PDA

View Full Version : Cop shatters 4th amendment right on video

devil21
04-22-2011, 12:24 AM
A cop violating rights? Shocker, I know. But this one takes the cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_4igdFu-j8&feature=player_embedded

The phone holder was arrested. The phone was passed to the other guy so the cop never got it.

Mach
04-22-2011, 12:51 AM
So, what it comes down to these days is.... make sure you have a video of you videoing something else... backup!

It's kind of like an Officer review, a checklist, they will confiscate your video and if you catch them doing any wrong on that video, then you won't ever see it again, they are protecting their selves from lawsuits and bad publicity.

If they just walk into your garage, isn't that the same as just walking in your front door?

aGameOfThrones
04-22-2011, 01:04 AM
A cop violating rights? Shocker, I know. But this one takes the cake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_4igdFu-j8&feature=player_embedded

I see nothing wrong... The officer clearly stated he had to steal take the man's phone on account the video camera on all three of the patrol cars were damage on account of budget cuts. They were just doing their job, please stop with all these anti-police threads you anarchists.

/S

heavenlyboy34
04-22-2011, 01:18 AM
silly mundanes. You don't have rights! ;)

Philhelm
04-22-2011, 02:32 AM
silly mundanes. You don't have rights! ;)

No winky face necessary; your statement was the truth. :( <== Sad face is necessary, however.

Carehn
04-22-2011, 05:27 AM
This SUCKS! Poor guys should have told him to get off the property. Probably would have been shot though.
This police state is getting out of hand. bet the other dude gets busted for taking the phone.

ivflight
04-22-2011, 05:39 AM
They didn't actually get his phone, right? Looked like he had it in his pocket for a second then just walked away from the cop.

Edit: oh, wait, did he hand it off to someone else?

qh4dotcom
04-22-2011, 08:55 AM
:)

DirtMcGirt
04-22-2011, 09:03 AM
How should you respond if a cop asks you for your phone for evidence?

Would you first state that you need a warrant to confiscate my phone? Would you ask him if it is illegal to video a public servant?
I don't know the answer but if someone gives a quality response its worth some +rep...:::D:D:collins:

pcosmar
04-22-2011, 09:07 AM
This SUCKS! Poor guys should have told him to get off the property. Probably would have been shot though.
This police state is getting out of hand. bet the other dude gets busted for taking the phone.

The cop should have been shot for assault during a robbery.

These thugs need to be put in their place.
:(

AGRP
04-22-2011, 09:22 AM
Nazis

IBleedNavyAndOrange
04-22-2011, 09:32 AM
I found another video of this cop harassing terrorist.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OTidUP4xKwA&sns=em

qh4dotcom
04-22-2011, 09:35 AM
How should you respond if a cop asks you for your phone for evidence?

Would you first state that you need a warrant to confiscate my phone? Would you ask him if it is illegal to video a public servant?
I don't know the answer but if someone gives a quality response its worth some +rep...:::D:D:collins:

If you're forced to, give up the phone but be sure you are using the Qik.com application which transmits live what you're videotaping via 3G internet to your Qik.com account. So if a cop grabs your phone, you can still access the video on the Internet at Qik.com

robertwerden
04-22-2011, 09:45 AM
The cop is under investigation by internal affairs
http://www.timesheraldonline.com/ci_17854447

pcosmar
04-22-2011, 09:53 AM

"Investigation"?
Yeah right.. :rolleyes:

I have a few other terms and phrases to describe it.

AGRP
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM

Twisted comments in that article:

Why did the individual filming the incident already assume that the cops were going to shoot someone? Vallejo does not have a record for unjustified shootings, unless you count all the want to be gang bangers who hang out on the streets at night. The officer stated he needed to confiscate the phone for evidence, even if he was wrong, too bad! The way our system works is you obey the law and do what you're told (obviously not anything stupid, so no dumb responses here) and after the fact you lodge a complaint and use the system. This individual is an igonorant moron, he wanted to find a reason to make the cops look bad. Get a job, you bum.
2 · Like · Reply · April 15 at 6:37pm

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Ow, watching that video made my neck hurt. Was the person running the camera laying down?

pcosmar
04-22-2011, 10:04 AM
Ow, watching that video made my neck hurt. Was the person running the camera laying down?

That is a good idea if you are expecting cops to shoot up the neighborhood again.

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 10:06 AM
That is a good idea if you are expecting cops to shoot up the neighborhood again.

Or perhaps he was running the camera like it was a Glock. I know some people like to have the empty casings land on their head.

DirtMcGirt
04-22-2011, 10:07 AM
If you're forced to, give up the phone but be sure you are using the Qik.com application which transmits live what you're videotaping via 3G internet to your Qik.com account. So if a cop grabs your phone, you can still access the video on the Internet at Qik.com

Thanks for the site, I had no idea this even existed...

AGRP
04-22-2011, 03:46 PM
:collins:

Matt Collins
04-22-2011, 03:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bFl4H-toyU&feature=player_embedded

Carehn
04-22-2011, 05:58 PM
The cop should have been shot for assault during a robbery.

These thugs need to be put in their place.
:(

I agree but then he would go to jail as a cop killer and the cops 6 year old girl would be all over the news crying. It would not go down good. But they day is coming. It wont be a day, just more and more people will realize that they must defend them selfs from these savages at all cost. They will have nothing to loose.

Mach
04-23-2011, 01:37 AM
He never gave the cop his phone, he was smart and sent the phone inside. :D

http://www.pixiq.com/article/police-handcuff-man-videotaping-investigation-from-his-own-home

Anti Federalist
04-23-2011, 01:54 AM
Or perhaps he was running the camera like it was a Glock. I know some people like to have the empty casings land on their head.

Oh that made me ROFL.

DamianTV
04-23-2011, 04:09 AM
I see nothing wrong... The officer clearly stated he had to steal take the man's phone on account the video camera on all three of the patrol cars were damage on account of budget cuts. They were just doing their job, please stop with all these anti-police threads you anarchists.

/S

Ok. I'll stop saying anything bad about the Police and their abuse. NOT!

Seriously, I think every post I have read by you, you dont see any problems with anything that the government is doing. If you dont have the cajones to stand up for yourself, thats one thing, but when every friend you have ends up in jail thanks to their abusive laws, who do you think will be there to stick up for you when they come for you?

You sir are a TROLL.

-REP

Trigonx
04-23-2011, 04:30 AM
Ok. I'll stop saying anything bad about the Police and their abuse. NOT!

Seriously, I think every post I have read by you, you dont see any problems with anything that the government is doing. If you dont have the cajones to stand up for yourself, thats one thing, but when every friend you have ends up in jail thanks to their abusive laws, who do you think will be there to stick up for you when they come for you?

You sir are a TROLL.

-REP

He is not being serious. /s = /sarcasm.

DamianTV
04-23-2011, 04:55 AM
Missed that /s. I'll own up to being wrong when I am. However, I do not believe he is being sarcastic tho as that isnt the first post of his I've read like that. However, if I am wrong, I'll +rep to correct and all he has to say is that he was being sarcastic. I still smell troll...

TheeJoeGlass
04-23-2011, 09:08 AM
Twisted comments in that article:

That was made by a white guy. Its ok if cops violate the rights of citizens that are minorities, in his eyes.

Matt Collins
04-23-2011, 02:39 PM
I would've responded "you can have my contact information, and I'll send you a copy, unless you come back with a warrant".

Seraphim
04-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Witholding evidence? PIG. Making up shit as one goes along - classic swine.

FortisKID
04-23-2011, 11:04 PM
It doesn't look like the police did anything wrong...

Humanae Libertas
04-24-2011, 02:26 AM
It doesn't look like the police did anything wrong...

This cop is patriotic. The 4th amendment is overrated, who the hell cares, its old, get with modern times people.