PDA

View Full Version : Weigel: Ron Paul's Progress

sailingaway
04-21-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.slate.com/BLOGS/blogs/weigel/archive/2011/04/21/ron-paul-s-progress.aspx

Lucille
04-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Needless to say, it's not a term I use anymore. The friends and relatives of mentally disabled people are right on this one.

He has more class than the RedState fascists who partnered with the wankerteers to smear and mock RP, and who still use the term "Paultard" to this day.

Aldanga
04-21-2011, 02:22 PM
I don't get why people get so offended over the word or variations of the word retarded. I have retarded relatives and friends and the word has never bothered me, or the other people I know. What's the big fuss about?

tangent4ronpaul
04-21-2011, 03:18 PM
He has more class than the RedState fascists who partnered with the wankerteers to smear and mock RP, and who still use the term "Paultard" to this day.

I doubt the original Wonkett would ever have used that term. She sold her site, just like HuffPo just did.

I never got the suffix of that term, till now - always associated it with a variation of "turd". Wonder what association most place on it?

Lucille
04-21-2011, 03:46 PM
I doubt the original Wonkett would ever have used that term. She sold her site, just like HuffPo just did.

I never got the suffix of that term, till now - always associated it with a variation of "turd". Wonder what association most place on it?

Ken Layne was in charge when they partnered up. Weigel explains "Paultard" in that piece:

So when I sent an e-mail to the old listserv referring to "Paultards," what did I mean? I was using a term that had been coined at some point in 2007 -- possibly by Wonkette -- to refer to the most intense supporters of Ron Paul. At the time, Paul's support seemed to come out of nowhere, and his fans took over the Internet in a way that mystified a lot of Republicans. Paul would win every online poll, and every post-debate poll. By late 2007, news networks that ran the polls were dismissive of their own results. Who were these people who could get 40 percent in an online poll for a candidate running at 5 or 6 percent? They preferred to be called "Paulites" or "Paulians." But the derisive "Paultard" term was unkillable.

tangent4ronpaul
04-21-2011, 04:09 PM
Ken Layne was in charge when they partnered up. Weigel explains "Paultard" in that piece:

I got that - just saying it has more than one poss meaning