PDA

View Full Version : South Carolina and Nevada Grassroots

me3
10-25-2007, 09:24 PM
There has been a lot of focus on NH and IA. Are there any larger campaigns forming up for these two early states?

Direct Mail
Print Advertising
TV Advertising
Radio Advertising
Email

etc?

I'd be curious to know if things are happening and how we can help.

georgia_tech_swagger
10-25-2007, 09:36 PM
There has been a lot of focus on NH and IA. Are there any larger campaigns forming up for these two early states?

Direct Mail
Print Advertising
TV Advertising
Radio Advertising
Email

etc?

I'd be curious to know if things are happening and how we can help.

Radio ... Limited Direct Mail ... all through the 3 official SC campaign offices. Grassroots is decently strong here in SC, but hasn't done advertising (aside from banners).

terlinguatx
10-25-2007, 09:37 PM

coffeewithchess
10-25-2007, 09:47 PM
Since 1980, what candidate won South Carolina won the nomination. The campaign is getting into high gear and better stay that way in SC. Pat Buchanan won NH, but lost SC to Bob Dole, Dole won the nomination. In 2000, McCain won NH, but lost SC to Bush, Bush got the nomination. So goes the trend back to 1980...let's get busy!

ross11988
10-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Alot of South States will most likely vote democrat, its been like that since Civil War

filmmaker58
10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
Nevada is having a caucus on January 19th (so far) So the vote doesn't really count, it's delegates we need here. I'm starting to walk my precinct tomorrow. I'm prepared to be a delegate all the way to the national convention.

me3
10-26-2007, 09:14 AM
Bump for Nevada delegates.

What can we do to help the SC grassroots?

Jongleur
10-26-2007, 09:26 AM
SC is VERY neocon, but also VERY mistrustful of northerners and non-evangelicals - which should hurt Giuliani and Romney a bit. This state WILL vote Repub in the general election, or I'll eat my shirt.

I couldn't tell you who's ahead here currently, but if Huckabee gets traction, I could see him catching on here.

Real Clear Politics makes it look like a weird race thus far:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/president/sc/south_carolina_republican_primary-233.html

I have not yet gotten very involved, but I'm starting to ramp up a bit - giving on Nov. 5th and going to my first Columbia, SC meetup November 5th.

My friends are almost all dyed-in-the-wool libs, and I have sent out some mass e-mails wherein I got beat up a bit. :-)

I have not seen much political advertising of ANY sort in the capital city. I think a few BIG signs could go a long way here. Romney's got a sign in one of the big intersections, but that's about it.

I don't know who else is on here from SC, but I'll post a report from the meetup on the 5th.

One natural place to have a presence would be the South Carolina-Clemson game, which is the biggest annual football game in the state. It's Nov 24 in Columbia.

Also, the State House is right in the middle of downtown, and even a rally of 20 people with decent signs gets easy attention.

Thoughts?

- Chris

PS: I happen to have a close connection to the editorial page editor here. The State is an important political force in this town and in SC. I haven't been getting the paper, so I don't know whom he supports early, but he's generally conservative except that he thinks we should be Wilsonian - spreading the goodness of America throughout the world. He's a WWII junkie and all that. Convincing him that RP's non-interventionism isn't isolationism will be an uphill fight. But I'll get to work on that.