PDA

View Full Version : Obama Administration Tried to Convince S&P Not to Issue Credit Warning

qh4dotcom
04-20-2011, 02:36 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/04/20/obama-officials-tried-convince-sp-issue-credit-warning/

Stary Hickory
04-20-2011, 02:53 PM
Of course they did.I guess the S&P wants to retain some minute bit of respectability. The AAA status should have disappeared long ago.

goRPaul
04-20-2011, 03:03 PM
Who knows what they talked about in private. Maybe they flat out asked them to lower the credit rating.

osan
04-20-2011, 07:35 PM
Of course they did.I guess the S&P wants to retain some minute bit of respectability. The AAA status should have disappeared long ago.

Unfortunately, their key role in melting down this economy is long forgotten. I don't think they give a shit what people think.

This deal has a bit of the circus stink on it. Could be part of a psychological primer operation to grease up public expectation in a particular direction. I cannot find in me to trust that anything we see in any aspect of the political arena is organic. It seems to me that just about every event has the taint upon it in some way and degree.

AuH20
04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
Since Obama fudges the unemployment numbers, he thinks he can manipulate the economical data.

Agorism
04-20-2011, 07:42 PM
Bush harassed the NYTimes into not reporting on Domestic wiretapping for over a year until AFTER Bush won the 04 election.

At that point in time, the liberal editors were so angry that Bush won, they dished it out although it was too late by then.

Agorism
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
Since Obama fudges the unemployment numbers, he thinks he can manipulate the economical data.

Is it compiled differently than it was under Reagan or Carter?

acptulsa
04-20-2011, 07:43 PM
This deal has a bit of the circus stink on it. Could be part of a psychological primer operation to grease up public expectation in a particular direction.

Fleecing the sheep 101: Maintain confidence in the failing until all the insiders are out. 'Water the stock', hide the losses, keep that price up until you've found all the suckers you need. Then let it crash, because your job is done.

acptulsa
04-20-2011, 07:45 PM
Is it compiled differently than it was under Reagan or Carter?

Yes, incrementally. Has been getting skewed since the end of the Great Depression, nearly. Nowadays people whose unemployment has run out are no longer 'unemployed'. The homeless aren't 'unemployed', even though they're not employed.

It's the 'unemployment' ploy.

Agorism
04-20-2011, 07:46 PM
Yes, incrementally. Has been getting skewed since the end of the Great Depression, nearly. Nowadays people whose unemployment has run out are no longer 'unemployed'. The homeless aren't 'unemployed', even though they're not employed.

It's the 'unemployment' ploy.

Reagan and Carter did that too though I assume.

The reason I asked is that the calculation of CPI has changed drastically in the last 20 years although I think employment is roughly calculated the same.

acptulsa
04-20-2011, 08:12 PM
Reagan and Carter did that too though I assume.

No. The Reagan Administration was the one that really began cooking those numbers, and the problem has been getting steadily worse. Numbers from the Carter years are still halfway sane. Same for inflation numbers, as you say. I distinctly remember that they began really cooking both numbers at about the same time.

Sorry I don't have better specifics. But I'm sure.