PDA

View Full Version : How to explain Don Black donation?

Noog
10-25-2007, 09:03 PM
I didn't find any posts discussing this, so forgive me if there are. According to h ttp://lonestartimes.com/2007/10/25/rpb1/ Don Black donated $500 to RP. Is RP going to return that donation? If not, do other candidates get donations from undesirables like this? I'm just looking for a way to explain this to people if this comes up.

Mortikhi
The message of freedom is popular.

terlinguatx

noxagol
I think it is stupid to judge a candidate based on who donates to him. A person cannot control who wants to give them money.

ladyliberty
10-25-2007, 09:04 PM
Who is Don Black???

john_anderson_ii
10-25-2007, 09:05 PM
If a donation from Don Black is the worst thing someone who is intentionally trying to smear Ron Paul can come up with, I'd just laugh at them.

angelatc
10-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Who is Don Black???

I had to look it up, but apparently he is a white supremacist.

ksuguy
10-25-2007, 09:06 PM
Then that is a very ironic last name for him.

TechnoGuyRob
10-25-2007, 09:07 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Black

Three people.

FrankRep
Thought Crime Alert!

Thought Crime Alert!

Thought Crime Alert!

Thought Crime Alert!

goRPaul
Who is Don Black???

Apparently he's a white supremacist. If anyone brings it up, just say that RP does better than any other republican among black voters.

me3
10-25-2007, 09:08 PM
It's irrelevant and for a trivial amount (for the campaign to re-donate or refund).

Don't get caught up in this, the only people to defend it to are the haters, and they are meant to distract us from getting our man elected.

ladyliberty
10-25-2007, 09:09 PM
Is his middle name "ain't" ???

American
10-25-2007, 09:11 PM
I didn't find any posts discussing this, so forgive me if there are. According to h ttp://lonestartimes.com/2007/10/25/rpb1/ Don Black donated $500 to RP. Is RP going to return that donation? If not, do other candidates get donations from undesirables like this? I'm just looking for a way to explain this to people if this comes up.

If you support Ron Paul then you have NO RESPONSIBILITY for ANYONE else who donates to Ron Paul, I just dont understand this entire line of thinking....

Freedom is popular, by EVERYONE.

TVMH
10-25-2007, 09:39 PM
No explanation needed. It's a free country, and Don Black isn't a felon. Paul didn't ask for the money and now it will go towards the more noble cause of spreading liberty in this country. I would ignore the hate mongers that dig up this trivial dirt because they can't argue with Paul's ideas.

And BTW Paul is the leading Republican among African Americans, and as a doctor he has shown nothing but compassion for all races. He delivered hundreds of minority children as a OB doctor for absolutely NOTHING, because he cares about humanity and their parents couldn't afford to pay.
This is not a big deal, just ignore it. Trust me we freak out over the smallest criticism of our hero iI know :)

I think that site is trolling for hate-mail.

TooConservative
10-25-2007, 10:07 PM
I don't care for taking the guy's money. We don't need it that bad.

OTOH, many campaigns have very dicey donors. Normally, campaings keep most any donation unless an opponent or the press brings up the donation and criticizes them.

RonPaulIsGood
10-26-2007, 03:00 PM
I think it is stupid to judge a candidate based on who donates to him. A person cannot control who wants to give them money.

We are ALL "stupid" in most ways.

beerista
10-26-2007, 03:49 PM
Personally, I'd ignore these smear tactics for the most part. But if dragged into it or if some detractor keeps making noise about it, trying to undermine your good work with those willing to listen amiably, I'd probably jump in with something like the following:

1. The people who make a big deal out of it obviously (and correctly) think that this Black guy is an idiot. In the next breath they'll try to tell you that Black thinks that he'll gain some benefit for his cause by having Dr. Paul in office. But we've already conceded that he's an idiot. You can't have it both ways. He probably does expect to get some benefit from Dr. Paul's presidency, but it's clear that he's wrong about that and just too stupid to know the difference. I might donate to Hillary thinking that I'm going to get a pony out of the deal, but that doesn't make it true.

2. As to the donation, would these detractors consider that it is better to let this particular fool keep his money, with which he might do harm by acting on his idiotic ideas or for Dr. Paul to keep it and put it to good, racially equitable use?

RickSp
10-26-2007, 05:56 PM
I regret to say that I just listened to Don Black's weekly podcast. What an odious bastard. A racist son-of-a-bitch who denies being a racist among other things. He is also boring as hell. Unfortunately it was late in his blathering that he addresses the controversy over Stormfront radio's support for Ron Paul.

It might have been best if the campaign sent Black's check back but overall it shouldn't make much difference. The only good news is that apparently the Stormfront knuckle draggers are very upset by the criticism of Stormfront's support.

Unfortunately, they have posted a Ron Paul banner at the bottom of the Stormfront message pages. With friends like these ....

RJB
10-26-2007, 06:23 PM
I did a search on that forum and they support him for many of the same reasons that most Americans do. They like RP stance on the border, and they are against entanglements in the mid east.

Granted we're against the wars in the mid east because it's unconstitutional. They are against it because it's run by the "Jews." We're for secured borders for economics, security etc. They are for secured borders to keep brown people out.

Basically, like us, they see Ron Paul as the most sincere candidate.

I did find it funny that some were angered that Bill Maher, Cindy Sheehan and others of that "slime" (their words) were for him. However that didn't stop their support for RP. Co-incidentally, Don Black's support doesn't stop my support for the good Dr. either.

inibo
10-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Funny how people always tell radicals to "work within the system." So here we have one doing that and the answer is "we don't want you in our system."

Liberty for a$$h0le$ or liberty for none. Take your pick.

Corydoras
10-26-2007, 07:00 PM
People will support him for all sorts of "reasons." Racist slime who support him are not actually more irrational than people who support him because he's a doctor with eighteen grandchildren and a nice smile. They have the right to vote on the basis of whatever they think is relevant, no matter what contempt we have for their other beliefs.

jmarinara
10-26-2007, 09:22 PM
Don Black is slime, no doubt.

Guess what, if RP wins hes going to need about 50 million votes or so (I think that's what Bush got in 04, please correct me if I'm wrong). I'd say about a million of those votes will be from some slime ball people who none of us want any part of. Would anyone really say that Paul should turn down those votes?

Why would it be different for money? It's not like Paul is considering this scum bag for VP or anything.

Sheesh.

RickSp
10-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Would anyone really say that Paul should turn down those votes?

If 10,000 Stormfront knuckle-dragger votes result in Dr. Paul losing a million non-racist votes I would say that yes, he should turn down their support. Overall the folks are Stormfront are so marginalized that I don't think that whatever they do will matter.