PDA

View Full Version : According to Lew Rockwell, Ron Paul is "running all-out for president"

Austin
04-22-2011, 03:19 AM
Source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/04/ron-paul-about-to-announce/

Benton confirms that Ron will meet all of the criteria to be in the May 5th debate. So what are these criteria you ask? — Form an exploratory committee by May 3rd, and a $25,000 filing fee also has to be paid to the SC GOP.

From that we can pretty much assume the following.

Ron Paul will file for an exploratory committee by May 3rd.
Ron Paul will be accepting donations by May 3rd.
The moneybomb will proceed as planned.
Ron Paul is running all-out for president?

I imagine we'll see Ron announce the exploratory committee sometime next week, after he's soaked up the media from his book release.

belian78
04-22-2011, 08:03 AM
All I have to say is, after moving the goalposts time after time with this 'my decision will be based on...' if he does run it better be to win. Call me a Debbie downer, but I will not sacrifice everything I did last time on another educational campaign. I'm sure I'm not alone in those sentiments, I'm sure many people donated money/time/resources until they were mentally/physically/financially spent just like me.

The thing is, I'm ready to do it all over again, and even more. Just as long as Ron is in it to win.

sailingaway
04-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Lew a week ago said 'informed media observers' said he wasn't going to run, and would switch support to Rand. I think LR is guessing, just like we are.

I do agree Ron will be running a different race. Months ago Benton said it was a bigger decision to run this time because this time Ron is a serious candidate and would need to run a serious campaign. (I paraphrase.)

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 09:57 AM
Lew a week ago said 'informed media observers' said he wasn't going to run, and would switch support to Rand. I think LR is guessing, just like we are.No, LR is not "guessing", I assure you of that. Him and Ron are quite close.

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM
All I have to say is, after moving the goalposts time after time with this 'my decision will be based on...' if he does run it better be to win. Call me a Debbie downer, but I will not sacrifice everything I did last time on another educational campaign.

The thing is, I'm ready to do it all over again, and even more. Just as long as Ron is in it to win.You do realize that "winning" doesn't necessarily mean electoral victory, right? Ron and Obama were the winners of 2008, but yet Ron didn't get elected. He still won though. And even if he doesn't get elected in 2012, he'll probably still emerge as the winner.

mczerone
04-22-2011, 10:16 AM
You do realize that "winning" doesn't necessarily mean electoral victory, right? Ron and Obama were the winners of 2008, but yet Ron didn't get elected. He still won though. And even if he doesn't get elected in 2012, he'll probably still emerge as the winner.

STFU.

You obviously aren't paying attention to the words of the posters. It's all well and good if YOU FEEL that a successful educational campaign is a "win", but we're saying that this strategy won't be enough to compel as much donations and efforts from those of us that want him to run to win THE ELECTION.

Basically, the more you talk like this is just going to be another educational campaign, the less revenue the campaign will see from the grassroots. But maybe that's what you want so that you can excuse not running high quality TV ads and not focusing spending on the most advantageous districts. Then at the end Ron can donate the extra money to CFL, and we'll all be stuck with another imperial great leader.

I'm not going to "jump ship" if this is an educational campaign, but if its not run professionally, don't count on seeing much money from me or a ton of others who want to see Ron's last hurrah at least try to freaking win the Presidency.

You'll expand the level of support greater by being a serious contender with professional promotion. So I don't even see how a strict educational campaign is even a "win" according to its own criteria.

The Dark Knight
04-22-2011, 10:18 AM
so what do you guys think. Will he form an exploratory cmte first of jump straight in?

speciallyblend
04-22-2011, 10:20 AM
All I have to say is, after moving the goalposts time after time with this 'my decision will be based on...' if he does run it better be to win. Call me a Debbie downer, but I will not sacrifice everything I did last time on another educational campaign. I'm sure I'm not alone in those sentiments, I'm sure many people donated money/time/resources until they were mentally/physically/financially spent just like me.

The thing is, I'm ready to do it all over again, and even more. Just as long as Ron is in it to win.

pretty much how i feel!!

pacelli
04-22-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not going to "jump ship" if this is an educational campaign, but if its not run professionally, don't count on seeing much money from me or a ton of others who want to see Ron's last hurrah at least try to freaking win the Presidency.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I can't afford to meet this definition. We used this very definition in 07-08 to justify why taking a chance on Ron Paul was worthwhile, despite the "unelectable" bullshit propaganda of the media. So I identify with your statement.

I can only apply this definition to my own behavior as compared to my behavior in 07-08. If Ron himself doesn't make it abundantly clear that he intends to win the campaign "in the conventional sense" (to use his words), I won't be able to spend $4600 on public education campaigns again. Personally I just can't afford to do it again.

We're in a fucking economic depression that Ron Paul himself predicted, and yet he needs more money to convince him to run? He's already sounding like a reluctant candidate. And we saw how that worked out 4 years ago.

trey4sports
04-22-2011, 10:29 AM
so what do you guys think. Will he form an exploratory cmte first of jump straight in?

Exp. committee

tekkierich
04-22-2011, 10:31 AM
I can only apply this definition to my own behavior as compared to my behavior in 07-08. If Ron himself doesn't make it abundantly clear that he intends to win the campaign "in the conventional sense" (to use his words), I won't be able to spend $4600 on public education campaigns again. Personally I just can't afford to do it again.

Agreed

Travlyr
04-22-2011, 10:35 AM
James Jaeger on SPOILER - His Documentary Based on Nelson Hultberg's New Freedom-Oriented Political Party (http://www.thedailybell.com/2096/James-Jaeger-on-His-Documentary-and-Nelson-Hultbergs-New-Freedom-Oriented-Political-Party.html)

Daily Bell: So Ron Paul will never be the Republican candidate for president?

James Jaeger: Never. The CFR would never in a million years allow it. Even AIPAC would never allow it because one of their highest priorities is to maintain a U.S. military presence near the Israel, whereas Dr. Paul wants to rein in our military adventures. I however predict that Dr. Paul WILL run on the GOP ticket to do as much "damage" as he can. Then, after the GOP rejects him as their nominee, I hope, this time, he will jump over to an Independent run with Nelson's new party or the Libertarian Party.

www.SpoilerUSA.org

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPrdUxD0IZw&feature=player_embedded

westkyle
04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
Never say never if you want it to happen.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-22-2011, 11:09 AM
You do realize that "winning" doesn't necessarily mean electoral victory, right? Ron and Obama were the winners of 2008, but yet Ron didn't get elected. He still won though. And even if he doesn't get elected in 2012, he'll probably still emerge as the winner.

Oh, FFS. What do you call it when you run in an election, and don't get the position you're running for? It's a loss. Obama (or McCain) as President is a loss. Ron Paul got single-digits (5.7%).

This is like saying single-digits Bill Johnson was the real winner over Rand Paul.

jack555
04-22-2011, 11:15 AM
STFU.

You obviously aren't paying attention to the words of the posters. It's all well and good if YOU FEEL that a successful educational campaign is a "win", but we're saying that this strategy won't be enough to compel as much donations and efforts from those of us that want him to run to win THE ELECTION.

Basically, the more you talk like this is just going to be another educational campaign, the less revenue the campaign will see from the grassroots. But maybe that's what you want so that you can excuse not running high quality TV ads and not focusing spending on the most advantageous districts. Then at the end Ron can donate the extra money to CFL, and we'll all be stuck with another imperial great leader.

You'll expand the level of support greater by being a serious contender with professional promotion. So I don't even see how a strict educational campaign is even a "win" according to its own criteria.

Matt is right, Ron's campaign in 2008 made the entire republican party move closer to its conservative roots, started the tea party, created probably twice as many libertarians as there were beforehand,etc.He didn't win but his campaign (with our help) has made a significant impact on the United States. Of course it would be amazing if we won and we should try too but you shouldnt be discouraged if we don't. We are not going to make America liberatrian overnight. In 2012 we have ron. In 2016 we will have Rand to hopefully run, Its very possible that ron's 2012 campaign could lead to large momentum for Rand's 2016 campaign.

Romulus
04-22-2011, 11:39 AM
Rands win was a direct result of Rons 08 run. So don't tell me anything was wasted.

ds21089
04-22-2011, 11:39 AM
I think a few people in this thread need to keep in mind that "I believe that ideas move the country, not individuals - unless they're in the right place at the right time." - Ron Paul

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Matt is right, Ron's campaign in 2008 made the entire republican party move closer to its conservative roots, started the tea party, created probably twice as many libertarians as there were beforehand,etc.He didn't win but his campaign (with our help) has made a significant impact on the United States. Of course it would be amazing if we won and we should try too but you shouldnt be discouraged if we don't. We are not going to make America liberatrian overnight. In 2012 we have ron. In 2016 we will have Rand to hopefully run, Its very possible that ron's 2012 campaign could lead to large momentum for Rand's 2016 campaign.
Exactly. I know of at least 10 elected officials that had essentially ZERO political experience prior to Ron's run, but have been elected since, largely, in part to Ron's rhetoric and network.

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Rands win was a direct result of Rons 08 run. So don't tell me anything was wasted.
Exactly. Who knows what will happen after 2012?!?!

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 11:54 AM
STFU.
Trying to stifle posters you don't agree with? That's classy and conducive to freedom :rolleyes:

we're saying that this strategy won't be enough to compel as much donations and efforts from those of us that want him to run to win THE ELECTION.I think it's entirely possible for Ron to win the nomination. But only if people give 120% like in 2008. WE have to do the heavy lifting just like in 2008.

Basically, the more you talk like this is just going to be another educational campaign, the less revenue the campaign will see from the grassroots. But maybe that's what you want so that you can excuse not running high quality TV ads and not focusing spending on the most advantageous districts. Then at the end Ron can donate the extra money to CFL, and we'll all be stuck with another imperial great leader.2012 will NOT be like 2008. Ron is mostly surrounded by experienced professionals now who have won dozens of elections.

And yes, they are running to win, including electoral victory.

I'm not going to "jump ship" if this is an educational campaign, but if its not run professionally, don't count on seeing much money from me or a ton of others who want to see Ron's last hurrah at least try to freaking win the Presidency.It will be run professionally, but trust me mistakes will be made as it will with every campaign. Every campaign I've been involved with that won usually at some point or another has a comedy of follies. I mean Rand's campaign had a ton of internal issues (and even some large external ones) but yet it got pulled off.

So don't look for perfection from Ron's 2012 campaign, or any campaign for that matter, because you're setting yourslef up for disappointment.

You'll expand the level of support greater by being a serious contender with professional promotion. I agree with that, and I am positive it will be.

So I don't even see how a strict educational campaign is even a "win" according to its own criteria.That's because you are close minded.

But again, this is not going to be just an educational campaign.

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 11:56 AM
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I can't afford to meet this definition.Except that we are achieving different results now.

He's already sounding like a reluctant candidate. And we saw how that worked out 4 years ago.It worked out great!
And being a reluctant candidate is a good thing. Not only is it good strategy, but do you want Ron to be acting like Trump or Romney or Gingrich? :confused: :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 11:58 AM
Oh, FFS. What do you call it when you run in an election, and don't get the position you're running for? It's a loss. Obama (or McCain) as President is a loss. Ron Paul got single-digits (5.7%).

This is like saying single-digits Bill Johnson was the real winner over Rand Paul.What do you call it when you run for an office, change the course of debate, change the history of the nation (and the world), redefine Republican politics, engage millions of people to get involved in the process, spark a new generation of political activists, lawyers, and candidates, spook the establishment, and also become a stalwart in the zeitgeist?

I'd call that success, in fact I'd even call it R3volution!

ds21089
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
Exactly. Who knows what will happen after 2012?!?!

I agree with you, but at the same time, if you take into account what a lot of "conspiracy theorists" have seemed to "discover", by 2016 we will have reached the point of no return. We'll be in such a policed state that unless we were able to get millions of people together at once, we'll just be beaten, tazed, shot, thrown in jail, grenaded, anything. We wont be able to congregate because they are able to shut down the internet already, they are able to read just about anything we type anyway. Have you guys seen the latest article about Apple devices tracking our every move (http://www.dailytech.com/Apple+is+Tracking+its+iPhone+iPad+Users+Every+Move/article21429.htm) Even if the "elite" don't finish their plan by the end of 2012, as predicted, can we really hold off another 4 years with a shitty president? I personally believe that this election is all or nothing. Our rights are being violated more and more, we're being poisoned (http://www.healthcarealternatives.net/fluoride.html). How much worse will this be by 2016? I assume if we dont get a candidate for the people this time around, or make damn sure if we dont, that we start a TRUE revolution against the government, we're destined to these FEMA camps if we dont obey their every command.

UtahApocalypse
04-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Source: http://www.lewrockwell.com/politicaltheatre/2011/04/ron-paul-about-to-announce/

Benton confirms that Ron will meet all of the criteria to be in the May 5th debate. So what are these criteria you ask? — Form an exploratory committee by May 3rd, and a $25,000 filing fee also has to be paid to the SC GOP.

From that we can pretty much assume the following.

Ron Paul will file for an exploratory committee by May 3rd.
Ron Paul will be accepting donations by May 3rd.
The moneybomb will proceed as planned.
Ron Paul is running all-out for president?

I imagine we'll see Ron announce the exploratory committee sometime next week, after he's soaked up the media from his book release.

Deadline is April 29th.

NewRightLibertarian
04-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Ron actually has a shot to win this time. It will be an uphill battle, but we can gain momentum. The country is ready now. The tea party wasn't even really around in 2008. And worst case scenario is he dominates the debates and loses.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
Lew a week ago said 'informed media observers' said he wasn't going to run, and would switch support to Rand. I think LR is guessing, just like we are.

My interpretation at the time already was that Lew was attempting to give the Pauls free press by spreading those rumors. At the time I said it was extremely unlikely that Rand was going to run and my guess is that Lew knew it too.

low preference guy
04-22-2011, 12:39 PM
You do realize that "winning" doesn't necessarily mean electoral victory, right?

This time it means exactly that. You are the biggest loser in this forum.

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 12:43 PM
This time it means exactly that. You are the biggest loser in this forum.What's your name? Where do you live? What kind of experience and qualifications do you have?

I've had a fairly significant hand in winning 5 elections for 3 candidates since 2008, how many have you won? I'm fairly well plugged into Ron and Rand and the 'inner circle' so I'm trying to figure out exactly how it is you know what you're talking about while you claim that I don't?

How often do you and Rand e-mail each other?

How often do you and Ron's top advisers/staffers chat?

I'm just curious because you seem to not know of what you speak and you're looking like an ass because of it. :rolleyes:

zerosdontcount
04-22-2011, 12:57 PM
Couldn't agree more. We are in it to win it, but it is the ideas that win as well as the candidate. Also we aren't repeating something failed in 2008. 2008 opened the political world to libertarianism and freedom like never before with the Tea Party and Rand. Lowpreferenceguy, we have to work together, and your attitude about this is really lame and immature. If you have something intellectual to add to your argument say it without making personal attacks on people.

Austin
04-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Deadline is April 29th.

According to http://www.goupstate.com/article/20110421/ARTICLES/110429913/1051/news01?p=1&tc=pg, the deadline is May 3rd — and April 29th.. >_>

Vastroc
04-22-2011, 01:09 PM
No reason for this to turn into a flame fest. We would all love it if Ron won. I see alot of bitterness from people who put alot of effort into Ron's last run. I am not sure you had realistic expectations of his chances last time. 30+ million was peanuts to the total money spent to elect Obama. Having most of the media classify you a nut or exclude you is an insane hurdle to over come. Frankly I am surprised at the liberty successes post election.

Ron is 75 years old.
Ron has 100s of sound bites that can be easily demonized.
Special interests will spend Billions to keep him out of the Presidency.
The Media will be 24/7 Racist Newsletters/Votes agaist RosaParks/etc if it looks like he has a chance.
Ron uses a liberty bat on issues that 75% of Americans disagree with (Gitmo trials, 9/11 Mosque,etc) rather than liberty honey.

I think people need to have realistic expectations going into this.

nateerb
04-22-2011, 02:51 PM
STFU.

This. If they start running "he's catchin' on, I'm tellin' ya" and thumb their nose at the creations of aravoth et al my checkbook will remain closed.

CUnknown
04-22-2011, 02:53 PM
No reason for this to turn into a flame fest. We would all love it if Ron won. I see alot of bitterness from people who put alot of effort into Ron's last run. I am not sure you had realistic expectations of his chances last time. 30+ million was peanuts to the total money spent to elect Obama. Having most of the media classify you a nut or exclude you is an insane hurdle to over come. Frankly I am surprised at the liberty successes post election.

Ron is 75 years old.
Ron has 100s of sound bites that can be easily demonized.
Special interests will spend Billions to keep him out of the Presidency.
The Media will be 24/7 Racist Newsletters/Votes agaist RosaParks/etc if it looks like he has a chance.
Ron uses a liberty bat on issues that 75% of Americans disagree with (Gitmo trials, 9/11 Mosque,etc) rather than liberty honey.

I think people need to have realistic expectations going into this.

Matt is absolutely right! I'm shocked that so many people here are feeling down on RP 2012... we accomplished so much last time, so much more than anyone predicted. It's amazing what we've done so far. All we have to do is keep it up and we'll continue to achieve victories regardless of what happens to Ron in 2012.

We should absolutely have realistic expectations. The odds of Ron winning in a conventional sense are somewhat low. But they're a hell of a lot better than in 2008. And even if he doesn't win the presidency, our movement will grow by leaps and bounds as long as we keep fighting.

I mean, did people here think it was really going to be easy? That we can just throw Ron out there, and magically everything will get better? It's going to take a long, tiring struggle to bring freedom back to this country. But how can anyone say that it's not worth it?

Do you want to look back from totalitarian Amerika in a FEMA camp somewhere and think "I wonder if we could have had a chance if I had only tried harder"??

runningdiz
04-22-2011, 03:12 PM
I thought he already filed for a presidential exploratory committee? Isn't that what this is? http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/Ron-Paul-2012-PRC.pdf

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 03:30 PM
I thought he already filed for a presidential exploratory committee? Isn't that what this is? http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/Ron-Paul-2012-PRC.pdf
"Re-elect" means for his Congressional committee.

Romulus
04-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Perhaps that's Ron is being cautious - he does have a real chance to take this all the way.