). We live on the corner with a huge front lawn and the amount of exposure of the sign is huge. Stealing their idea, I plan on doing the same for Ron.

The city always used one sign though, so only cars traveling in the one direction could see it. I want to construct it for both directions in sort of a L shape. My question: do I buy two 4x8 RP signs from the campaign? I would like to keep the professional look as best, not sure how well it would go over with a huge spray painted sign (with the city residents and with my parents). My next visit to them is Thanksgiving so I'd like to get it put up that weekend (NJ Primary is Feb 5 so I should be OK with the authorities even though I would fight to keep the sign up).

What ideas do you guys think I should do? The exposure would be awesome.

On a side note, the democrats were voted out of office for the first time in YEARS last year, so they seem to be open to ideas. Hopefully my sign will be big enough for them :D

constituent
10-25-2007, 10:09 PM
oh jesus kid, you didn't just say "V" did you?

JuniorNJ
10-25-2007, 10:10 PM
LMAO. I didn't notice that -- nice going, lol. How about L? :-P

constituent
10-25-2007, 10:11 PM
when you buy the signs from the campaign, it helps the campaigns coffers i believe...

so that's probably the best way to go, though i'm not sure about the shipping time
or how exactly they're to be mounted.

JuniorNJ
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Nice sheets of plywood with plenty of roofing nails or staples...that's my plan :D.

dsentell
10-25-2007, 10:12 PM
Two 4x8s would be dynamite!

me3
10-25-2007, 10:20 PM
If you are not in the NJ Meetups, see if you can contact them, and maybe some volunteers will come down and help you get the signage up in a secure and permanent fashion.

It might even impress your parents to see a few Dr. Paul supporters helping you out.

Eric21ND
10-25-2007, 10:54 PM
I would order those 4X8 ASAP because shipping takes a while. And it is also not cheap just to let you know.

McDermit
10-25-2007, 11:00 PM
Anyone know if HQ intends to add 4x8's to the official store? Or where we can get the official blue yard sign graphic to make our own?

JuniorNJ
10-26-2007, 05:32 AM
I was also wondering this. I love the blue signs because it has his name with President 08. Joe Schmo will drive past and see "Ron Paul Hope for America". Hopefully that will spark something for him to research Ron, but I like the blue signs.