PDA

View Full Version : Unions attempts to stop Boeing from building planes in Right To Work SC

White Bear Lake
04-20-2011, 03:23 PM
This is why I hate unions:

CHICAGO, April 20, 2011 /PRNewswire/ -- The Boeing Company said it will vigorously contest a complaint brought before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) today by the leadership of the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers (IAM). The complaint challenges Boeing's 2009 decision to complement its production capacity in Washington state with a new assembly plant in South Carolina and seeks to force Boeing to place its second 787 final assembly line in Puget Sound instead of Charleston.

Union officials have been pressing the NLRB for more than a year to bring forward the complaint and force Boeing to abandon plans to produce three 787 airplanes per month in the company's new North Charleston, S.C., factory and build them instead in Puget Sound. With today's action by the NLRB's acting general counsel, the board now will begin a formal proceeding to hear the IAM's allegations.

http://boeing.mediaroom.com/index.php?s=43&item=1714

sailingaway
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
They had better cut it out or boeing will end up making them in Canada....

tsai3904
04-20-2011, 04:39 PM
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-04-20/boeing-should-move-2nd-787-line-to-washington-u-s-board-says.html

Boeing said it has the right to build factories outside the Seattle area.

It's pretty ridiculous that Boeing has to defend it's right to build factories where it wants.

“This is a huge victory for all American workers,” Tom Wroblewski, president of Seattle-based Local 751, said in an interview. “It’s about a worker’s legal right to be in a union without retaliation. They broke the law.”

Victory for all American workers? I think he meant for workers in his union in Seattle.

justinc.1089
04-20-2011, 05:03 PM
Ugh!

I want to work for Boeing in Charleston when I graduate in a year! We don't have many jobs around here that are above entry level paying more than like $7.50 an hour...

This really ticks me off. I don't want to have to go work somewhere with a union either. I would rather be payed less and not be a union member than be a union member and be paid more, unless the difference was extreme.

UtahApocalypse
04-20-2011, 05:14 PM
Ugh!

I want to work for Boeing in Charleston when I graduate in a year! We don't have many jobs around here that are above entry level paying more than like $7.50 an hour...

This really ticks me off. I don't want to have to go work somewhere with a union either. I would rather be payed less and not be a union member than be a union member and be paid more, unless the difference was extreme.

Make sure to pass this information to others in SC: Also you probably make more in the union.... untilo after the union dues which make up for the difference in most cases.