PDA

View Full Version : Obama: Not Raising Taxes Could Prove Dangerous!

AuH20
04-19-2011, 11:57 AM
Our antiquated, neglected infrastructure could just fall on our heads, if we don't submit to the IRS.

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/19/video-obama-says-the-rich-will-keep-businesses-in-us-if-we-hike-taxes/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctx9RoP6DA4&feature=player_embedded

A Son of Liberty
04-19-2011, 12:22 PM
lol Man I can't listen to this guy. Well, check that... I can't listen to any of these guys.

Hey Barry - GET OUT OF THE WAY.

TheNcredibleEgg
04-19-2011, 12:25 PM
It's smart rhetoric by him.

The progressives (and Donald Trump) will eat it up.

A Son of Liberty
04-19-2011, 12:27 PM
It's smart rhetoric by him.

The progressives (and Donald Trump) will eat it up.

Quite true.

People don't *think*.

dean.engelhardt
04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
"America wants a smart government, a lean government, an accountable government...."

At least he knows this.

A Son of Liberty
04-19-2011, 12:40 PM
"America wants a smart government, a lean government, an accountable government...."

At least he knows this.

Who is this, "America", of which he speaks?

Romulus
04-19-2011, 12:42 PM

At least he knows this.

Oh yeah - everything our govt is NOT.

angelatc
04-19-2011, 12:45 PM

At least he knows this.

Traditional liberal talking point. "We don't need a smaller government, we just need a better government". But it's like Friedman says in that Phil Donahue clip, "Where are all these angels?"

A Son of Liberty
04-19-2011, 12:49 PM
"Where are all these angels?"

They ain't holdin' anti-war rallies anymore, are they?

Fredom101
04-19-2011, 12:51 PM
"Not stealing money from people could be dangerous!"
Yep, dangerous to their existence!

dean.engelhardt
04-19-2011, 12:52 PM
Exactly. Americans want lean, smart, accountable government; but will he do this? I don't see this based on past performance.

Our government is in no way imaginable bashful about spending. How does he stand up and tell us that out infrastructure is falling apart because we don't pay enough taxes. Korea and China passing the US in infrastructure because we don't pay enough taxes? Don't have the numbers in front of me, but I am sure the US collect manys times more tax revenue per capita than China and South Korea.

Fixing the infrastructure isn't about increasing tax revenue, it is about government being smart, lean, and accountable. THEY ALREADY HAVE ENOUGH TAX MONEY TO MAKE THIS HAPPEN

VIDEODROME
04-19-2011, 01:35 PM
I'm almost surprised his speeches don't cause brain seizures with the loopy logic he uses.

next he'll be using the Chewbacca Defense. If a Wookie lives on Endor you must Raise Taxes.

///////head explodes

sailingaway
04-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Of all the things I am afraid of, my fear of NOT raising taxes is manageable.....

Romulus
04-19-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm going to take the title of this thread as a direct mafioso threat from Oblabla himself.