PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a Talented Flash Web Designer?

Magicman
04-20-2011, 08:48 AM
I have a huge project that could benefit the Ron Paul movement by creating a non-profit social network kind've like Meetup.com but better. Where people can get organized and work together and make massive money bombs like the Ron Paul campaign did.

The difference between this and meetup.com is it will focus on non-profit ways to communicate and solve social issues.

Magicman
04-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Looking for a unique style that could be trendy if I did it right that would look fun, interactive and pull in humanitarian efforts from around the world. I would use it to help Ron Paul as well. I have an idea to create a social network sort've like meetup.com but it's to create a network of non-profit organizations or movements . A lot of different ideas can become a movement. People can donate to these organizations. We could have a haven for people who want to help the world work together and this could bring people together who want to reach the same goal. Also have type of reward system so individuals apart of an idea feel like they gain rewards for helping others out.

Indy Vidual
04-21-2011, 06:22 AM
Your ideas sound good. It's not clear if your looking for a volunteer artist.
If you have a budget try 'Rent-a-coder', flashkit.com, Sitepoint, Craigslist, etc, or maybe someone here will answer.

FYI: Some smartphones and all iPhones cannot view any Flash.
MUCH of what is (was) done with Flash can now be done with HTML5 and CSS3

acptulsa
04-21-2011, 06:23 AM
I think this is a seriously brilliant idea. Can't help but wonder if it's too soon, though. It would be great to answer 'but what will happen to people?' type questons by pointing this out. That said, it will be more needed, and will get more attention, after we get him elected. I do want to see it happen, though. It's just the thing. Teach 'em there really is such a thing as compassionate conservatism.

I wish I had such skillz. I'll put the request on the local meetup, though.

Magicman
04-21-2011, 09:47 AM
I'm being convinced that this might be possible without Flash. I wanted Flash for the interactive portion of it but it wouldnt work with some of the applications out there. The only too much too soon is my budget I'm going to be throwing a music event soon so I can probably afford it.

I'll need all the help I can get. I'm going to use this site as my feedback and I feel like people from this site can hold positions like moderators if need be. I think WE NEED this idea because we can use it to raise millions of dollars for Ron Paul.

daviddee
04-21-2011, 10:05 AM

Libertytree
04-21-2011, 10:26 AM
Stay away from Flash, it crashes a lot of computers and will only serve to irritate and or run off folks you're trying to attract. KISS is the rule of thumb here.

Magicman
04-21-2011, 12:17 PM
If you can dump Flash and use JQuery instead you would be better off.

Flash does not work on most popular mobile devices.

As for finding someone to work with... I highly recommend: www.odesk.com

Thanks for the recommendation.

What do you guys think of this website designer?

http://weareatlarge.com

eduardo89
04-21-2011, 12:24 PM
I'm sure dannno is a flash expert?

tangent4ronpaul
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
Have you checked out reliefweb?

teacherone
04-21-2011, 12:32 PM
I'm sure dannno is a flash expert?

lulz

+ rep