PDA

View Full Version : Founding Fathers Nh Ad Is Ready!!!

max
10-25-2007, 07:40 PM
It looks awesome!

I have it in pdf but I dont know how to paste images in here.... http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/foundersflyer.html

Somebody please post the image here for all to see
The only thing I caught is that George Washington should be displayed first......

If you guys pick up anf small errors or adjustments that can be made let me know. But it's too late in the game for nitpicking. Enough hands have been used to make this soup.

Somebody help me get this posted here...

TAKE A BOW GANG! This will have a huge impact and I'm sure somebody will show it to RP. He'll be proud of us. I still can't believe I raised $6700 from people who are essentially total strangers. Thank you for your trust and your donations.

NO OTHER CANDIDATE HAS SUPPORTERS LIKE THIS!

TechnoGuyRob
10-25-2007, 07:43 PM
technoguyrob@gmail.com

NO ME.

SirNim
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Whoo hoo! Let's have a looksie!

Ibgamer
10-25-2007, 07:48 PM
I wanna see!

bp2519
10-25-2007, 07:49 PM
someone post a link?

max
10-25-2007, 07:52 PM
You can download it here

http://www.ronpaulpostcards.com/foundersflyer.html

somebody paste the image into here because i dont know how

Green Mountain Boy
10-25-2007, 08:00 PM
Here's the image, but I'm confused. What happened to the other version of the founders ad that was already created?

http://travels.i8.com/misc/openletterad.jpg

SirNim
10-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Let's see if I'm first on it...
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/6/openletteradjpgoj2.th.jpg (http://img90.imageshack.us/my.php?image=openletteradjpgoj2.jpg)

KewlRonduderules
10-25-2007, 08:08 PM
Looks good. Question though: Is this going to be a full page ad? If so, is there a enhanced version that is able to make out the letters in the background when it is made larger? They seem a little "blocky"

Lord Xar
10-25-2007, 08:08 PM
well, if the ad isn't "exactly" like the other ad its probably because the paper needs a certain color spectrum... and is within a certain color pallette..

I like Max, good job..

specsaregood
10-25-2007, 08:11 PM
Max, bravo!

Shatterhand
10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I really like that orange and blue color scheme. Looks great. Wonderful work.

:D:):D

Gimme Some Truth
10-25-2007, 08:14 PM
That looks awesome.

Noticed a little error tho :

..warned you you of the dangers of government spending

(the 2 "you"'s)

max
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
That looks awesome.

Noticed a little error tho :

..warned you you of the dangers of government spending

(the 2 "you"'s)

good catch!

LibertyEagle
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
Question: Is the color in the left hand side of the upper ad, orange? It's lookiing kind of like that from here, but who knows. If it is, it doesn't look so great with the red in the ad below. It clashes.

The other question I have is with regard to the text in the FF part of the ad. The text is pretty light and it doesn't stick out so well from the background. Is this going to be ok in the real ad? In this image, it's hard to read.

Actually, I liked the Ad that I thought we were going to use much better. It's just my opinion, but I think adding that stuff at the bottom, really takes away from the power of the FF ad and makes the whole thing much too busy. If everyone else likes it though, it's fine with me.

wgadget
10-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Eyecatching!

Let's hope it catches LOTS of NH eyes!

specsaregood
10-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Actually, I liked the Ad that I thought we were going to use much better. It's just my opinion, but I think adding that stuff at the bottom, really takes away from the power of the FF ad and makes the whole thing much too busy. If everyone else likes it though, it's fine with me.

I thought the bottom stuff was the complete hook. The top the lure. I wouldn't remove it.

KewlRonduderules
10-25-2007, 08:21 PM
I thought the bottom stuff was the complete hook. The top the lure. I wouldn't remove it.

Agreed.

:)

max
10-25-2007, 08:22 PM
Question: Is the color in the left hand side of the upper ad, orange? It's lookiing kind of like that from here, but who knows. If it is, it doesn't look so great with the red in the ad below. It clashes.

The other question I have is with regard to the text in the FF part of the ad. The text is pretty light and it doesn't stick out so well from the background. Is this going to be ok in the real ad? In this image, it's hard to read.

should I take out a few RP bullet points?

My thinking is that on a full broadsheet page it wont look as busy....full page covers a lot of space..

I will also tell them to make the text bolder (or tone down the backround text)....and Washington needs to be displayed first...Jefferson 2nd....Benny 3rd...

anything else gang?...I want to sign off on it tomorrow

Green Mountain Boy
10-25-2007, 08:23 PM

I was going to say the exact same things, I'm glad you mentioned them.

Green Mountain Boy
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
I will also tell them to ...

Who's them?

ItsTime
10-25-2007, 08:24 PM
nice looking I like the ron paul part the best! good job!

max
10-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Agreed.

good analogy...thats how i saw it...

In advertising there's a process known as AIDA

Attention...(The Headline)
Interest..(The letter from the founders)
Desire (Builds as they read about RP)
Action (The appeal to visit the website...view stop dreaming...donate..vote..etc)

The founders present a problem...and the stuff on the bottom offers the solution

Mr. White
10-25-2007, 08:26 PM
The bottom has all the meat. I personally would like to see the social security issue placed higher, but meh, something's gotta be on the bottom. Nice work.

max
Who's them?

the designers at the NH Union Leader

LibertyEagle
The orange/red thing is kind of important, I think, Max.

KewlRonduderules
should I take out a few RP bullet points?

My thinking is that on a full broadsheet page it wont look as busy....full page covers a lot of space..

No! Leave it as is.

I will also tell them to make the text bolder (or tone down the backround text)....and Washington needs to be displayed first...Jefferson 2nd....Benny 3rd.....

It was just my opinion

anything else gang?...I want to sign off on it tomorrow

Fix the double 'you you'

wgadget
10-25-2007, 08:27 PM
Yes, the colors do clash somewhat, but it kinda gives a contrast between the old and the modern. After all, Ron isn't dead and gone like the Founding Fathers, although his ideals reflect them in a cool, modern way. The red draws your eye straight to his photo.

werdd
10-25-2007, 08:28 PM
looks pretty good

max
10-25-2007, 08:29 PM
i'll ask for a red stripe for the founders column......

not only matches the bottom but make a bolder image too (leave it to the lady to catch a color scheme issue!)

good catch

Kap
10-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Excellent work. Can I use this for flyers?

saahmed
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
I think its pretty awesome. It should be used for flyers to put up around town as well.

LibertyEagle
10-25-2007, 08:34 PM
I would definitely have them tone down the background, so that people can read the body of the flyer much more easily. In fact, I'd have them tone down the flag backdrop in the bottom ad too. One last thing. Do you think the red text in the bottom ad is the best? I'm only talking about the bullet points here. I mean, should we be using a different color. Once you get so much red everywhere, the borders, the flag, the text, it somewhat loses its luster and makes it hard to read.

Meatwasp
10-25-2007, 08:39 PM
I Love it!!

Lord Xar
10-25-2007, 08:39 PM
max..

my only criticism is the "writing" underneath the display text.. the constitution text.. since it is so pixelated underneath it sorta looks too confusing and cluttered. what do you think? I think the original, you could tell it was the constitution underneath so its presence made sense, but the pixelated competing text underneath isn't obvious so to me, it distracts..

I'd like to see what it looks like without it.... just my 2 cents.

LibertyEagle
10-25-2007, 08:44 PM
Just so we can look at the background...

http://www.unitedforliberty.com/assets/front.jpg

LibertyEagle
10-25-2007, 08:46 PM
The newspaper probably can't do that kind of background as was used in the flyer.

I think Lord Xar may have a point. The newspaper ad may look better and be more readable, without the background in the upper part.

max
10-25-2007, 08:48 PM
max..

my only criticism is the "writing" underneath the display text.. the constitution text.. since it is so pixelated underneath it sorta looks too confusing and cluttered. what do you think? I think the original, you could tell it was the constitution underneath so its presence made sense, but the pixelated competing text underneath isn't obvious so to me, it distracts..

I'd like to see what it looks like without it.... just my 2 cents.

I will tell them to either embolden the letter text or tone down the background

RCA
10-25-2007, 09:01 PM
I'm sure most people on this forum actually know who's portraits are on the flyer but your average Joe will not. I suggest adding the names underneath each portrait, you know, for Sheeple clarification, maybe in a script font.

CAKochenash
10-25-2007, 09:31 PM
i would scratch "Please show this ad to at least 5 people."

We need to be confident the message will sell itself...

wgadget
10-25-2007, 09:32 PM
I second that. ^^^

Unnecessary. EVERYBODY reads the paper in NH, right?

seapilot
10-25-2007, 09:46 PM
How about "warned you" to just "warned" since "you" is used in the context of the rest of the sentence. I second putting the names under the founders as most have only seen thier picture on FRN. Over all it LOOKS EXCELLENT and makes one think seriously again about their wise advice when you read it!