PDA

View Full Version : Obama

Carehn
04-21-2011, 09:12 PM
Guys. Im only in my mid to late 20s. I seen Bush and was not happy but i was wondering today...
I don't know how Obama can even get a vote. Has it always been this bad? Im asking the old wise guys. Bush sucked and before that i was to young to care. I know that all prezes in my time and before have had some flaws or more but It seems that everyday Obama or someone connected to him is not only overstepping but pole vaulting over the line in some direction.

I should not need example its just getting to me. Where people always this apathetic and blind? Has Government Always been THIS bad?

AuH20
04-21-2011, 09:18 PM
It's always been bad, but the share of the plunder kept everyone relatively satisfied and introverted for the most part.

sailingaway
04-21-2011, 09:19 PM
The internet only existed since the mid 90s. Before that all we had was TV news and one newspaper a day, if we were the sort who kept up with things.

Think about it.

Teaser Rate
04-21-2011, 09:24 PM
The short answer is yes. If you look at every modern President’s record, you’re going to find a lot of things to disagree with, no matter what your ideology is. It’s just the way the incentives and constrains of the office work.

Almost no matter what Obama does, most of his supporters will vote for him in 2012 because he'll be seen as the lesser of two evils.

Carehn
04-21-2011, 09:27 PM
The internet only existed since the mid 90s. Before that all we had was TV news and one newspaper a day, if we were the sort who kept up with things.

Think about it.

I understand to an extent based on my age what the internet has done to free trade of ideas. Its wonderful. What i don't understand is whether Government today truly has become satin himself or whether at one time it was simply misguided acting foolishly with good intentions but on a much smaller scale then today.

Nothing excuses what has and is happening. I just don't have a good perspective on the timeline of things and was hopping for some guy with more day behind him to fill me in.

doodle
04-21-2011, 09:36 PM
I don't know how Obama can even get a vote.

In 08, it was mostly guilt/apology from/for Iraq bloodshed/abu ghraib torture etc. This time around, it will be interesting to see as many people realizing that he was a stealth plant of pro war neocons.

sailingaway
04-21-2011, 09:41 PM
I understand to an extent based on my age what the internet has done to free trade of ideas. Its wonderful. What i don't understand is whether Government today truly has become satin himself or whether at one time it was simply misguided acting foolishly with good intentions but on a much smaller scale then today.

Nothing excuses what has and is happening. I just don't have a good perspective on the timeline of things and was hopping for some guy with more day behind him to fill me in.

That isn't quite what I meant. What I meant is if it was happening, I didn't know it, but if I didn't get news on the internet, I might not know it NOW.

AuH20
04-21-2011, 09:42 PM
In 08, it was mostly guilt/apology from/for Iraq bloodshed/abu ghraib torture etc. This time around, it will be interesting to see as many people realizing that he was a stealth plant of pro war neocons.

It had very little to do with imperialist misadventures. War is low on the totem poll of the American consciousness because (a) they are insulated from it and (b) there are plenty of distractions in our style-over-substance society. McCain, besides being a poor candidate, lost because of job losses, the 2008 Wall Street shakeup and the incredible weakness shown in the housing market.

kah13176
04-21-2011, 10:13 PM
He's black, and his being in office brings pride to many black people. He could be openly communist and many wouldn't care, so long as someone of the same race was elected.

He eliminated income taxes for 50% of Americans. Of course many of those people will support him as well.