PDA

View Full Version : If they are throwing the Race Card on Gary Johnson.... what do you think they will do.....

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
to Ron Paul?

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/21/gary-johnson-discriminate-black-president/

Race Card, Birther etc. get ready for it.

Cowlesy
04-21-2011, 04:08 PM
The more they do it the less it means to the general population is my hope.

specsaregood
04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Oh noe! he's a racist? It doesn't stick anymore. In large part white guilt is gone now.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:10 PM
The more they do it the less it means to the general population is my hope.

Yeah. They also have a video about him being big on Nullification and they are trying to paint that as racist. Which is comical and Jack Hunter slayed recently.

RileyE104
04-21-2011, 04:14 PM
I hope Ron and Gary back each other's points up in the debate and attack the neo-cons instead of tearing each other down.

Anyways, to be more relevant to the OP, I don't think they will be throwing much mud towards Ron this time around. They know that his popularity has grown by a huge amount.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-21-2011, 04:15 PM
You can pretty much guarantee that the race card will be whipped out on any Republican. It's the progressive's favorite tool to divide.

nate895
Yeah, unless you're an actual Klansman, like David Duke or something, the "racist" thing doesn't stick anymore. How can you possibly argue that racists are a significant factor in elections when South Carolina just elected an Indian woman to be their Governor? I mean, it's absurd. Sure, there might be quite a few racists out there, but they no longer significantly influence national elections.

BamaFanNKy
I hope Ron and Gary back each other's points up in the debate and attack the neo-cons instead of tearing each other down.

Anyways, to be more relevant to the OP, I don't think they will be throwing much mud towards Ron this time around. They know that his popularity has grown by a huge amount.
Really? The establishment seems to like to tear the popular down.

specsaregood
04-21-2011, 04:17 PM
Yeah, unless you're an actual Klansman, like David Duke or something, the "racist" thing doesn't stick anymore. How can you possibly argue that racists are a significant factor in elections when South Carolina just elected an Indian woman to be their Governor? I mean, it's absurd. Sure, there might be quite a few racists out there, but they no longer significantly influence national elections.

And they can't even use it without being a joke, considering how the administration decided not to prosecute the black panther voting precinct case based explicitly on the fact that the perps were black.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Raise your hand if you are not white or male and have commented on this thread.

sailingaway
04-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Oh they constantly do that. Of course they will. So what? It is thinkprogress and they have the same echo chamber they always had. And they are not persuasive to GOP voters. And the progressives that will follow Ron are the ones who pay attention.

specsaregood
04-21-2011, 04:21 PM
Why?

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:26 PM
Why?

We are white males. Of course we think race cards are BS.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-21-2011, 04:26 PM
As the Republican liberals are no better than the Democratic conservatives, why are we still thinking in terms of Republican and conservative, and Democrat and liberal? We don't need to tend to our problems by legislation of laws, by administration of policy, and by the judicial means of right and wrong. We need to quit solving our problems in a courtroom! There ain't no way one half is ever going to run the other half out of business by way of lawsuits. The only people who profit from such an endeavor are the lawys. In the past dynasties, one had the same old tyrants in perpetual control over the same losers. As we go into a courtroom to solve our problems as equals, we come out of it as this tyranny of old with a winner and a loser.
We need to trade in this sophistical way of thinking, something which is downhill in effort, for a more philosophical way of thinking, which is more like mountain climbing. Quit wasting effort. Make every move count.

Indy Vidual
04-21-2011, 04:27 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSh6kVT4UL0

Brett85
04-21-2011, 04:28 PM
These people are simply dispicable and the absolute scum of the earth. They're race baiters who will try to spin anything and everything out of context to try to claim that Republicans are "racist." I'm sick and tired of it. These people are the ones who are actually racist, and they need to be put in their place.

Southron
04-21-2011, 04:29 PM
This campaign is going to be particularly nasty. Obama won on "Hope and Change™" but it's going to be tougher this time. Look for the race card to be played heavily. It still has more power than you think.

specsaregood
04-21-2011, 04:29 PM
We are white males. Of course we think race cards are BS.

Of course white votes are the reason Obama won. They voted in greater numbers/percentage for Obama than previous democrat candidates. Whites happen to be the majority still. Minorities don't vote for republican candidates -- minus the almost negligible exceptions.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:30 PM
It's ok for all of us to know Ron is not racist but, I am telling you.... this is part of the talking points.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:30 PM
Of course white votes are the reason Obama won. They voted in greater numbers/percentage for Obama than previous democrat candidates. Whites happen to be the majority still. Minorities don't vote for republican candidates -- minus the almost negligible exceptions.
Funny thing. Less than 100 years ago, The Black vote was solidly behind the GOP in Kentucky.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:32 PM
This campaign is going to be particularly nasty. Obama won on "Hope and Change™" but it's going to be tougher this time. Look for the race card to be played heavily. It still has more power than you think.

Exactly. If some of you forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3O2rBz9gwo

specsaregood
04-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Funny thing. Less than 100 years ago, The Black vote was solidly behind the GOP in Kentucky.

Obama has more support from white voters than any Democratic candidate in the last 30 years. According to another New York Times-CBS poll, 44 per cent of whites support Obama. If he ends up tonight with that 44 per cent, that will be more than supported Kerry, who got 41 per cent; more than Gore, who got 43 per cent; and more than Clinton in 1996, who also got 43 percent. Only Jimmy Carter got more: 47 per cent, and of course he was a southern white man.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jon-wiener/white-voters-and-obama_b_140839.html

PermanentSleep
04-21-2011, 04:36 PM
Really? The establishment seems to like to tear the popular down.

+1

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-21-2011, 04:37 PM
The most persecuted people in the world were white "slaves" (the derogatory word for Eastern European Slavs). Yet, as their women are still to this day being captured off the street and sold into worldwide prostitution (slave) rings, they aren't complaining about it in this nation trying to be politically thought of as the most pathetic people in the world.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-21-2011, 04:50 PM
It's ok for all of us to know Ron is not racist but, I am telling you.... this is part of the talking points.

By Jewish law, regulations, and traditions, Christ Himself had to behave racist. He wasn't allowed to touch a Gentile as they were thought of as dogs. You want proof by touching. In other words, has Ron Paul ever kissed a black baby? Christ could only touch most of the people, the Gentiles, by speaking His Gospel to them. Yet, His Gospel was superior to His old law and His New Covenant superceded his old ten commandments.
If I had a choice between shooting my own flesh and blood and shooting you, I'd shoot you like a dog. This doesn't mean that you are a dog or that my son is better than you. I'm just naturally selfish. My family comes first. White people look more like my family than black people do. The same is true of all races.
Thing is, we solve our problems, not by acting pretentious, but by getting them out in the open. Unfortunately, the only places where we can solve our problems in this way are, in order, a redneck bar, a psychoanalyist, a church, a forum, the press, and. lastly, an institution of higher learning (university).

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-21-2011, 04:53 PM

hand raised.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 04:57 PM
hand raised.

You didn't comment prior to question raised. BUT, since you are here.... does the race card have any cred anymore, in your opinion? I know it does in the south.

sailingaway
04-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Exactly. If some of you forget:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3O2rBz9gwo

Have you read Ron's new book? He addresses that. I hope Maddow reads it.

As for us, we say it's bogus, and let them try to make something of it. It is nonsense.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-21-2011, 05:11 PM

We should be discussing the ways in which we can all solve our problems on the local level, not about the ways one half of us can screw the other half on the Federal level. There is something philosophically self evident in every human being. This is why our early Founding Fathers rejected the idea of the two party system. The two party system helped determine constitutionality however as, in its infancy, the Supreme Court didn't know what to do with itself.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-21-2011, 05:17 PM
You didn't comment prior to question raised. BUT, since you are here.... does the race card have any cred anymore, in your opinion? I know it does in the south.

The south is a true transitional zone when compared to the north. Look, there is nothing entertaining about forcing everyone to suffer whether that be by way of prejudice or by way of pretentiousness. In the end, it has always been the people who have suffered from tyranny, not blackies who have suffered from whities. We have been distracted by materialism from the long standing endeavor of improving the social contract between the people and their government.
By the way, I am a member of the people. What does this mean? Well, I'm not doing okay. I'm disillusioned. Because my nation isn't doing so well, I'm not doing so well.
You know, that kind of thing.

QueenB4Liberty
04-21-2011, 05:18 PM
Have you read Ron's new book? He addresses that. I hope Maddow reads it.

As for us, we say it's bogus, and let them try to make something of it. It is nonsense.

I'm only on Keynesian but the chapter you are talking about is discrimination right?

Hasn't Rand already said the same thing? I don't think Maddow cares.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
The south is a true transitional zone when compared to the north. Look, there is nothing entertaining about forcing everyone to suffer whether that be by way of prejudice or by way of pretentiousness. In the end, it has always been the people who have suffered from tyranny, not blackies who have suffered from whities. We have been distracted by materialism from the long standing endeavor of improving the social contract between the people and their government.
By the way, I am a member of the people. What does this mean? Well, I'm not doing okay. I'm disillusioned. Because my nation isn't doing so well, I'm not doing so well.
You know, that kind of thing.

I'm someone who works in Marketing and image..... I know what they will do.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-21-2011, 05:27 PM
I'm someone who works in Marketing and image..... I know what they will do.

So, then you know good and well that 98% of my puritanical ancestors living up in Maine are not prejudice? I am from Texas where my state has always been transitional meaning that we actually go through the pains of prejudice because, well, we aren't 98% white. That is what I mean by saying that the south is a transitional zone. Mexican Americans get belittled by their southern Mexican ancestors for being poorly cultured just like Anglo Americans get belittled by our northern Anglo ancestors. African Americans in the south are also thought to be poorly cultured by African Americans living elsewhere.
See, this is reality, not something that is read a few thousand miles away in a book.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 05:29 PM
So, then you know good and well that 98% of my puritanical ancestors living up in Maine are not prejudice? I am from Texas where my state has always been transitional meaning that we actually go through the pains of prejudice because, well, we aren't 98% white. That is what I mean by saying that the south is a transitional zone. Mexican Americans get belittled by their southern Mexican ancestors for being poorly cultured just like Anglo Americans get belittled by our northern Anglo ancestors. African Americans in the south are also thought to be poorly cultured by African Americans living elsewhere.
See, this is reality, not something that is read a few thousand miles away in a book.

OH, don't get me started on this topic. I can go on about this for days! My family was here around Jamestown and some were white slaves from England.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-21-2011, 05:36 PM
OH, don't get me started on this topic. I can go on about this for days! My family was here around Jamestown and some were white slaves from England.

No, don't get me wrong here. I'm for solutions on the local level. There are thousands, upon millions, upon billions and trillions of solutions we can utilize to solve all our problems in helping us all live happier lives as a nation. The huge problem is just getting government back to the local level from the Federal level.
We can only do that by abstaining from all legal precedence. This means legislating as few laws, administering as few policies, and judicially reviewing as few arguments as possible. Judge not lest yee be judged.

sailingaway
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm only on Keynesian but the chapter you are talking about is discrimination right?

Hasn't Rand already said the same thing? I don't think Maddow cares.

No, what Ron did was make people look as cheap as they are for trying to spin political views that are not racism as racism or something similarly nasty. He did it beautifully.

He never once mentioned Maddow, but I would guess he now holds her in fairly deep contempt.

James Madison
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM
*raises hand*

BlackTerrel
04-21-2011, 08:38 PM
That's not playing the race card. Saying that "I think that we clearly have shown that we are colorblind. Colorblind and we’re not a discriminate (sic) nation." is absurd.

Yes most people are not racist, the vast majority are not. But to deny it exists and to say that we are all colorblind is equally naive. I don't obsess my life over it - people who want to blame others or discrimination for their plight are losers who will never get anywhere (whether they are white, black, or purple) but to claim it doesn't exist is absurd.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 08:41 PM
I don't think he said it doesn't exist. He was giving a reason he thinks the Fair Standards practice was overboard. A bad reason (because it wasn't eloquent).

jmdrake
04-21-2011, 08:45 PM
to Ron Paul?

Well Gary kind of brought that on himself. The FLSA isn't about race. It's about minimum wage and child labor. And it was passed in freaking 1938 when even the U.S. military was still segregated. Gary was asked a question about working conditions and minimum wage laws and instead of making a case for why they are not needed he drove himself into a politically correct "we are now a colorblind society" minefield. Not very bright.

I don't think he said it doesn't exist. He was giving a reason he thinks the Fair Standards practice was overboard. A bad reason (because it wasn't eloquent).

This goes beyond a lack of eloquence. He was off subject. He talked about racial discrimination when the question was about minimum wage, child labor and overtime.

rich34
04-21-2011, 08:55 PM
to Ron Paul?

Here we go again.. Go lay down somewhere...

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 08:56 PM
Well Gary kind of brought that on himself. The FLSA isn't about race. It's about minimum wage and child labor. And it was passed in freaking 1938 when even the U.S. military was still segregated. Gary was asked a question about working conditions and minimum wage laws and instead of making a case for why they are not needed he drove himself into a politically correct "we are now a colorblind society" minefield. Not very bright.

This goes beyond a lack of eloquence. He was off subject. He talked about racial discrimination when the question was about minimum wage, child labor and overtime.
Yeah. This wasn't very good. Still, proves the overall point. They will try to paint anyone of our ilk as racist. Malcolm X always warned about the white liberal.

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Here we go again.. Go lay down somewhere...

You are right. No one will pull his "Civil War wasn't about slavery" quote.

FTR, he's correct in his assessment of history (I'm a huge fan of WIlberforce's struggle in England) but, people are only going to listen to soundbites:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1DmhRBHZrKc

Matt Collins
04-21-2011, 10:28 PM
I hope Ron and Gary back each other's points up in the debate and attack the neo-cons instead of tearing each other downDo you really see Ron attacking Gary? :rolleyes:

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 10:30 PM
Do you really see Ron attacking Gary? :rolleyes:

Shockingly Matt..... you've been a sane voice. Neither men will attack each other.

specsaregood
04-21-2011, 10:35 PM

FTR, he's correct in his assessment of history (I'm a huge fan of WIlberforce's struggle in England) but, people are only going to listen to soundbites:

Funny you should say that. Here is the followup interview with DL Hughley who was a panelist on the show that night.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bTRZStkAOx4&feature=player_embedded

S.Shorland
04-21-2011, 10:55 PM
He tells the story of how he was the only surgeon available when a woman was brought in with a massive haemorrhage and she had minutes to live.It was up to him alone to save her.Both the woman and the child survived.He never mentioned their colour.I wonder if she was black?

BamaFanNKy
04-21-2011, 11:25 PM
I am one of 25 people who watched the DL Hughley CNN show.

Actually, someone should cut some of that up for a short video. The part Iraq and 2011 is good.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-22-2011, 03:42 PM
That's not playing the race card. Saying that "I think that we clearly have shown that we are colorblind. Colorblind and we’re not a discriminate (sic) nation." is absurd.

Yes most people are not racist, the vast majority are not. But to deny it exists and to say that we are all colorblind is equally naive. I don't obsess my life over it - people who want to blame others or discrimination for their plight are losers who will never get anywhere (whether they are white, black, or purple) but to claim it doesn't exist is absurd.

And the reason you are not racist is because:
1) genetics?
2) eduation?
3) lack of education?
4) superior diet?
Is a racist who he or she is because they are imbred, taught to act so by their parents, lack an education in how to behave better, and, finally, eat meals using corn as their staple?
As I see it, people think of the new version of the racist, just as people once thought of the old negro man who, it was once thought, had a dispositional tendency to rummage around out back in the woodpile while also stealing watermelons.

rich34
04-22-2011, 03:46 PM

Oh well dude what's your point?? They're going to do whatever they're going to do, it is what it is. Who should we support then since Ron is so obviously tarnished, Gary WHO, or Huckabee?

BamaFanNKy
04-22-2011, 03:48 PM
Oh well dude what's your point?? They're going to do whatever they're going to do, it is what it is. Who should we support then since Ron is so obviously tarnished, Gary WHO, or Huckabee?

Wow. SOme of you guys are kinda thick. I'm saying be prepared, have your message ready..... THEY ARE GOING TO HIT HARDER THIS TIME! Jesus, some of you need to realize we learn to fine tune our message here.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-22-2011, 04:08 PM

I disagree with congressman Ron Paul that Rush Limbaugh should be thought of as a philosopher. Philosophic persons in ancient Greece were the ones who believed in a "natural law" like truth which was something that reduced down to a single soul, bipartisanly speaking. By pushing a republican conservative agenda, Rush Limbaugh is thinking sophistical. As much as I hate to admit it, Rush probably doesn't even know the differences between a philosopher and a sophist. In explaining the differences, Rush would lose a lot of his audience. He would have to dance around the issue giving only general definitions of the differences between philostication and sophistication. Isn't he nothing more than a highly paid entertainer? A spokesman who uses writers just as Obama utilizes them? He wasn't benefiting as well financially back when things were going good for the Republicans. He is also a key figure whose efforts have helped Washington divide and conquer the people, pushing the notion that it is possible for half of the American people to solve their problems on the Federal level by utilizing a government of lawyers to sue the other half out of business, and helping out with shifting power away from the states towards that of the Federal level.
In all these years Rush Limbaugh has been around, how has he helped things get any better?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-22-2011, 04:15 PM
Wow. SOme of you guys are kinda thick. I'm saying be prepared, have your message ready..... THEY ARE GOING TO HIT HARDER THIS TIME! Jesus, some of you need to realize we learn to fine tune our message here.

Message? I reduce things down to their most basic truths. Our Founders did the same in confronting a tyrant. I've done the same thing on reducing the truths down to his inverse. Ask any prostitute living on the street and she will tell you not to say anything. Challenge the authority accusing you and they will beat you down on every level. In the end, it is the Truth that wins out as it is the one true power and, so, it is sufficient.
This means we don't need any more messages. Just proclaim the Truth and those in charge will realize they will be held accountable for their actions.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-22-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah. This wasn't very good. Still, proves the overall point. They will try to paint anyone of our ilk as racist. Malcolm X always warned about the white liberal.

Once again, the most persecuted people to ever live were the Slavs (slaves). Yet, there isn't a NAASP (National Association for the Advancement of Slavic People). Slavs don't complain and compete with other races in trying to persuade popular opinon that their race is the most pathetic one in the world (you know who you are).
You have to ignore those who create issues that distract people away from the social contract. The confrontation is tyranny against the people and not rich against poor, black against white, male against female, wife against husband, and parent against child.
On one end of the spectrum is a sovereign king who owns everything because of his birthright. On the other end of it is a condemned prostitute who owns nothing because of her lack of one. When we reduce life to this, then tyranny is exposed to certain truths in its conscience. This is why those ruling over the people of the United States as their necessary tyranny will one day be held to a higher penalty under God's judgement.

dannno
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
A poll this month found that nearly half of Republicans in Mississippi want to ban interracial marriage.

Holy fuck what is wrong with people.

BamaFanNKy
04-22-2011, 04:33 PM
Once again, the most persecuted people to ever live were the Slavs (slaves). Yet, there isn't a NAASP (National Association for the Advancement of Slavic People). Slavs don't complain and compete with other races in trying to persuade popular opinon that their race is the most pathetic one in the world (you know who you are).
You have to ignore those who create issues that distract people away from the social contract. The confrontation is tyranny against the people and not rich against poor, black against white, male against female, wife against husband, and parent against child.
On one end of the spectrum is a sovereign king who owns everything because of his birthright. On the other end of it is a condemned prostitute who owns nothing because of her lack of one. When we reduce life to this, then tyranny is exposed to certain truths in its conscience. This is why those ruling over the people of the United States as their necessary tyranny will one day be held to a higher penalty under God's judgement.

I get where your going with your point and it's all well and nice. I'm not discussing philosophy. I am discussing winning a political/media campaign. Try the explanation above in a media or marketing sense and watch eyes roll.

I agree with you but, just operating in the actual universe we currently reside in.

BamaFanNKy
04-22-2011, 04:34 PM

Um. That poll was heavily weighted toward an older population. It's a pretty BS poll in that Mississippi has a ton of old racists. Most young (18-49) GOP don't care about this.

Travlyr
04-22-2011, 04:49 PM

Publicly schooled.

BamaFanNKy
04-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Publicly segregated schooled.

FIFY

Seriously, there was a movie that shows how messed up Mississippi can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_zAEGAZoFQ

It's a weird state, this is what Ron talks about in the Civil War comments.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-22-2011, 06:09 PM
I get where your going with your point and it's all well and nice. I'm not discussing philosophy. I am discussing winning a political/media campaign. Try the explanation above in a media or marketing sense and watch eyes roll.

I agree with you but, just operating in the actual universe we currently reside in.

Singing songs together actually brings people to doing what rationality claims to be able to do for them. They bring people to realize something within themselves that they recognize as formal truths. See, I know exactly what you are stating. You assume that I'm being impractical in some manner, but that isn't quite true. What I recognize is how people will never hit the target of an apple in a tree or acheive a high standard, by aiming directly at the targets and the high standard. In order to hit the target, we have to be envisioned and empowered to aim for the ideal of a blue sky. When aiming upwards at the sky, we can then hit the target and the higher standard.
Legal precedence today has darkened our skies. The Grandmasters put on this earth to serve us are pleasuring and glorifying themselves in the winning of games against little boys. Modern science has abandoned the people's Civil Purpose.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Um. That poll was heavily weighted toward an older population. It's a pretty BS poll in that Mississippi has a ton of old racists. Most young (18-49) GOP don't care about this.

Try discussing a topic without using the N (igger) and the R (acist) words. It is difficult indeed. First, you have to assume that most everyone in the past did get along regardless of what fictional literary history claims. Next, you have to understand that a few bad apples in the barrel will spoil the whole lot.
We will never solve our problems in a black and white world. Such an endeavor is not serious as in uphill in its thinking, but it is casual as in downhill. Uphill thinking is the kind fruitful in regards to the people's Civil Purpose. We need to be held responsible. We need to recognize how serious this all is. This is like mountain climbing. We need to be as economical in our movements as there isn't much room for wasted effort. No need to discuss much even. Being quiet is a blessing. Watch and be careful of what you read. There is a lot of poison out there.

jmdrake
04-22-2011, 06:50 PM

Actually, someone should cut some of that up for a short video. The part Iraq and 2011 is good.

It was all good. And I've seen a short version that just talks about the civil war. But it's the RP package that is so appealing. Ron didn't just talk about the civil war and slavery.[1] He talked about trillions we spend on the American empire and that Obama isn't willing to end it or end these wars. He talked about how the bailouts really only helped WallStreet. (DL was trying hard to straddle the fence on that one). That is how you beat the "race card". Don't spend all your time trying to convince black people "the south was right". Instead spend the majority of the time showing how you are different from most republicans. Every black person I've ever met appreciates Ron Paul's sincerity, even the ones who wouldn't vote for him.

[1] By the way, in the DL clip he said the civil war wasn't just about slavery as opposed to saying "it wasn't about slavery" like he did to Marr. I think the former is a more accurate view of history.

BlackTerrel
04-22-2011, 06:54 PM
and the reason you are not racist is because:
1) genetics?
2) eduation?
3) lack of education?
4) superior diet?
Is a racist who he or she is because they are imbred, taught to act so by their parents, lack an education in how to behave better, and, finally, eat meals using corn as their staple?
As i see it, people think of the new version of the racist, just as people once thought of the old negro man who, it was once thought, had a dispositional tendency to rummage around out back in the woodpile while also stealing watermelons.

huh?

BlackTerrel
04-22-2011, 06:56 PM

Really? Were slavs in the US ever not allowed to vote? Was it against the law for slavs to marry non-slavs?

We live in the US and this is our history.

BamaFanNKy
04-22-2011, 06:56 PM
huh?

Sometimes..... we just won't understand.

JCLibertarian
04-22-2011, 11:15 PM
I wouldn't even bother addressing accusations of racism, because they distract from important political and economic issues. But that is the whole point, "left wingers", want to distract and shift the debate away from policy issues and towards personal attacks which cannot be proven either way. So instead of talking about the income tax, or monetary policy, or state/jury nullification, you end up where you were before the argument, and you were never able to expose the flaws in their actual policies which are indefensible in terms of a debate. Either embrace the term "racist" as a term of endearment like gays did with "***" or blacks did with "nigga", and maybe the venom behind the word will disappear, otherwise just ignore it and use their attacks in proving to others that they don't want to address the real issues at hand.

JCLibertarian
04-22-2011, 11:35 PM
FIFY

Seriously, there was a movie that shows how messed up Mississippi can be:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_zAEGAZoFQ

It's a weird state, this is what Ron talks about in the Civil War comments.

It's horrendous people are forced to pay through extortion by the state for this nonsense, that is the real crime here. In a free market society, there could be mixed schools, white only schools, and black only schools, and no one would be forced to pay for school activities they do not endorse. But the fact is, on a free market, there is no financial incentive to discriminate, and wide ranging discrimination over large tracts of land only exists through legislation passed by the state. Firms will lose business in a true free market to firms who do not discriminate, and have a smaller portion of the market share if they restrict their pool of customers and potential workers; not saying they shouldn't be allowed to discriminate, they should, but they will pay by losing business or going out of business. The fact is, free markets trend towards multiculturalism and integration into greater and more complex structures of production

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
04-23-2011, 11:58 PM
Really? Were slavs in the US ever not allowed to vote? Was it against the law for slavs to marry non-slavs?

We live in the US and this is our history.

Slavs were the most persecuted of all slaves as that is where the derogatory name came from. They must have been mistreated even more than the Hebrews under bondage to the Egyptians because they were also referred to as slaves in the Old Testament, which is a strange paradox indeed. The uncomely Africans brought to Europe and the New World under bondage weren't referred to as "Hebrewers.
Let's not lose focus of the real issue. The issue here is and always will be tyranny and the people as it has always been about tyranny and the people. As I am at a disadvantage and disillusioned today, and as the people have always been so to tyranny, then I really don't have any time and effort to waste.

(Honestly, my ancestors have about as much to do with me as black ancestors have to do with African Americans living today. According to my Civil Purpose, I cannot be held responsible for the actions of my ancestors as the purpose for living my life is not to be condemned by the past but to be happy in the future. But if you want to be legal about it, then let's read the whole book about what happened in the past and not just about that part which is convenient for whatever our agenda might be. If the roles were reversed and my ancestors sold me and eleven of my brothers for the sum total of a horse, you wouldn't transport me back to Africa and then sell my brothers and I for the price of a dog. No! You wouldn't have even bothered to purchase and transport me unless I was worth more to you. So, what does that mean? Well, it means the reason for my being sold into slavery was because of my ancestors who thought less of me than you did. Though you might treat me like an animal, at least you aren't treating me as less than one (1/12th of a horse.)

Depressed Liberator
04-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Which is comical and Jack Hunter slayed recently.

Jack Hunter is racist/xenophobic towards Muslims.

Qdog
04-24-2011, 12:37 AM
All I have to say is: Ron Paul 2012!!! :) No, seriously though, this racism stuff is baloney. Ron and Rand are heroes for being brave enough to stand up there and speak the truth about slavery, the civil war, and the civil rights act... even if the mainstream media doesn't agree! :)

BamaAla
04-24-2011, 03:36 AM
:eek: I don't think Gary is a racist individual, but he has to know if he's going to hang a curve, someone's gonna take it for a ride.

specsaregood
04-24-2011, 09:03 AM

Well the relevent portion starts at 7:55 into the video. The point was not the ratings of the DL Hughley show, but rather the fact that Dr. Paul making that statement about the civil war on the Maher show shocked some BUT at the same time woke them up into considering other possibilities -- even those likely biased towards being upset by his civil war comment.