PDA

View Full Version : The lesson Ron Paul needs to learn from Trump

sofia
04-19-2011, 01:19 PM
Trump is at the top of the polls not because he is a celbrity...not because he is conservative (which he is not).....

but because he is BOLD. I'm not saying that Ron has to become an arrogant prick like Trump is.....but if he doesnt find a bold and cocky streak to him, he will not attract voters.

Rand won big because he attacked, both in his ads and in person....Same with Trump. Aggressive moves impress people and also gain secondary media buzz (think Rand's "Machine" Ad)

"He's catchin on I'm tellin ya" ads aint gonna cut it. Ron has got to attack TRUMP now because Trump is top dog. Can you just imagine what buzz it would create if Ron became the FIRST Republican to unmask this liberal New Yorker with blistering and sustained attacks???

It would catapult Ron into Trump's empty shoes.

civusamericanus
04-19-2011, 01:26 PM
Ron Paul was much more bold/agressive in the 80's, but it got him nowhere, because he didn't have the celebrity label to back up his cockiness. I'd say Ron Paul is playing it right by being a gentleman, he has respect from everyone, because they know he speaks softly and carries a big stick. He's one of the most named honest politicians in washington, even people who disagree with his politics, admit his honest.

Honest and truth will win for Ron Paul, not showmanship theatrics like Trump. Heck even Trump says he has tremendous respect for Ron Paul, they can't knock Ron Paul the truth is on his side!

sailingaway
04-19-2011, 01:28 PM
I think people get tired of that, and Trump is SO over the top, I think after people burn out on him they'll look more favorably on those who aren't arrogant pricks.

Ron does do well when he gets angry, though. "NO! I say we should take our orders from the Constitution!!'

I think he should stick to what makes him comfortable, just package some of it into quick sound bites for when he doesn't have time. Lead with the soundbite THEN get into more depth.

Matt Collins
04-19-2011, 01:46 PM
Trump has a cult of personality. Ron has a cult of ideas.

Krugerrand
04-19-2011, 01:48 PM
Trump is near to the last person I would suggest for Ron Paul to emulate.

nobody's_hero
04-19-2011, 01:56 PM
Trump is at the top because the media is the horse pulling the bandwagon. Let's face it, the republican party is changing 'favorites' damn near every month now.

Sarah Palin, Mitt Romney, Huckabee, Cain, Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, Trump, Mitt Romney, Trump.

The only way to at least partially remedy this phenomenon is with debates, and regular debates all the way until election day so the people don't forget who stands for what (or who doesn't stand for anything at all).

doodle
04-19-2011, 01:59 PM
Ron was very bold in previous debates, his ad campaign may not have been as targeted as it could be.

Although gutsy and focussed, Trump is being more flamboyant than "bold" in his approach as a Presidential candidate and would likely fickle out in next cycle. That said, there is a lesson here about edge that aggressive approach can bring for all politicals. Trump is cashing in on anti-Obama emotion among GOP voters simply by being the loudest, unabashed critic of Obama all of a sudden as a calculated strategy.

Trump leading GOP polls despite having made his largest donation of over $100K to Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee is impressive at many levels.

I would go after Obama much more aggressively if I were RP, Trump would likely deflate himself as serious issues emerge when campaign heats up. This time around, a Ron Paul campaign should also have help from experience of Rand Paul campaign and organization.

VIDEODROME
04-19-2011, 02:10 PM
Is there a specific reason the media or FOX keep shunning Paul? I mean most people at FOX seem to acknowledge the spending problem.

Or are they really warhawks to the bitter end that like our Empire and spreading America's greatness at gunpoint? Or are they afraid of tearing down the FED?

Or maybe we're now a nation with "Control Issues". The O'reilly's and Hannity's can't mentally process the idea of staying out of the middle east. But Iran will take over? Really? And what about Saudi Arabia they'll just sit there and watch it happen?

Captain Shays
04-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Trump is at the top of the polls not because he is a celbrity...not because he is conservative (which he is not).....

but because he is BOLD. I'm not saying that Ron has to become an arrogant prick like Trump is.....but if he doesnt find a bold and cocky streak to him, he will not attract voters.

Rand won big because he attacked, both in his ads and in person....Same with Trump. Aggressive moves impress people and also gain secondary media buzz (think Rand's "Machine" Ad)

"He's catchin on I'm tellin ya" ads aint gonna cut it. Ron has got to attack TRUMP now because Trump is top dog. Can you just imagine what buzz it would create if Ron became the FIRST Republican to unmask this liberal New Yorker with blistering and sustained attacks???

It would catapult Ron into Trump's empty shoes.

I totally agree. He has the correct philosophies relative to economics, foreign policy, the Constitution and the role of government. He just is way too passive in expressing those philosophies. If I were his coach and knowing that he's old and nothing can hurt him in what little time he has left to make the changes he has lived his life to bring about, the first thing I would tell him is to go on the attack against collectivist policies in general then go specific to zoom in on the root causes of just about all the problems this country faces. #1 on the list he should get in EVERYONE's face about the biggest threat to this nation-the Federal Reserve System. Then I would tell him to put the blame on Democrats for our foreign policy, the debt, open borders, the war on drugs, and the slump in our economy but I would do it in such a way that the other Republicans would be forced to either agree with Ron Paul or agree with the Democrats because as all of us KNOW ALL the other Republicans fully or partially support those policies and programs.
We are now $14 TRILLION in debt to the Fed....a CORPORATION THAT IS REGISTERED IN DELAWARE (hammer that point home repeatedly) If ANY of the Republicans or Democrats oppose an audit of the Fed then Ron should ask who are you doing the work of the American people or that corporation?

DEMOCRATS were the party in power during the start of the Indian War, The first and second Mexican Wars, half the Civil War (and they were on the side that wanted to keep slavery in place), the Spanish-American War, WWI, WWII (Democrats were the first and only to nuke civilian populations), Korea (the first war against a country that never attacked us or threatened us and without a declaration of war and Truman used the UN as his authority) Vietnam (Johnson lied and 57,000 died), Bosnia, Somalia, Serbia, Kosovo, Columbia (google U'Wa Tribe for your Democrats friends out there). While Mad Albright said it was worth it to kill 500,000 Iraqi's. DEMOCRATS were the first to attempt one world government (Hammer that home for your Christian friends) with the League of Nations and later the United Nations.
The DEMOCRATS are the original police the world party. They are the real war mongers. The real stick our noses in the business of other countries.
DEMOCRATS were the party in power that created and perpetuate ALL of the unconstitutional federal programs that in addition to our $14 TRILLION national debt, the unfunded liabilities amount to another $68 TRILLION. Not only are those programs unconstitutional, they are unsustainable and just all around bad collectivist ideas.
DEMOCRATS started the IRS (and he should say it stands for I Represent Satan) which now oppresses Americans through it's authoritarianism, its complexity and its unfairness.
DEMOCRATS started the war on drugs through the 18th Amendment and now the government event thinks they can tell us what to eat.

So what would the Republicans do when he comes out forcefully on those things support those policies AND by proxy the DEMOCRATS?

Ron Paul has a chance, by hook or crook to either eat the stinking globalists or get eaten and if he gets eaten so what. Everyone has to end their time on planet earth some time. Why not go out with a blast and get a few good shots on your enemy?

VIDEODROME
04-19-2011, 02:13 PM
Ron was very bold in previous debates, his ad campaign may not have been as targeted as it could be..

This is probably a major point I'd agree with. In fact I kind of hope he could get some advise from Napolitano on the visual selling of the Ron Paul campaign. He's done a great job building up FreedomWatch. Hell if he could do it I wish Napolitano could do the commercials himself.

thedude
04-19-2011, 02:16 PM
ya know, people find moral lessons in their respective holy books... i find moral lessons from children's stories. i would suggest reading up on "the tortoise and the hare".

thedude
04-19-2011, 02:18 PM
This is probably a major point I'd agree with. In fact I kind of hope he could get some advise from Napolitano on the visual selling of the Ron Paul campaign. He's done a great job building up FreedomWatch. Hell if he could do it I wish Napolitano could do the commercials himself.

Ratigan has been a major help thus far on MSNBC and Kudlow on CNBC. With Napolitano on Fox Business, we just have to hammer down CNN and Fox News (unless Napolitano takes over for Beck's slot).

acptulsa
04-19-2011, 02:23 PM
i think we're almost to the point where 'different is good'. The whole nation is sick to death of business as usual, and tptb can't get it through their thick skulls and bones. Yeah, I've been pushing for four years now for Dr. Paul to do better sound bites. But, in the end, his uniqueness will be an asset in this climate, more than a liability. Especially if we can get him to the general election.

Captain Shays
04-19-2011, 02:24 PM
Sorry for the double post but I thought of another point I wanted to make after I hit send. I agree that Ron Paul should go on the attack on Trump but the way he should do it is to show the policies where Trump is close or the same as Obama. Foreign policy, The Federal Reserve. Won't end the income tax. Won't get us out of the extra-national trade agreements that have contributed to the demise of our production base (IMF, WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA, SPP). THe War on drugs, industrial hemp, corporate welfare.

Now Corporate welfare is a big one. That too is yet another invention of Democrats and completely subverts the free market in just about every important industry and also works to centralize production and distribution and concentrates wealth and political power into just a few hands, whether it's food production,, energy production, water distribution, or transportation sectors. I attended Donald Trumps Millionair Maker seminars. The whole thing is how to secure grants and tax breaks and subsidies from the government to start and run your business. ALL of that is not only unconstitutional but they are the antithesis of free market capitalism. Once this comes out Donald is done.

acptulsa
04-19-2011, 02:25 PM
And I don't think Trump's going to last long enough to even worry about. Clown candidates never do.

AuH20
04-19-2011, 02:31 PM
And I don't think Trump's going to last long enough to even worry about. Clown candidates never do.

Trump is getting beaten up like a pinata.

http://www.clubforgrowth.org/perm/pr/?postID=893

VIDEODROME
04-19-2011, 02:37 PM
wow what an asshole

Romulus
04-19-2011, 02:52 PM
Ron can still be a gentlemen and attack Trump along with fake Rhino's via a BOLD ad in terms of hypocrisy - of the individual and the party. Voters will get it.

Again, Rands ad team would nail it.

fisharmor
04-19-2011, 03:00 PM
Donald Trump simply further validates my theory.
Political office is about one thing, and one thing only.
Hair.

Romulus
04-19-2011, 03:23 PM
Donald Trump simply further validates my theory.
Political office is about one thing, and one thing only.
Hair.

but the spray tan doesn't hurt either.

acptulsa
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
but the spray tan doesn't hurt either.

Helped Nixon out. But fisharmor is right. Kennedy still beat him. Humphrey didn't.

Aratus
04-19-2011, 04:05 PM
true... (thinking over 1968)

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-19-2011, 04:38 PM
Trump is a great self promoter. Always has been and it's the only reason he is rich. He's not a good businessman nor is he intelligent. But he can promote the hell out of pretty much anything, especially himself.

FreedomProsperityPeace
04-19-2011, 04:45 PM
I agree that Ron Paul should go on the attack on Trump but the way he should do it is to show the policies where Trump is close or the same as Obama. Foreign policy, The Federal Reserve. Won't end the income tax. Won't get us out of the extra-national trade agreements that have contributed to the demise of our production base (IMF, WTO, NAFTA, CAFTA, SPP). THe War on drugs, industrial hemp, corporate welfare.Karl Rove was on Fox today discussing Trump and his own comment about Trump being at risk of becoming a "clown candidate". He and the host started listing off some of Trump's past liberal positions. :D

LibertyEagle
04-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Or maybe we're now a nation with "Control Issues". The O'reilly's and Hannity's can't mentally process the idea of staying out of the middle east. But Iran will take over? Really?
If your comment is with regard to Iran taking over Iraq, actually, that could easily happen. That is just one of the reasons why it was so stupid of us to overthrow Saddam Hussein.

And what about Saudi Arabia they'll just sit there and watch it happen?

If the Saudi royal family falls, so will the notion of the U.S. dollar being the world's reserve currency. It's one of the few things that have been keeping the leaky U.S. boat afloat.

Damn those traitors in OUR government that put us in this situation.

Romulus
04-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Karl Rove was on Fox today discussing Trump and his own comment about Trump being at risk of becoming a "clown candidate". He and the host started listing off some of Trump's past liberal positions. :D

Something tells me we have yet to see the ace up their sleeve...