PDA

View Full Version : Birtherism: Where it all began

aGameOfThrones
04-22-2011, 05:32 AM
Just when it appeared that public interest was fading, celebrity developer Donald Trump has revived the theory that President Barack Obama was born overseas and helped expose the depth to which the notion has taken root—a New York Times poll Thursday found that a plurality of Republicans believe it.

If you haven’t been trolling the fever swamps of online conspiracy sites or opening those emails from Uncle Larry, you may well wonder: Where did this idea come from? Who started it? And is there a grain of truth there?

The answer lies in Democratic, not Republican politics, and in the bitter, exhausting spring of 2008. At the time, the Democratic presidential primary was slipping away from Hillary Clinton and some of her most passionate supporters grasped for something, anything that would deal a final reversal to Barack Obama.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53563.html

qh4dotcom
04-22-2011, 09:32 AM
bump

RonPaulFanInGA
04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
It began with a bunch of sad Hillary Clinton supporters desperate to find something to stop Obama after they realized Clinton's winning the democratic nomination wasn't as set in stone as they would have liked to believe.

Its banner is carried this day by a bunch of even sadder, gullible conspiracy types who read way too much WorldNetDaily.

Koz
04-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Wait, so does that mean Hillary is racist?

pcosmar
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM

No, not necessarily.
But it does point out that she was told to back off. Someone wanted Obama elected and made a deal with the witch lady.

She gave up far too easily and buried the Eligibility Question.

FrankRep
04-22-2011, 11:21 AM
Its banner is carried this day by a bunch of even sadder, gullible conspiracy types who read way too much WorldNetDaily.

What conspiracy? Obama just needs to display his real birth certificate. He won't. That's a problem.

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 11:27 AM
What conspiracy? Obama just needs to display his real birth certificate. He won't. That's a problem.

Frank, many people are not going to see the light, but rather watch the MSM and go along with the idea, people questioning where Obama was born are looking at some kind of conspiracy theory. Notice now, they even leave off the theory part? Now it's any kind of conspiracy is just a theory. Somebody should tell the DHS that, so they won't search people at airports anymore. After all, since there is no such thing as a conspiracy, no one would conspire to take a bomb aboard an aircraft.

dannno
04-22-2011, 11:30 AM

No, Donny, they're sexists (her supporters, actually)

Working Poor
04-22-2011, 11:35 AM
I saw an article on line that said "Kenyan running for Ill senate seat" which when I saw that he was running for POTUS I thought how could someone from Kenya be running for POTUS?

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 11:40 AM
I saw an article on line that said "Kenyan running for Ill senate seat" which when I saw that he was running for POTUS I thought how could someone from Kenya be running for POTUS?

Hey, I remember that article...... here is a copy.
http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20040627142700/eastandard.net/headlines/news26060403.htm

TIMB0B
04-22-2011, 11:53 AM
http://classic-web.archive.org/web/20040627142700/eastandard.net/headlines/news26060403.htm

Um, why the hell has this had no mention in the birther scandal?

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Um, why the hell has this had no mention in the birther scandal?

LOL, maybe somebody will email the link to Trump. :D

dean.engelhardt
04-22-2011, 12:02 PM
a plurality of Republicans believe it

I haven't seen a poll in a year or so, but I thought only 23% of voters identified themselves as Republican. That means about about 12% of voters are birthers? I don't see Trump win an election appealing to 12% of voters.

Anyone have more up to date data?

Theocrat
04-22-2011, 12:19 PM

Whoa! That is crazy! How did Obama get away with that one? Someone needs to send that article to every news outlet possible. If nothing else, Donald Trump needs a copy, as well.

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 12:28 PM
Whoa! That is crazy! How did Obama get away with that one? Someone needs to send that article to every news outlet possible. If nothing else, Donald Trump needs a copy, as well.

Well, I don't really know what happened when that article was brought up. I also have to question, did Obama correct them at the time of that article? That is of course, if he saw the article at that time.

Theocrat
04-22-2011, 12:35 PM
Well, I don't really know what happened when that article was brought up. I also have to question, did Obama correct them at the time of that article? That is of course, if he saw the article at that time.

I just submitted the article to the "Drudge Report." We'll see what he makes of it.

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I just submitted the article to the "Drudge Report." We'll see what he makes of it.

It may be old news.