PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: Obama's Constitutional Eligibility To Be President Is Irrelevant...

qh4dotcom
04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Porel0FMEHU

"but if it's true it should be pursued. We should know the truth and we should follow the rule, we should follow the law, we should follow what the Constitution says about who is qualified to be President. So I am very open minded about looking at all of that"
- Ron Paul
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoQ3kO9xzcs#t=1m30s

ctb619
04-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Some of the comments are pretty comical.

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 02:06 PM
Irrelevant? Have to watch that....

ok, he spoke carelessly. He was saying that as a practical matter no one is going to do anything about it so it isn't a fruitful thing to chase right now.

I don't know what to say. I think he's right. I don't think the issue is going anywhere as a political matter and hanging it around Ron's neck when it isn't going somewhere will just hurt him without helping anyone.

Sigh... I know people should have been handled better and given an answer on day one. By now, though, the Supreme Court is the only one who can do anything about it, regardless of what the facts may be.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Irrelevant? Have to watch that....

He said the argument is irrelevant.

steph3n
04-22-2011, 02:09 PM
I hate single issue voters and people. They are the worst of the worst. Abortion, gay marriage, birth certificate. Well maybe they aren't single issue maybe most of them are only these 3 issues lumped together.

teacherone
04-22-2011, 02:11 PM
seriously?

jesus...

qh4dotcom
04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
He said the argument is irrelevant.
If the argument is irrelevant, Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution is irrelevant...

AZKing
04-22-2011, 03:46 PM
The argument is BEYOND irrelevant.

Let's assume he isn't an American. Do you really think that the TPTB couldn't produce a REALLY good fake if they wanted to keep O in office?

What would be the point of putting a non-American in office? Absolutely nothing. A presumed American born citizen would be doing the SAME things as Obama did. Bush was born in the US, Clinton was born in the US, Reagan was born in the US; they all did the same things.

I, for one, am glad that Ron doesn't pay attention to this BS.

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 03:46 PM
If the argument is irrelevant, Article 2 Section 1 of the Constitution is irrelevant...

I'm pretty sure he meant it didn't matter what he thought because he wasn't in a position to do anything about it, only the Supreme Court is. He doesn't happen to think there is anything to it, though.

eOs
04-22-2011, 03:50 PM
I thought Alan Keyes did a good job at responding about the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3xTBTaaCYU

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Obama and his crew smiles every time the birther issue is brought up.

specsaregood
04-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Jason lewis did a great show on the subject yesterday. Put it to rest in my mind.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Jason lewis did a great show on the subject yesterday. Put it to rest in my mind.

What was his main point?

specsaregood
04-22-2011, 04:01 PM
What was his main point?
That is being used as a distraction.

He addressed all of the points I have heard. He had lots of birthers calling in and he was addressing every issue.
Note: he was of the mind that this is all a big scam by the lefty trump as well.

He talks about it for the full first 2 hours.
Hour 1:
http://www.ktlkfm.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=jasonlewis2&selected_podcast=LEWIS042111_1st%2520Hr%2520Birthe r%2520Bonanza.mp3
Jason got a lot of angry email yesterday when he cut off the birther conversation. So we open up the show with the conversation of Trump, Obama and the birther madness.

Hour 2:
http://www.ktlkfm.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=jasonlewis2&selected_podcast=LEWIS042111_2nd%2520Hr%2520More%2 520Birthers.mp3
Jason takes more calls on the topic of President Obama and his birth certificate. Not an ideal topic, but couldn’t be avoided any longer.

Hour3:
http://www.ktlkfm.com/cc-common/podcast/single_page.html?podcast=jasonlewis2&selected_podcast=LEWIS042111_3rd%2520Hr%2520Medici nal%2520Marijuana.mp3
Jason talks about one of his favorite topics, the drug war. Former MN politician Steve Sviggum joins us to talk about medicinal marijuana and a bill he introduced when he was in office.

speciallyblend
04-22-2011, 04:18 PM
what he is saying is relevant would of been day one as he was sworn in! He is saying move along to issues that can be addressed now like foreign policy, economics! We got bigger problems and yes the gop leadership sucks ass but this issue is like beating a dead horse ,since the gop leadership is the problem not obama!!

tangent4ronpaul
04-22-2011, 04:22 PM
misleading title

Romulus
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
misleading title

agreed... RP meant that argument at this time is...

its a huge distraction.

HarryBrowneLives
04-22-2011, 05:13 PM

He said it was an "irrelevent" argument because some of you guys act like some investigator is going to find a dried goat skin in Kenya inscribed in human blood that will serve as the Holy Grail on the Birther issue. Even if the "smoking gun" were found do you think he's just going to immediately resign??? You think we would really have the votes in Congress to impeach the guy. Hell no! Ain't gonna happen. That said, the Truth is important, but with the circumstances in mind, this is taking up MUCH to valuable time on other things that do affect our lives and our wealth right now. There's the little thing of a $14 Trillion dollar debt, $80 Trillion in unfunded liabilities, three undeclared war costing trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, the currency is crumbling, and THIS is the seminal issue of our times? Geees.

Unfortunately, the "Donald's" of the world are smart enough to know how dumb a lot of people on the couches of America really are.

silentshout
04-22-2011, 05:33 PM
So glad that Ron isn't on board with the birther train.

TheeJoeGlass
04-22-2011, 05:49 PM

Let's assume he isn't an American. Do you really think that the TPTB couldn't produce a REALLY good fake if they wanted to keep O in office?

What would be the point of putting a non-American in office? Absolutely nothing. A presumed American born citizen would be doing the SAME things as Obama did. Bush was born in the US, Clinton was born in the US, Reagan was born in the US; they all did the same things.

True, I find whenever the left starts "reporting" on these issues, its just to showcase the looney fringe.

MikeStanart
04-22-2011, 05:57 PM

This. I've been saying this for months. The certificate issue is a distraction from the main issues; spending time thinking about it only opens up the possibility that TPTB will procure a fake certificate and make all the truthers look "foolish" in the public scene. It's a futile discussion.

qh4dotcom
04-22-2011, 07:04 PM
He said it was an "irrelevent" argument because some of you guys act like some investigator is going to find a dried goat skin in Kenya inscribed in human blood that will serve as the Holy Grail on the Birther issue. Even if the "smoking gun" were found do you think he's just going to immediately resign??? You think we would really have the votes in Congress to impeach the guy. Hell no! Ain't gonna happen. That said, the Truth is important, but with the circumstances in mind, this is taking up MUCH to valuable time on other things that do affect our lives and our wealth right now. There's the little thing of a $14 Trillion dollar debt, $80 Trillion in unfunded liabilities, three undeclared war costing trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, the currency is crumbling, and THIS is the seminal issue of our times? Geees.

Unfortunately, the "Donald's" of the world are smart enough to know how dumb a lot of people on the couches of America really are.

http://www.wnd.com/?pageId=284621

Radio giant Rush Limbaugh came under fire today from a caller to his top-rated program accusing the host of avoiding the issue of Barack Obama's eligibility to be president.

"The fact of the matter is that his citizenship has been a suspicious issue from the very beginning," said Angela from Arnold, Mo., "and not one high Republican or you has ever really tried to nail him on this issue, and if it does turn out that he is not a true citizen, then I think all of you should hang your heads in shame because of all the destruction our country has had to suffer ever since he was elected, in spite of being the fraud that we know he probably really is."

Limbaugh asked incredulously, "So you're mad at me?"

"I am furious," Angela responded. "I wanted you and anybody else to go after him on this issue before he was elected. It would have been the easiest way to have stopped him. It would have been a no-brainer. But nobody would. And so he was elected and everything was just hidden under the rug. And now look what we have had ever since. ... If it does turn out that he's not a citizen, I think you should hang your head in shame, because our country has suffered so much."

dbill27
04-22-2011, 09:37 PM
^issue officially over. Told you Ron wasn't a birther

qh4dotcom
04-23-2011, 08:43 AM
^issue officially over. Told you Ron wasn't a birther
"But if it's true, It should be pursued. We should know the truth and we should follow the rule, we should follow the law, we should follow what the Constitution says about who is qualified to be President.. So, I am very open-minded about looking at all of that"
- Ron Paul

sailingaway
04-23-2011, 09:25 AM
"But if it's true, It should be pursued. We should know the truth and we should follow the rule, we should follow the law, we should follow what the Constitution says about who is qualified to be President.. So, I am very open-minded about looking at all of that"
- Ron Paul

But that was before the delegates made him President and he was sworn in and acted as President for 2 years, and before the Hawaii clerk said records there indicate Obama was born there, in a sworn affidavit. If they COULDN'T find the certificate they would make a lost records accomodation for it, at this point. And demanding Ron respond to it right now is politically destructive of Ron, when it is something only the SCOTUS can address -- and Ron most assuredly was born in Pennsylvania, so lets focus on that....

But I agree with the writer about Rush. Those types SHOULD have vetted it so it was over with, BEFORE Obama was sworn in.

TheeJoeGlass
04-23-2011, 09:32 AM
The people that actually believe this birther crap are the same people that fall for every political witch hunt. This is Donald Trumps cancer now, he is leading the charge of the birthers, and when the time comes, they will simply produce a birth certificate making everyone who doubted that, look silly. Or, they will never produce one, making all that supported the claim, look silly. Eitherway, birthers look silly.

qh4dotcom
04-23-2011, 06:22 PM
The people that actually believe this birther crap are the same people that fall for every political witch hunt. This is Donald Trumps cancer now, he is leading the charge of the birthers, and when the time comes, they will simply produce a birth certificate making everyone who doubted that, look silly. Or, they will never produce one, making all that supported the claim, look silly. Eitherway, birthers look silly.

Obama will look sillier as he will have a lot of explaining to do as to why it took him 4 years to release it and why he allowed the issue to get out of hand.