PDA

View Full Version : My pledge of allegiance.

freshjiva
04-19-2011, 08:38 PM
I know a few of you may scoff at this post, but I am posting this here because it's nothing but the truth flowing from my heart.

I just came to a sort of "epiphany" of sorts. I have been following the Liberty movement for about 15 months now, and since then, having doing nothing but reeducating myself about the idea, and more importantly, the implications of liberty and a truly free market society.

It has changed my life and worldview. I have found myself skeptical of everything I hear in the media and government. I've began adopting a minimalist lifestyle fit for libertarian, "off-the-grid" living.

But I realized one thing in particular: I've never been so inspired by a politician as I have been by Dr. Ron Paul. In every way, he is an anomaly - happily married, family oriented, unafraid to tell the truth, honest, uncorrupted, and consistent. He is a visionary.

I hate to idolize the man, but I just can't help but give this man the highest praise.

I would die for Ron Paul. Thus is my pledge of allegiance; not to Ron Paul as a person, but to the cause of Liberty for which he himself taken an oath to uphold. Ron Paul is Liberty, and Liberty is Ron Paul.

Carehn
04-19-2011, 09:08 PM
May be just a bit over the top to put in writing but i know most of us have had our own moments of understanding and such... it that makes any.

Just know that you can never be ignorant again. I remember when i 1st woke up about 6 years ago... I look back on 6 years of constant growth. You cant ever again cast aside this new found knowledge of yours. Your cursed lol

Just do what ever it is you do the best you can. If your a candle stick maker then make candles for liberty. And keep reading. You will come to find that the most awesome stuff you will ever read has been written many moons ago and scoffed at or forgotten.

Just didn't want this post to slide away without any recognition.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-19-2011, 09:19 PM
I concur.

(I would take out the phrase "die for" though - even if it's true. People will take that wrong and accuse Ron Paul of building a cult. Perhaps "do anything" instead.)

Indy Vidual
04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
I concur.

(I would take out the phrase "die for" though - even if it's true. People will take that wrong and accuse Ron Paul of building a cult. Perhaps "do anything" instead.)

+1

TNforPaul45
04-19-2011, 10:00 PM
I pledge allegiance to the Constitution
of the United States of America
And to the ideas on which it stands
One nation
Under Reason, by God
With Liberty
And Justice
For all.

... I do not, however, pledge or salute the Admiralty Flag.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pledge_of_Allegiance
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/7/73/Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_ with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg/250px-Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_ with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg

Brooklyn Red Leg
04-19-2011, 11:22 PM
I no longer Pledge Allegiance, but if I did, I like mine the best....

I Pledge Allegiance to the US Constitution
And to the ideals it espoused
50 nation-states, united for common defense
With Liberty, Fraternity and Justice for All.

KCIndy
04-19-2011, 11:30 PM
But I realized one thing in particular: I've never been so inspired by a politician as I have been by Dr. Ron Paul.

This, at least, is something I think almost everyone here would agree with!