PDA

View Full Version : The ATF Wants Your Shotgun

Matt Collins
04-21-2011, 11:01 PM
In an e-mail today...

Did you know the ATF is trying to re-define the law?

And they’ve got their anti-gun sights set on your SHOTGUN.

In January, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives released a document announcing a study that would dramatically tighten regulations on shotguns.

With the tacit approval of the Obama Administration, the ATF hopes to use bureaucratic rule changes to ban the importation and sale of certain shotguns based on their twisted view of the “sporting purposes” clause in the 1968 Gun Control Act.

There’s one major problem.

As you know, the purpose of the Second Amendment isn’t to protect “sports.”

It’s to protect citizens -- like you and me -- from a tyrannical government.

This proposal by the ATF is an all-out flank attack on our right to keep and bear arms.

The ATF’s ridiculously anti-gun study suggests that certain, and in many cases very random, criteria would make a shotgun unable to be imported. Those random criteria include:

• Folding, telescoping or collapsible stocks;

• Bayonet lugs;

• Flash suppressors;

• Magazines over 5 rounds, or a drum magazine;

• Integrated rail systems;

• Light enhancing devices;

• Excessive weight (greater than 10 pounds for a 12 gauge);

• Excessive bulk;

• Forward pistol grip.

You read that right. Excessive weight and bulk will get your shotgun banned.

You and I both know, none of the items listed make a firearm more or less dangerous.

It is a list of completely arbitrary items that have more to do with appearance than anything substantial.

The ATF might as well say they don’t want anything “black” to be imported – it would be just as logical.

But their blatant disregard for the truth doesn’t stop there.

The United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) and the International Practical Shooting Confederation (IPSC) might be interested to know that the ATF doesn’t consider their matches a “sport”...

But the ATF has made a mistake, and I need you to capitalize on it.

They have opened up a comment period – open until April 30 – by which the general public can voice their opinions on this “study.”

That means gun owners like you and I, simply MUST make our voices heard by the anti-gun bureaucrats in Washington.

They think that they quietly slip these regulations through without taxpayers and voters making a fuss.

Gun owners must let them know we’re watching their every move.

That’s why I need you to contact the ATF and tell them to keep their hands off your shotgun and to ditch their ridiculous, anti-gun study.

You can send them a message by clicking here (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/5810294:8601289064:m:1:219165064:DBB880246193C76DD 34B888F68733549).

Over the next few days, I intend to urge National Association for Gun Rights’ members like you to flood the ATF with emails stating exactly how ridiculous their proposal is.

This ban is not about public safety.

It is nothing less than the Obama administrations latest attempt to use bureaucratic wrangling to trample over your Second Amendment rights.

It is another example of a power grab by an already out of control government agency.

Apparently it wasn’t enough for them to funnel firearms into Mexico.

Now they want to keep you from having a home defense shotgun.

I need you to contact the ATF TODAY and tell them to keep their hands off your shotgun and to ditch their ridiculous, anti-gun study.

You can send them a message by clicking here (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/5810294:8601289064:m:1:219165064:DBB880246193C76DD 34B888F68733549).

Once you’ve sent an email and fax to the ATF, I hope you stand with me and chip in $15 or $20 to help the National Association for Gun Rights fight the ATF’s Shotgun Ban.

Like I said, I’ll take care of the rest.

For Liberty,[/FONT]
http://nationalgunrights.org/images/DWBsigBlue.jpg (http://paracom.paramountcommunication.com/ct/5810295:8601289064:m:1:219165064:DBB880246193C76DD 34B888F68733549)

Dudley Brown
Executive Director
National Association for Gun Rights

Pericles
04-22-2011, 09:33 AM
But, I don't have a shotgun. Would this be an acceptable alternative?

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/47963/1147571630055855007S600x600Q85.jpg

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 09:40 AM
But, I don't have a shotgun. Would this be an acceptable alternative?

http://inlinethumb28.webshots.com/47963/1147571630055855007S600x600Q85.jpg

I'm sure they will come up with something to make it fit with their agenda.

Pericles
04-22-2011, 09:42 AM

It cost $200 extra already .......

Dr.3D
04-22-2011, 09:47 AM
It cost $200 extra already .......

Well, you know they want to run the price up a lot higher than that. Look what they've done to the price of "drugs".

oyarde
04-25-2011, 11:13 AM
F the ATF , UnConstitutional F's

Mike4Freedom
04-25-2011, 11:44 AM
I am glad I already bought a Saiga 12, get yours while you still can. Also get the 20 round drum that is made for it. Good luck coming into my house trying to get my Saiga, lol.

devil21
04-25-2011, 02:49 PM
Yikes. $1000+ for a shotgun? That's crazy.

ghengis86
04-25-2011, 07:39 PM

it's got a bayonet lug! ahhh!!!11!!eleventyone!!!ahh!! oh wait, are we past that time period? umm....the magazine holds more that 10 rounds!!! wait...the muzzle break can be removed (and not just with a dremel and a pin punch)!!!

oh yeah, there's a flare launcher!

oyarde
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
Really , am I missing something ? Why would anyone give a crap if a shotgun has a bayonet lug , a flashlight or a pistol grip ?

Dr.3D
05-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Really , am I missing something ? Why would anyone give a crap if a shotgun has a bayonet lug , a flashlight or a pistol grip ?

They make believe they care so they can try to find fault with everything and make it illegal. They are sociopaths and crazy stuff like that gives them ideas.

ninepointfive
05-04-2011, 11:31 AM
destructive device. All guns are destructive devices!

RMGO (http://www.rmgo.org/) is a great organization, and is run by the same crew. They are my local no compromise gun rights organization. I met Dudley at the local assemblies and heīs definitely strong for Rand Paul. He likes Ron less than Rand, but he knows Ron is one of the best allies in Congress for gun rights and the Constitution.

RMGO endorsed Carl Bruning for Larimer County Sheriff in 2010. Carl was Ron Paulīs Colorado and Wyoming campaign manager in 2008.

Pericles
05-04-2011, 11:50 AM

If it has a bayonet lug, there is the possibility that such a weapon might be suitable for militia use, per the SCOTUS -

"It is not within judicial notice that a shotgun having a barrel of less than 18 inches in length is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense."

pcosmar
05-04-2011, 01:32 PM
They already got my wife's shotgun (Stoeger DB) and I got another felony for being in the same house with it.

:mad:

oyarde
05-05-2011, 10:39 AM
They already got my wife's shotgun (Stoeger DB) and I got another felony for being in the same house with it.

:mad:Bastards

oyarde
05-05-2011, 10:40 AM
If it has a bayonet lug, there is the possibility that such a weapon might be suitable for militia use, per the SCOTUS -

"It is not within judicial notice that a shotgun having a barrel of less than 18 inches in length is any part of the ordinary military equipment or that its use could contribute to the common defense."

Yeah , makes no sense to me ...... , but I never attended law school ....

oyarde
05-05-2011, 10:44 AM
They make believe they care so they can try to find fault with everything and make it illegal. They are sociopaths and crazy stuff like that gives them ideas.

Dead on with the sociopath , I think ...

oyarde
05-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I am off to sell a classic car and then work, better I guess because I just had a sudden urge to put a bayonet lug on a shotgun...