PDA

View Full Version : What does everybody think about this teen killling?

AuH20
04-22-2011, 09:24 PM
The details are horrifying. This reinforces my misanthropic world view. Sick sick!!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/seath-jackson-15-lured-house-killed-burned-girlfriend/story?id=13422887

A teen triangle and bitter Facebook feud culminated in the savage killing of a 15-year-old Florida boy who was lured to his death by his former girlfriend, law-enforcement officials said.

Even the lawyer for one of the suspects called the killing "pretty damn depraved."

Seath Jackson was hit in the head and shot, but he still tried desperately to flee the home in Summerfield where the attack occurred Sunday, police said.

He was shot again and his body was placed in a bathtub, where his knees were broken so his body would fit in a sleeping bag. He was still alive, so he was shot again, and then his body was burned in a backyard fire pit, according to arrest documents. His ashes were shoveled into paint containers.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Even the lawyer for one of the suspects called the killing "pretty damn depraved."

I'd be looking for a new lawyer.

But more to the point, this is what lurks just below the surface, and why we are all well and truly fucked when the wheels fall off this thing we call society and civilization.

Adversity males men, prosperity makes monsters, and brothers, we've got a bumper crop of them.

Let a large swath of the American public go cold, dark and hungry for a week or two and see what monsters come crawling out of the woodwork.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 09:54 PM
prosperity makes monsters

Let's reelect Obama then.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Let's reelect Obama then.

Not speaking for myself, but that's bloody likely.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Not speaking for myself, but that's bloody likely.

If prosperity makes monsters, wouldn't it be good to reelect Obama?

AuH20
04-22-2011, 10:00 PM

But more to the point, this is what lurks just below the surface, and why we are all well and truly fucked when the wheels fall off this thing we call society and civilization.

Adversity males men, prosperity makes monsters, and brothers, we've got a bumper crop of them.

Let a large swath of the American public go cold, dark and hungry for a week or two and see what monsters come crawling out of the woodwork.

It's like Lord of the Flies all across America. Supposedly, the stepfather aided and abetted in the destruction of the body. Many of these children have been rendered rudderless and ultimately incapable of feeling empathy since they were deprived of warmth as children. The father figure is dead in America, which explains how the state has gotten it's hooks into their neglected minds.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 10:03 PM
It's like Lord of the Flies all across America. Supposedly, the stepfather aided and abetted in the destruction of the body. Many of these children have been rendered rudderless and ultimately incapable of feeling empathy since they were deprived of warmth as children. The father figure is dead in America, which explains how the state has gotten it's hooks into their neglected minds.

they also have freedom of choice and chose to be monsters.

AuH20
04-22-2011, 10:06 PM

True, but don't discount the emotional bonds made during the formative years. Countless children are neglected by their so-called "parents." These bonds are extremely important in the formation of personality.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:08 PM
If prosperity makes monsters, wouldn't it be good to reelect Obama?

Probably not.

DJIA - 1 April 2009 - 7761.60

DJIA - 1 April 2011 - 12376.72

TheeJoeGlass
04-22-2011, 10:09 PM

I am so unprepared for that scenario.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:09 PM

Hmmm, maybe.

Agorism
04-22-2011, 10:10 PM
That's a Victor Hugo quote I guess? Interesting take on things.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:12 PM

Yes, and one of the only reasons that the state has been able to keep a lid on things is by massive jailing of huge swaths of the population and a small but determined group of people (us) that have demanded the right to be able to defend ourselves.

AuH20
04-22-2011, 10:12 PM
It's ironic. Usually, these sociopaths are picked up by the military before they officially "blossom." And like AF said, there's a huge, growing crop to pick from.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:13 PM
That's a Victor Hugo quote I guess? Interesting take on things.

Yes.

And yes.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Hmmm, maybe.

although i believe they do ultimately choose, let's just say it's debatable and maybe in some cases they're so fucked up that they don't. i still think the justice system should be focused on their actions, not on their psychological status of family history. after all, they're still a threat to innocent people, and insanity or psychological problems are very subjective, so many monsters will claim insanity to receive a lesser sentence.

Kylie
04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
If they are found guilty, shoot them in the face.

I don't want to be bothered with making them suffer. Make them dead.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:17 PM
although i believe they do ultimately choose, let's just say it's debatable and maybe in some cases they're so fucked up that they don't. i still think the justice system should be focused on their actions, not on their psychological status. after all, they're still a threat to innocent people, and insanity or psychological problems are very subjective, so many monsters will claim insanity to receive a lesser sentence.

Well, that's just it.

They do choose, I agree with you there.

It's just that the sociopath chooses between gunning down the store clerk or not, or in this case, shooting, clubbing and burning the victim alive, with all the same moral equivalence that you or I would assign to choosing chicken or steak at dinner.

AuH20
04-22-2011, 10:17 PM
Yes, and one of the only reasons that the state has been able to keep a lid on things is by massive jailing of huge swaths of the population and a small but determined group of people (us) that have demanded the right to be able to defend ourselves.

You bring a perplexing scenario. Say our entire fraudulent economy falls apart and in the process disturbs the maintenance of our gigantic federal prison system. Do you let those crazies go, when you can no longer care for them? Me? I'd probably shut the lights and walk away.

nate895
04-22-2011, 10:19 PM
You bring a perplexing scenario. Say our entire fraudulent economy falls apart and in the process disturbs the maintenance of our gigantic federal prison system. Do you let those crazies go, when you can no longer care for them?

The funny thing about our sick country is that the people who should be shot or in prison aren't, and the ones that shouldn't be are.

That was not an absolute statement

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:26 PM
You bring a perplexing scenario. Say our entire fraudulent economy falls apart and in the process disturbs the maintenance of our gigantic federal prison system. Do you let those crazies go, when you can no longer care for them? Me? I'd probably shut the lights and walk away.

Ever read "The Camp of the Saints"?

That was part of that novel, what would happen when the prisons were just emptied.

Frankly, I've come to believe that roughly 1/3 of the prisoners are, in fact, innocent that are in prison right now, but that doesn't mean there are not hundreds of thousands of "hard cases" who most definitely are not.

I'm at a loss as to what would happen, as there is not even a comparable scenario in the old USSR. Even they did not have as many people in prison as we do.

Honestly, I think it would just exacerbate the problem, as the prisons would be opened when everything went tits up, the guards would just go home, and the resulting chaos would play right into the hands of the emerging "strongman" that the people will quickly clamber for.

AuH20
04-22-2011, 10:28 PM
Ever read "The Camp of the Saints"?

That was part of that novel, what would happen when the prisons were just emptied.

Frankly, I've come to believe that roughly 1/3 of the prisoners are, in fact, innocent that are in prison right now, but that doesn't mean there are not hundreds of thousands of "hard cases" who most definitely are not.

I'm at a loss as to what would happen, as there is not even a comparable scenario in the old USSR. Even they did not have as many people in prison as we do.

Honestly, I think it would just exacerbate the problem, as the prisons would be opened when everything went tits up, the guards would just go home, and the resulting chaos would play right into the hands of the emerging "strongman" that the people will quickly clamber for.

Non-violent offenders. I think you could release them without worrying about a potential razing of the countryside.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 10:29 PM

I think where you're wrong is that in that state of chaos it won't be possible for a "strongman" to direct and oppress a huge country of 300 million people, millions of whom have guns and are traditionally independent as compared to people in most other countries.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:32 PM
Non-violent offenders. I think you could release them without worrying about a potential razing of the countryside.

There are plenty that are "violent" offenders, the only problem being, they never committed the "offense".

It really scary to watch some semi literate person with an IQ of about 70 or so be sweated into "confessing" something they never did..

nate895
04-22-2011, 10:36 PM
There are plenty that are "violent" offenders, the only problem being, they never committed the "offense".

It really scary to watch some semi literate person with an IQ of about 70 or so be sweated into "confessing" something they never did..

I've seen too much of this for my liking at all. It seems to me like lawyers play games with each other over people's lives. I think many DA's see the people they're prosecuting more as tools for their own self-glorification than they see them as people.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:36 PM
I think were you're wrong is that in that state of chaos it won't be possible for a "strongman" to direct and oppress a huge country of 300 million people, millions of whom have guns and are traditionally independent as compared to people in most other countries.

I wish I could have the faith in those 300 million that you do.

Being on the front lines of the Katrina aftermath and the docile, placid acceptance of everyday tyrannies by our fellow countrymen convince me otherwise.

Did you know the first "speed cameras" were erected in Texas, back in 1968.

Did you know that they lasted about six months?

Because they, each and every one, got shot to pieces on the side of the road.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I've seen too much of this for my liking at all. It seems to me like lawyers play games with each other over people's lives. I think many DA's see the people they're prosecuting more as tools for their own self-glorification than they see them as people.

Bingo, exactly.

And when roughly 10 percent of death row inmates have been found to be innocent, after going through what is supposed to be the highest level of judicial review in the country, I can only imagine what the figures are for the general population.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 10:39 PM
I wish I could have the faith in those 300 million that you do.

Being on the front lines of the Katrina aftermath and the docile, placid acceptance of everyday tyrannies by our fellow countrymen convince me otherwise.

Did you know the first "speed cameras" were erected in Texas, back in 1968.

Did you know that they lasted about six months?

Because they, each and every one, got shot to pieces on the side of the road.

You're talking about one state. I'm talking one 300 million people. As Celente says, when people lose everything and have nothing to lose, they lose it. The country will break up. Even if I don't have faith in people, it just won't be logistically possible to keep the country as a unit. It might be hell, but not hell under one strongman.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:44 PM
You're talking about one state. I'm talking one 300 million people. As Celente says, when people lose everything and have nothing to lose, they lose it. The country will break up. Even if I don't have faith in people, it just won't be logistically possible to keep the country as a unit. It might be hell, but not hell under one strongman.

I'm hoping you're right, I really am.

I've been thinking for a while now that the road we're on is very very similar to the one the USSR was on twenty years ago.

And that the nation will more than likely break up given a complete collapse scenario, that it won't go into the hard case dictator mode, although I fail to see what's really different right now, when the president can just start bombing a country because he wants to.

Indy Vidual
04-22-2011, 10:44 PM

Bad times bring out the best in some people, and you have the option of focusing on the bright side. :)

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 10:46 PM
I'm hoping you're right, I really am.

I've been thinking for a while now that the road we're on is very very similar to the one the USSR was on twenty years ago.

And that the nation will more than likely break up given a complete collapse scenario, that it won't go into the hard case dictator mode, although I fail to see what's really different right now, when the president can just start bombing a country because he wants to.

if the collapse triggers foreigners to dump the dollar and bring about hyperinflation the country will definitely break up. i don't know what other type of collapse is possible.

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:49 PM
if the collapse triggers foreigners to dump the dollar and bring about hyperinflation the country will definitely break up. i don't know what other type of collapse is possible.

If we can't bring ourselves to fight back enough to blast the roadside speed cameras like our dads did, then I can envision government trying their best to keep a lid on the entire country and trying to keep the tax herd in line.

They are already thinking of ways to block the exits.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 10:51 PM
If we can't bring ourselves to fight back enough to blast the roadside speed cameras like our dads did, then I can envision government trying their best to keep a lid on the entire country and trying to keep the tax herd in line.

you think they will be able to do that while people are going to the stores with wheelbarrows of money to buy food, including the soldiers and the police? how do you coordinate an operation to keep order in a country of 300 million people when you can't pay them, which is what happens when the money becomes worthless?

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 10:55 PM
you think they will be able to do that while people are going to the stores with wheelbarrows of money to buy food, including the soldiers and the police? how do you coordinate an operation to keep order in a country of 300 million people when you can't pay them, which is what happens when the money becomes worthless?

By providing what money wont buy, food, fuel, warmth, clothing, shelter.

Rest assured, the system will confiscate those resources for itself, long after they have run out for us mere mundanes.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 10:59 PM
By providing what money wont buy, food, fuel, warmth, clothing, shelter.

Rest assured, the system will confiscate those resources for itself, long after they have run out for us mere mundanes.

clothes and food or whatever will be gone quickly. without money the coordination required for the production and transportation of goods is extremely more difficult, especially in an economy with such a high degree of division of labor. no hyperinflation ever occurred in this type of country. even in germany at that time lots of people lived in self-sufficient farms. it will be unprecedented.

i think they won't pull it off. even if they do, not for long. we'll see.

iGGz
04-22-2011, 11:01 PM
How many people are in prison?
In June 2007, there were 2,299,116 people incarcerated in federal and state prisons or local jails. The nation's prison population grew by 1.8 percent over the previous year.

http://www.govspot.com/know/prisons.htm

Is there a website to find out what it is now? I can only find numbers for 2007.

I guess around 2.5 if the 1.8% is fairly consistent?

Anti Federalist
04-22-2011, 11:18 PM
we'll see.

Of that there is no doubt.

pauladin
04-23-2011, 01:17 AM
here's a twisted story from about three years back in australia:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/queensland/decapitated-teens-head-used-as-bowling-ball/2008/07/16/1216162933799.html

Anti Federalist
04-23-2011, 01:38 AM
On the nature of collapse of the USA:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/barnett/barnett32.1.html

http://www.lewrockwell.com/gregory/gregory211.html

TNforPaul45
04-23-2011, 08:30 AM
(King of Rohan voice) Let them come!

moostraks
04-23-2011, 08:52 AM

Gotta call foul on the knee jerk response that these monsters were deprived of warmth as a child. More likely the parents raised narcissistic brats. The fact that the father aided and abetted them inclines he was supportive of their behavior. Our society is brimming over with narcissistic monsters who feel entitled to do as they please without repercussions. The very culture of our society has promoted these traits.

"What's fueling the rise in narcissism?
The four causes that we identify in the book are parenting, celebrity culture, media and the Internet, and easy credit. For example, with parenting, in an attempt to raise kids with self-esteem, many parents will tell their kid they're the best ever and they'll treat them like royalty, placing the child at the center of the household. In a limited way, that's fine, but it's often taken too far. When you put a kid on a pedestal, that type of parenting, it's been shown, leads to narcissism.

With celebrities, you watch the Real Housewives of New York City [or] My Super Sweet 16, and the narcissistic traits are just obvious in every episode. Reality TV shows in general are highly narcissistic, and [reality TV stars] are the most narcissistic of all celebrities, in the study that Dr. Drew Pinsky did. What concerns me about that is that those are the shows that are really popular among young people. They're supposed to show real life; they're not supposed to be scripted or fictionalized. What they really are is a showcase for narcissistic people and behavior that makes narcissism seem normal.

What about the Internet and easy credit?
MySpace and Facebook often encourage people to highlight only narcissistic parts of their personality. People rarely talk about how much they like reading War and Peace on MySpace. Instead, it's that picture that makes me look hot, it's that cool party I went to, it's the cool friends that I have, it's here's my cool music. With young teens, I wonder if that will shape their identities so that in real life they'll start emphasizing those parts of their personalities more.

Finally, easy credit allows people to look better off than they actually are. It fuels their sense of entitlement because they can get something without having to pay for it [immediately]. We're now seeing the consequences of that because, guess what, you do have to pay for it."

http://health.usnews.com/health-news/family-health/brain-and-behavior/articles/2009/04/21/narcissism-epidemic-why-there-are-so-many-narcissists-now?PageNr=2

Parents were told to kiss juniors butt because we were destroying their self esteem and they neglected to reinforce responsibility and empathy. The current crop of children in large part were raised up in that fad. This is backlash for having turned our children into idols. By playing the neglected child harp for these monsters you only validate their suspected right and entitlement to behave like animals...

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 01:22 PM
Seath Jackson is the slain kid.
Amber Wright is the ex girlfriend.

http://oddculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/seath-jackson-amber-wright-facebook.jpg

MelissaWV
04-24-2011, 01:24 PM
I can't read half of those posts.

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 01:34 PM

lol. put on ya rapper hat, yo.

yuu=you
bc=because
tlking=talking
hert=hurt
no=know
hereing=hearing
throughing=throwing

Philhelm
04-24-2011, 01:43 PM

No kidding. I think the biggest crime here is that these people are practically illiterate.

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 02:12 PM
No kidding. I think the biggest crime here is that these people are practically illiterate.

she actually had a pretty good zinger in that last post about the definition of "done".

Anti Federalist
04-24-2011, 02:12 PM
That made my IQ drop a few points.

Seath Jackson is the slain kid.
Amber Wright is the ex girlfriend.

http://oddculture.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/seath-jackson-amber-wright-facebook.jpg

MelissaWV
04-24-2011, 02:14 PM
she actually had a pretty good zinger in that last post about the definition of "done".

Learn the definition on DONE.

Yes. Zing.

AuH20
04-24-2011, 02:53 PM
That made my IQ drop a few points.

Let's give the Department of Education more funds. That's the answer. :D

acptulsa
04-24-2011, 02:54 PM
It mostly makes me glad my teenage years are far behind me.

Pericles
04-24-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm with moostraks on this one - narcissism. And AuH2O, I'd suggest to you that sociopaths don't do well in the military. Sociopaths tend to have difficulty with the idea of following orders from another person in a position of authority, and the military is big on that.

Kregisen
04-24-2011, 06:03 PM
The thing that jumps out at me the most in this story is the sheer stupidity of the killers.

1. If you DID decide to kill someone, why the hell would you TEXT the victim to come over? Do you honestly think the parents/police will NOT check their son's last texts he received when he DIES? It's impossible NOT to get caught when you do that.....

2. Not much else to say....not sure why a 15 year old and an 18 year old were fighting over such an ugly girl anyway, or why the 18 year old wanted to fight a 15 year old, or anything.

Basically nothing in this story makes sense. I hope that one parent gets atleast life without parole.

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 06:48 PM
The thing that jumps out at me the most in this story is the sheer stupidity of the killers.

1. If you DID decide to kill someone, why the hell would you TEXT the victim to come over? Do you honestly think the parents/police will NOT check their son's last texts he received when he DIES? It's impossible NOT to get caught when you do that.....

meth?

Basically nothing in this story makes sense. I hope that one parent gets atleast life without parole.

I hope the actual killers get life without parole. Each individual is responsible, not their parents.

Kregisen
04-24-2011, 07:35 PM
meth?

I hope the actual killers get life without parole. Each individual is responsible, not their parents.

No the parent was definitely also responsible....helping dispose of the body and knowing of the plot the entire time without trying to stop it is definitely a crime.

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 07:37 PM
No the parent was definitely also responsible....helping dispose of the body and knowing of the plot the entire time without trying to stop it is definitely a crime.

Sure, that parent is responsible, but you said at least one parent. Didn't that mean you want other parents to also be punished?

Kregisen
04-24-2011, 07:47 PM
Sure, that parent is responsible, but you said at least one parent. Didn't that mean you want other parents to also be punished?

Nope. Read it again.

I hope that one parent gets atleast life without parole.

Do you guys think there's a fair chance that 18 year old who masterminded it and shot the kid will get death penalty??

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 07:48 PM
Nope. Read it again.

Thanks. My brain played a trick on me and put the at least before one parent.

low preference guy
04-24-2011, 07:51 PM
Do you guys think there's a fair chance that 18 year old who masterminded it and shot the kid will get death penalty??

I do. I'd give him life in prison because I'm against the death penalty, but I think he'll get it. He started the fucking fire even BEFORE the victim arrived.

I have sort of a hypothetical question. Would the girl receive the death penalty had she been 18?

BlackTerrel
04-24-2011, 09:04 PM

2. Not much else to say....not sure why a 15 year old and an 18 year old were fighting over such an ugly girl anyway, or why the 18 year old wanted to fight a 15 year old, or anything.

Having been around some really dumb people and some really dumb criminals in my day: This is NOT surprising.

Most murderers/criminals/rapists are really really dumb. We have this idea of CSI or Ocean's 11 because of TV/Cinema. That's not how it works. Most of them are idiots.

Pericles
04-24-2011, 11:47 PM
Having been around some really dumb people and some really dumb criminals in my day: This is NOT surprising.

Most murderers/criminals/rapists are really really dumb. We have this idea of CSI or Ocean's 11 because of TV/Cinema. That's not how it works. Most of them are idiots.

That ^

MelissaWV
04-25-2011, 04:41 AM
Bump because if this thread has so many posts, and people are interested in this case, and BT has posted in this thread, the victim and killers must be of different races, right? :p