PDA

View Full Version : New Poll Says Obama Will Win As GOP Candidates All Suck

anaconda
04-20-2011, 12:43 AM
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0411/53405.html

sailingaway
04-20-2011, 12:45 AM
But I noticed the GOP satisfaction with GOP candidates in Rand's race sure went up after the primary was over and they were running against the Democrat. There is fractionalization in the primary stage that doesn't necessarily linger after the primary is over.

anaconda
04-20-2011, 12:47 AM
But I noticed the GOP satisfaction with GOP candidates in Rand's race sure went up after the primary was over and they were running against the Democrat. There is fractionalization in the primary stage that doesn't necessarily linger after the primary is over.

Unless the nominee is someone like John McCain (which is almost all of them..). Or unless the military/industrial complex doesn't want a certain nominee to ascend to the presidency.

sailingaway
04-20-2011, 12:49 AM
wet blanket :p

If it isn't Ron I don't know I'd vote for them, I might prefer divided government. If it is Ron, you bet the MIC won't want him. We can only hope the people will.

anaconda
04-20-2011, 03:57 PM
I think this may represent a real opportunity for Ron (or Rand should the case become) since there are so few actual conservatives, coupled with the notion that the RINOs should be ultra easy this time to destroy in the debates. On the other hand, when I did the math in 2007 I reasoned that Ron Paul would stand to be in position to win many state primaries with numbers in the high twenty percentile (due to such a numerous and indistinguishable hoard of neocon contestants that would split their votes). This proved, as we know, to be very incorrect. Will this dynamic repeat itself or has the liberty message spread sufficiently and also perhaps found itself amidst a new set of economic circumstances?