PDA

View Full Version : Sen. McCain in Libya, calls rebels his heroes

tsai3904
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42715776/ns/world_news-mideast/n_africa/

Sen. John McCain called for the world to provide greater support to Libya's rebels amid fears of a military stalemate with Moammar Gadhafi's forces, after the Arizona Republican arrived in the opposition stronghold of Benghazi Friday.

"They are my heroes," McCain said of the rebels as he walked out of a local hotel in Benghazi. He was traveling in an armored Mercedes jeep and had a security detail.

And he called for increased military support for the rebels, including providing weapons and training as well as giving close air support on the battlefield.

McCain said nations needed to provide the council with "every appropriate means of assistance," including "command and control support, battlefield intelligence, training and weapons."

When Obama acted with limited congressional consultation, McCain defended the president, saying he couldn't wait for Congress to take even a few days to debate the use of force.

If he had, "there would have been nothing left to save in Benghazi," the rebels' de-facto capital.

ExPatPaki
04-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Al Qaeda fighters are now heroes? McCain must hate freedom.

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 10:09 AM
I think McCain should stay there and bask in the atmosphere of heroes.

mczerone
04-22-2011, 10:17 AM
If Gadhafi was still an establishment friend they'd be terrorists.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
04-22-2011, 10:47 AM
McCain is such a clown. Too bad there's no one there to ask him a question or two about the rebels.

sirgonzo420
04-22-2011, 10:49 AM
I think McCain should stay there and bask in the atmosphere of heroes.

haha!

Hear, hear!

jackers
04-22-2011, 10:51 AM
Kill, kill, kill, kill. It's all he's good for.

Brett85
04-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Who can we find to run against McCain next time around?

TheDriver
04-22-2011, 11:12 AM
I bet money McCain was packing heat. That crazy warhawk probably wanted to go over there and shoot a few hostiles himself.

Mini-Me
04-22-2011, 07:44 PM
I bet money McCain was packing heat. That crazy warhawk probably wanted to go over there and shoot a few hostiles himself.

According to recent studies by the Society for the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles, the John McCain is a particularly strange species that must bathe its lizard face in the blood of human children for sustenance.

Carehn
04-22-2011, 07:46 PM
Its times like this im actually glad obama won. Now im off to rinse the vomit out of my mouth.

Mini-Me
04-22-2011, 08:01 PM
Its times like this im actually glad obama won. Now im off to rinse the vomit out of my mouth.

Even aside from McCain's exceptional bloodlust, I am always thankful that Obama won. He HAD to win, because he had to demonstrate his fraudulence to the world. In the early 2000's, George W. Bush showed his fraudulence, and I jumped ship. In 2006, I was celebrating the Democrats' victory in Congress, because I actually believed they wanted to end the wars and police state. (Even then, I got an awful feeling the moment I looked into Pelosi and Reid.) My eyes were opened the moment they pulled the, "Well, we'll wait for a Democratic President" charade. Although many continued to believe in the Democrats - and many still continue to this day - I have no doubt that Obama's abject failure has made a very real and lasting impression on some number of people...just like Bush's monumental failure made the same lasting impression on so many of us. Someday, many of those people will find their way through the darkness and become our allies...and it is by this gradual disillusionment with the establishment, that we will someday win our freedom.

Romulus
04-22-2011, 09:18 PM
plus rep for the use of fraudulence.

anaconda
04-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Is McCain or Lieberman the most nauseating U.S. Senator?

Brian4Liberty
04-22-2011, 09:38 PM
So the reason for getting involved in Libya was to prevent destruction and bloodshed. Misrata is now a devastated, war-torn ruin. Mission accomplished.

KramerDSP
04-22-2011, 09:49 PM
John McCain supports a group of rebels that were the most prominent foreign fighters fighting against Americans in Iraq, which prompted the Surge strategy that John McCain supported.

Alrighty, then.

ds21089
04-22-2011, 09:55 PM
I think the word "war" makes McCain hard.

cindy25
04-22-2011, 10:14 PM
Is McCain or Lieberman the most nauseating U.S. Senator?

you forgot about chuck Schumer and Lindsey Graham and Patrick Leahy?

Theocrat
04-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Yes, McCain is a twisted individual. He supported us attacking Al-Qaeda in the Iraq War, but now he supports the Libyan rebels who have ties to Al-Qaeda:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meZSJu-yYaU

Al-Qaeda just wants the U.S. to be drained of its military and economic resources, which is the exact reason why they "endorsed" McCain's Presidential campaign (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/uselection2008/johnmccain/3238578/John-McCain-endorsed-by-al-Qaeda-supporters.html) back in 2008. Libya is their new stage.

Carehn
04-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Even aside from McCain's exceptional bloodlust, I am always thankful that Obama won. He HAD to win, because he had to demonstrate his fraudulence to the world. In the early 2000's, George W. Bush showed his fraudulence, and I jumped ship. In 2006, I was celebrating the Democrats' victory in Congress, because I actually believed they wanted to end the wars and police state. (Even then, I got an awful feeling the moment I looked into Pelosi and Reid.) My eyes were opened the moment they pulled the, "Well, we'll wait for a Democratic President" charade. Although many continued to believe in the Democrats - and many still continue to this day - I have no doubt that Obama's abject failure has made a very real and lasting impression on some number of people...just like Bush's monumental failure made the same lasting impression on so many of us. Someday, many of those people will find their way through the darkness and become our allies...and it is by this gradual disillusionment with the establishment, that we will someday win our freedom.

Cool man. I think your right. Portions at a time i guess.

Vessol
04-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Why is the news suddenly becoming indistinguishable from an Onion article!? WHY!?

Mini-Me
04-23-2011, 01:57 AM
Why is the news suddenly becoming indistinguishable from an Onion article!? WHY!?

The surreal disconnect between government behavior and its purported "legitimacy" keeps us in a constant state of agitated confusion until we grow to accept it as normal. The sheer audacity of the lies cause normal (honest) people to doubt themselves and wonder if they're the crazy ones ("I must be missing something!"), and we're fed mountains of rationalization to resolve the cognitive dissonance in our minds and convince us to love Big Brother. Not only do people now have trouble differentiating truth from fiction; we have trouble differentiating normal human behavior from psychopathic behavior that has become gradually normalized (in this case by institutionalization). Sociopathic narcissists engage in "crazymaking" all the time in their personal relationships. The government just does it to us on a broader scale. War is peace. Ignorance is strength. Slavery is freedom.

eduardo89
04-23-2011, 03:33 AM
How much did this trip cost taxpayers?

Diurdi
04-23-2011, 04:57 AM
How much did this trip cost taxpayers? He used government transportation and security, so it's free!

rprprs
04-23-2011, 05:32 AM

^^^ Good post. Unfortunately, I'm not so optimistic, but I sure hope you're right.