PDA

View Full Version : When the tax rates were over 90% than over 70% during World War 2 and after the War did th

aid632007
04-23-2011, 04:12 AM
When the tax rates were over 90% than over 70% during World War 2 and after the War did the Wealthy/Rich really pay taxes at these rates or did they use Tax Deductions ?

juleswin
04-23-2011, 04:35 AM
For someone new to the forum, you do ask way too many questions. I suggest you hang around a bit and just observe or even better you start doing some of your own research. Theres nothing better than learning from the expert, use the many libertarian websites and if you still have questions then come back and ask

mises.org
lewrockwell.com

are a good places to start, use the website search for topics or even better go back to the 1 or 2 threads you started a few days ago asking a very similar question and see if your reworded questions have already been answered.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284257-How-come-when-tax-rates-were-over-90-or-70-how-come-the-Rich-people-did-not-become-poor

Also looking at your post history, you seem to give very short, vague and open ended replies. For example, the reply about the German thread where you said you agreed with the Germans, which of the Germans did you agree with? the 47% or the other 53%. Personally I think you are a troll but I know its against the forums rules to accuse you of being one. So keep asking your questions non troll

Jack Bauer
04-23-2011, 05:07 AM
When the tax rates were over 90% than over 70% during World War 2 and after the War did the Wealthy/Rich really pay taxes at these rates or did they use Tax Deductions ?

The 90% tax rate was for people making over $ 5 million annually. That's $ 80 million in today's dollars. It was essentially a tax on one person - John D. Rockerfeller Jr.

The % 70 tax rate after the war was on people making $ 400,000 annually. That's $ 4 million in today's dollars.

What was different though was that the number of people not paying any federal income tax (even the lowest bracket of 25%) was around 15-20%.

Today the lowest tax bracket is around 12% and around 45% of the people do not pay any federal income taxes.

MN Patriot
04-23-2011, 05:54 AM
For someone new to the forum, you do ask way too many questions. I suggest you hang around a bit and just observe or even better you start doing some of your own research. Theres nothing better than learning from the expert, use the many libertarian websites and if you still have questions then come back and ask

mises.org
lewrockwell.com

are a good places to start, use the website search for topics or even better go back to the 1 or 2 threads you started a few days ago asking a very similar question and see if your reworded questions have already been answered.
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?284257-How-come-when-tax-rates-were-over-90-or-70-how-come-the-Rich-people-did-not-become-poor

Also looking at your post history, you seem to give very short, vague and open ended replies. For example, the reply about the German thread where you said you agreed with the Germans, which of the Germans did you agree with? the 47% or the other 53%. Personally I think you are a troll but I know its against the forums rules to accuse you of being one. So keep asking your questions non troll

Maybe he is just a youngster, junior high perhaps. His run on sentences and poor sentence structure gives me a hint he is a product of the government run public school system. But at least he does use capitalization and punctuation, unlike some people.

If he is a youngster who is trying to reprogram himself from the government indoctrination, I am glad he is here asking questions like this. And it is a good question that would be worthy of some scholarly research.

It is a good idea for a person to do some independent research before asking questions. But sometimes there just aren't any answers to certain questions.

I still haven't gotten any adequate answers to what happens if the tax slaves revolt and the income tax is ended. Will our financial markets collapse because of all the government debt will become worthless because there is little chance it will be repaid? Have the American workers become tax slaves whose productive output is confiscated from them, creating an economic system dependent on exploitation, not unlike the old South that depended on chattel slavery? Google that and good luck.

eduardo89
04-23-2011, 06:51 AM
So a person making $5 million paid 90% and ended up with $0.5million, while a person making $3 million paid 70% and ended up with $0.9 million...?

Does that still happen, getting bumped into a higher tax bracket so you end up with less after-tax income than someone who made less money than you to start off with?

sam9657
04-23-2011, 08:24 AM
So a person making $5 million paid 90% and ended up with $0.5million, while a person making $3 million paid 70% and ended up with $0.9 million...?

Does that still happen, getting bumped into a higher tax bracket so you end up with less after-tax income than someone who made less money than you to start off with?

No, just like today the tax bracket rates are only applied to incremental dollars, not retro-active to the first dollar.

AlexMerced
04-23-2011, 08:36 AM
I address this and lot of other similar issues in my playlist on Right/Left wing talking points: http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=297A79C7585CC2AC