PDA

View Full Version : Donald Trump is a Fascist

low preference guy
04-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Trump on pro-eminent domain Supreme Court case Kelo v. New London: “I happen to agree with it 100 percent”:

CAVUTO: You know, the one thing that sticks in the craw of a lot of people with this court, Donald — and I don’t know where you come down on it, but this eminent domain issue that essentially allowed someone’s home to be bulldozed, as was the case in New London, Connecticut, if it gets in the way of developers. Now, you’re a pretty successful developer in your own right. What did you think of that decision? Was the court overdoing it with that decision?

TRUMP: Well, it’s sort of not a good one for me to say, because I noticed every article written about it said, “Will Donald Trump take over your home?” sort of using me as the example, Neil. And it’s sort of — it’s an interesting situation to be in. But I happen to agree with it 100 percent, not that I would want to use it. But the fact is, if you have a person living in an area that’s not even necessarily a good area, and government, whether it’s local or whatever, government wants to build a tremendous economic development, where a lot of people are going to be put to work and make area that’s not good into a good area, and move the person that’s living there into a better place — now, I know it might not be their choice — but move the person to a better place and yet create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good. (Fox News, 7/19/05)

Donald Trump on Eminent Domain (http://www.clubforgrowth.org/perm/pr/?postID=893)

DeadheadForPaul
04-19-2011, 02:49 PM
Good find

Really scary stuff. He's the first "politician" (I know of) that has endorsed this ruling

doodle
04-19-2011, 02:58 PM
At least he is consistent, he just said US should take over Libyan oil fields.

Is this hot air package suitable to sit in the White House if he doesn't get that people of all races, religions have property rights and it's not a jungle we live in.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Good God would someone get rid of this guy? Honestly, I'd rather Obama.

Romulus
04-19-2011, 03:25 PM
but they say, "that was in 05 - he's changed I tell ya!" "He spoke at a tea party dontca know"

wizardwatson
04-19-2011, 03:37 PM
Native Americans know all about how the government "moves you to a better place."

wizardwatson
04-19-2011, 03:42 PM
At least he is consistent, he just said US should take over Libyan oil fields.

Is this hot air package suitable to sit in the White House if he doesn't get that people of all races, religions have property rights and it's not a jungle we live in.

Maybe TPTB are keen on setting up an "opponent" so Obama can stay in another 4 years. That's how I saw McCain in '08. There were much better choices than McCain on the Repub. side just like their are better candidates than Trump for '12 (not to mention RP of course). But if you get Trump to win the primaries, you get someone Obama can easily beat in the general.

Anyway, just a maybe.

awake
04-19-2011, 03:45 PM
If he's fascist and he is popular with the masses, what exactly does that say?

doodle
04-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Maybe TPTB are keen on setting up an "opponent" so Obama can stay in another 4 years. That's how I saw McCain in '08. There were much better choices than McCain on the Repub. side just like their are better candidates than Trump for '12 (not to mention RP of course). But if you get Trump to win the primaries, you get someone Obama can easily beat in the general.

Anyway, just a maybe.

I think you're very perceptive. It's not a far fetched "maybe" at all.

low preference guy
04-19-2011, 03:48 PM
If he's fascist and he is popular with the masses, what exactly does that say?

To be fair, his position on eminent domain only surfaced today. This will destroy him.

moostraks
04-19-2011, 03:49 PM
Native Americans know all about how the government "moves you to a better place."

too true...We're from the gov't and we're here to help you!

BrendenR
04-19-2011, 03:49 PM
"and yet create thousands upon thousands of jobs and beautification and lots of other things, I think it happens to be good."

The ends justify the means to Donald. I wonder if he'd support killing that homeowner if they would not comply. You know, that person IS preventing thousands and thousands of jobs from being created...*facepalm*.

DXDoug
04-19-2011, 04:22 PM
just looking listning to this guy for 1 minute makes me just not like him. i dont see why any one would like him. for real i always thought he should get kicked in the balls

South Park Fan
04-19-2011, 04:24 PM
Not like there's a conflict of interest in Donald's position, in any case (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?288049-Conservatives-for-Eminent-Domain-Abuse)

Philhelm
04-19-2011, 04:33 PM
Trump: "That government is best which governs most."