PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Interview by Bill Press FRIDAY

me3
10-25-2007, 07:06 PM
http://www.billpressshow.com/

Apparently the interview was already done from today's "episode" of Tucker. Bill Press was on and said he talked with Ron Paul TODAY.

Site shows that it is being broadcast tomorrow...

Podcasts should be found here
http://www.billpressmedia.com/

but you need to register and login to get it apparently.

Also, I discerned from listening to Bill on Tucker that Dr. Paul will be talking about Iran.

kylejack
10-25-2007, 07:31 PM
He's a liberal but he has hyped Ron Paul before. This should be good.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Bill Press really speaks? I just always saw him sitting there..... :p

me3
10-25-2007, 09:02 PM
Bump

walt
10-25-2007, 09:12 PM
vote yes Stephen Colbert should drop out...

me3
10-25-2007, 09:13 PM
Bill Press really speaks? I just always saw him sitting there..... :p
Freedom is popular, the tent is big enough. :)

me3
10-26-2007, 09:19 AM
This sucks, you need a paid subscription to get the podcast. Unless someone out there has some other technique for getting it...

Tim724
10-26-2007, 09:48 AM
I heard it this morning on Sirius Satellite Radio. Bill Press is on a channel called "Sirius Left."

It was pretty good. Bill Press was extremely positive towards Dr Paul - saying he is the only respectible Republican running. He had many complements.

Ron Paul spoke well. The topics were fairly standard - he talked about his opposition to the war in Iraq, the pending war with Iran, he mentioned medical marijuana in passing during a discussion about states rights. He talked about how the Repubs opposed Clinton's adventures in Somalia and Kosovo and now Bush is doing the same thing only far worse. He said that sanctions, such as those on Iran, could arguably be considered an act of war and perhaps should require congress approval.

He criticisized Bush regarding SCHIP. He said that he also voting against SCHIP as a conservative concerned about over-spending. However, he said that Bush hasn't vetoed any spending and now the one thing he chooses to vetoe his child's health care.

One thing a little unusual he said was that if the Federal gov't wants to be involved in social security, medical care, education, etc they should ammend the Constitution to allow for that.

Though I suppose he wasn't advocating that the Constitution be ammended to allow for these things. His point may have been that you can't just go outside the bounds of the Constitution and you need to go through the proper process to change it if there is a pressing need to do something that it doesn't allow.

kylejack
10-26-2007, 10:03 AM
One thing a little unusual he said was that if the Federal gov't wants to be involved in social security, medical care, education, etc they should ammend the Constitution to allow for that.

Though I suppose he wasn't advocating that the Constitution be ammended to allow for these things. His point may have been that you can't just go outside the bounds of the Constitution and you need to go through the proper process to change it if there is a pressing need to do something that it doesn't allow.
Right, he's trying to get people back to the proper process. He's holding his tongue on the dirty secret that amending the Constitution is incredibly difficult. Mwahahahaha