PDA

View Full Version : ARG New Hampshire Primary poll

Agorism
04-22-2011, 02:00 PM
http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/primary/rep/nh/

PRESIDENT – NEW HAMPSHIRE – GOP PRIMARY (ARG)
Mitt Romney 32%
Donald Trump 17%
Newt Gingrich 8%
Rudy Giuliani 8%
Mike Huckabee 8%
Ron Paul 8%
Sarah Palin 2%
Herman Cain 2%
Rand Paul 2%
Tim Pawlenty 2%
Gary Johnson 1%
Michele Bachmann 1%
Mitch Daniels 1%
Haley Barbour 0%
Jon Huntsman 0%
Buddy Roemer 0%
Rick Santorum 0%
George Pataki 0%

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 02:02 PM
Thanks.

It is putrid that Rudy gets as much as Ron. What are they thinking? Still, Ron is tied for third. I'll take it.

And gary has 1%. I wonder if he has enough of them to be in the debate. (Wonder if Ron would have been in third all by himself if Gary weren't on....:p)

Did you post this in polls under the Ron 2012 section?

Agorism
04-22-2011, 02:07 PM
And Rand has 2% as well. Ron is probably close to 10% then. :)

Lucille
04-22-2011, 02:16 PM
The Free State Project has some work to do. We're thinking about making that move, but those top 3 don't exactly inspire me.

muzzled dogg
04-22-2011, 02:19 PM
The Free State Project has some work to do. We're thinking about making that move, but those top 3 don't exactly inspire me.

but u like #4? (and #5 for that matter?)

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 02:20 PM

Ron is ONE of the top three. Tied for it, anyhow.

Rand gets as much as Sarah Palin in New Hampshire.

WilliamShrugged
04-22-2011, 02:28 PM

Same here. I plan on moving there in a couple of months, but this poll doesn't give me a warm hearted welcome.

Lucille
04-22-2011, 02:34 PM
but u like #4? (and #5 for that matter?)

I originally said 5 because of the way they're listed, but changed it to 3 but I should have gone with 2, since RP's tied for 3rd with Newt, 91ul1ani and Nanny Huckabee at 8 frickin' percent, which doesn't inspire me either.

In short, I don't like any of those clowns listed save the two RPs and Johnson.

I mean, 32% for Mandate Mitt Romneycare?! YHGTBFKM.

Liberty_Mike
04-22-2011, 02:35 PM
I wonder what the poll would look like without Rand or Gary Johnson.. haha

Lucille
04-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Same here. I plan on moving there in a couple of months, but this poll doesn't give me a warm hearted welcome.

Mind my asking what part? It does look like free staters need to step it up and get moving out there PDQ!

ds21089
04-22-2011, 02:54 PM
Mind my asking what part? It does look like free staters need to step it up and get moving out there PDQ!

From what is listed on their site, they don't support any candidate. So they'll scream in the streets LIBERTY LIBERTY, yet not inform people whom the most liberty-minded candidate is. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's what listed on their site. That's why from the get-go I thought FSP wouldnt even benefit us that much. Anyone have any articles or videos of FSP actually endorsing Ron?

rich34
04-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Thanks.

And gary has 1%. I wonder if he has enough of them to be in the debate. (Wonder if Ron would have been in third all by himself if Gary weren't on....:p)

Don't say this to loud, BamafannKentucky might come in and cry a little bit. And then tell us how Ron is not electable without providing an alternative.

speciallyblend
04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
this deserves an obama/bush 2012 bring our troops home suckers!! what are republicans thinking in NH, makes me shake my head!!

specsaregood
04-22-2011, 04:12 PM
this deserves an obama/bush 2012 bring our troops home suckers!! what are republicans thinking in NH, makes me shake my head!!

IIRC, last primary NH election republicans that said being anti-war was their #1 issue voted for mccain.

Tinnuhana
04-22-2011, 05:12 PM
Plenty of FSPs are politically active, but not through that organization. For example: NH Liberty Alliance. Keeping FSP itself apolitical has its advantages, in my somewhat uninformed opinion.

Nathan Hale
04-22-2011, 05:25 PM
Don't get your panties in a twist, everybody. The polls are meaningless until the primary field is established. I wouldn't count on an accurate poll until after the first debate.

Keith and stuff
04-22-2011, 06:49 PM

I do not understand what this has to do with the FSP but it would be great if you move to NH. You are only thinking about it? What is holding you back? BTW, if you like Ron Paul and want him to do better in NH, you could help with that. It would be easier for you to help if you lived in NH.

Here are a couple links that may help you:
http://whynewhampshire.org/
http://freestateproject.org//101Reasons

Keith and stuff
04-22-2011, 06:50 PM

Keith and stuff
04-22-2011, 06:58 PM
From what is listed on their site, they don't support any candidate. So they'll scream in the streets LIBERTY LIBERTY, yet not inform people whom the most liberty-minded candidate is. Perhaps I'm wrong, but that's what listed on their site. That's why from the get-go I thought FSP wouldnt even benefit us that much. Anyone have any articles or videos of FSP actually endorsing Ron?

The FSP doesn't do activism at all unless it is to encourage liberty lovers to sign up and move to NH. The FSP would never endorse anyone or get involved in politics or anything like that. That kind of stuff isn't related to the FSP at all.

The FSP is a bus that encourages liberty lovers to sign up and move to NH.

What you do once you move to NH is up to you. Sure, you can work for Ron Paul, help run Rand Paul's campaign or help run Gary Johnson's campaign if one of those campaigns will pay you. Of course, FSPers have done all of those things. However, the FSP has never done anything like that as it is a bus.

As you may know, all people that move to NH as part of the FSP are not political activists. Additionally, as is typical in NH, the political focus tends to be on state politics first as that is by far the most useful form of political activism (FSPers helped elect around 200 state reps include 14 of them that were FSPers and several state senators). Local politics comes next. Finally, national politics. Again, some folks do work for Ron, Rand and Gary but most people aren't focused on it because of the minor importance involved in it.

If you disagree with that, I highly encourage you to move to NH and get involved with the national campaign for your choice. If you are a really good activist, people will likely follow your lead.

Carehn
04-22-2011, 07:12 PM

Yep. I would really like to see that movement explode! When they get to 20,000. Im gone. It may be the best chance any of us have to make that impact.

Lucille
04-22-2011, 07:36 PM
I do not understand what this has to do with the FSP but it would be great if you move to NH. You are only thinking about it? What is holding you back? BTW, if you like Ron Paul and want him to do better in NH, you could help with that. It would be easier for you to help if you lived in NH.

Here are a couple links that may help you:
http://whynewhampshire.org/
http://freestateproject.org//101Reasons

Thanks. I had just responded on a FSP thread on the NH sub-forum about the FSP, so I guess it was on my mind. DH and I are seriously considering it, but I doubt it would be soon enough to help RP get elected. We own a business but want to shrug to somewhere. I told him about the FSP and he was open to it. More open to that than Chile!

Lucille
04-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Yep. I would really like to see that movement explode! When they get to 20,000. Im gone. It may be the best chance any of us have to make that impact.

I know! They're (we're?) trickling in too slow! Thousands upon thousands need to just inundate the place all at once, and just keep coming.

Carehn
04-22-2011, 07:42 PM
I know! They're (we're?) trickling in too slow! Thousands upon thousands need to just inundate the place all at once, and just keep coming.

It needs to be in time to vote in the primary. I am willing to bet all 20000 will vote for old Paul.

WilliamShrugged
04-22-2011, 07:52 PM

I still haven't decided between Keene, Nashua, or Manchester. Keene has a lot of potential, but Manchester and Nashua give me the best chance for work.

Keith and stuff
04-22-2011, 09:07 PM
I still haven't decided between Keene, Nashua, or Manchester. Keene has a lot of potential, but Manchester and Nashua give me the best chance for work.

Yeah, the potential jobs open to you in Salem, NH or Nashua, NH are at least 10 times more, if not much, much more than in the Keene area. Heck, they are much better locations than even Manchester or Portsmouth when it comes to the number of job openings.

Many people recommend moving in with someone else in NH to start or just starting out near Manchester. That seems to be the best place to start for most people. Finding a job near Nashua, Salem or Manchester is very easy. NH has the 4th lowest unemployment in the US, the 4th highest pay in the US and had the 2nd fastest growing economy in the East last year. Though, it may take you a while to find a job you want :)

Here are some job sources:
http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?board=30.0 and check out some of the stickied threads, some really good info there

FSP-Rebel
04-22-2011, 09:08 PM

You'd love Manchester, Nash is kinda mass like but still ok. Check out why NH is such a great state to live in and why anywhere is NH is so attractive to liberty folk. The state is framed so u'd see it unlikely than any other state. It's been only getting better throughout the years...

libertybrewcity
04-22-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm lovin how Palin only gets 2%. See how quickly things change? Romney could drop like a fly in a few months too.

ForLibertyFight
04-22-2011, 10:03 PM
IIRC, last primary NH election republicans that said being anti-war was their #1 issue voted for mccain.

sad.

nate895
04-22-2011, 10:24 PM
Don't get your panties in a twist, everybody. The polls are meaningless until the primary field is established. I wouldn't count on an accurate poll until after the first debate.

Yeah, the pre-debate polls in '08 were way different than the ones post-debate. And the debate ones were way different than the post-NH/SC ones. It doesn't have to be that way, but it winds up happening a lot.

Michael Landon
04-22-2011, 10:27 PM
Just think how far we've come since '07, he would had 1% if we were lucky. You take Rand's 2%, Johnson's 1% and add that to Ron and he's alone in 3rd place with 11%. Plus, we've all seen the polls where Ron's percentage skyrockets if Trump isn't an option, you take Trumps' 17% and divide that up amongst the rest and I guarantee Ron is a close 2nd to Mitt. Just because Ron isn't winning this polls doesn't mean he isn't going to end up winning in the end.

- ML

Nathan Hale
04-23-2011, 07:56 PM
Yeah, the pre-debate polls in '08 were way different than the ones post-debate. And the debate ones were way different than the post-NH/SC ones. It doesn't have to be that way, but it winds up happening a lot.

To say nothing of the fact that the field isn't even fully formed yet. Let's not give these polls the undue consideration that we're already giving them.