PDA

View Full Version : GOP insiders embrace Trump's presidential bid (Palin Losing Steam; Trump Gaining Traction)

RonPaulFanInGA
04-19-2011, 06:00 AM
http://www.aolnews.com/2011/04/19/gop-insiders-embrace-trumps-presidential-bid/

WASHINGTON (AP) — Out with Sarah. In with The Donald.

President Barack Obama has launched his re-election bid in a low-key manner, but the Republican Party's search for a challenger seems stranger by the day.

GOP celebrities like Sarah Palin aren't getting much buzz. Mainstream candidates like Mitt Romney and Tim Pawlenty aren't getting much traction. It's people once considered highly unlikely to compete seriously for the party's nomination who are creating big stirs in early voting states, a reflection of an unformed and uncertain GOP presidential field.

GOP activists in Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina appear deeply intrigued by, and open to, a run by Donald Trump, the publicity-loving business tycoon and host of NBC's "The Apprentice," even as he perpetuates falsehoods about Obama's citizenship and questions the legitimacy of his presidency.

eduardo89
04-19-2011, 07:55 AM
Palin has definitely lost her superstar status (at least for now), but that doesn't mean she's still not hugely influential. She has thousands of loyal followers and she someone recaptured the spotlight the way she did after 08 she'd definitely be one of the front runners (sadly).

I think most people, apart from his robots, are bored of Mitt. He's the same guy who lost the 08 primary and people are beginign to see through him.

Pawlenty? Who the hell is that? Next.

The Donald...I think this joke has gone on long enough.

sailingaway
04-19-2011, 07:58 AM
barf

Sola_Fide
04-19-2011, 08:02 AM
Donald is dead once people start paying attention.....I hope:(

eduardo89
04-19-2011, 08:11 AM
Donald is dead once people start paying attention.....I hope:(

We all do.

erowe1
04-19-2011, 08:15 AM
Pawlenty? Who the hell is that? Next.

If I were to bet on it, my money would be on Pawlenty winning the nomination.

georgiaboy
04-19-2011, 09:27 AM
I heard some lady caller on Limbaugh last week ride him up one side and down the other for 'trashing Republicans'. She kept screaming 'I want to WIN', and would have no part in Rush's trying to hold conservatives feet to the fire on their votes, compromises, etc. She all but called Rush a liberal. I gotta believe she represents a lot of the establishment voters out there who just see the horse race and want to vote for a winner, policies and the future of the nation be damned. Made me furious. I wanted to scream back at her 'win WHAT? More bigger government presided over by R's instead of D's? Then you're for losing, not winning' For these people to think that getting 'any' cut is a win, baby steps can solve this problem we have - well, they may think they're winning, but their really losing.

This is what I think Trump is tapping into right now - people that are looking for a hard-nosed 'winner'. Puke.

sailingaway
04-19-2011, 09:35 AM
I heard some lady caller on Limbaugh last week ride him up one side and down the other for 'trashing Republicans'. She kept screaming 'I want to WIN', and would have no part in Rush's trying to hold conservatives feet to the fire on their votes, compromises, etc. She all but called Rush a liberal. I gotta believe she represents a lot of the establishment voters out there who just see the horse race and want to vote for a winner, policies and the future of the nation be damned. Made me furious. I wanted to scream back at her 'win WHAT? More bigger government presided over by R's instead of D's? Then you're for losing, not winning' For these people to think that getting 'any' cut is a win, baby steps can solve this problem we have - well, they may think they're winning, but their really losing.

This is what I think Trump is tapping into right now - people that are looking for a hard-nosed 'winner'. Puke.

That woman should be interested that he said he'd probably run independent if he loses the nomination, then.

ravedown
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
how can they not see trump for what he really is? trump is simply a democrat controlled pied piper saying all the right things to the old school GOP'ers (birther/war hawk/businessman expertise) in order to disrupt the tea party momentum and take the spotlight away from everyone else. obama's team knows the birth certificate is a red herring that draws conspiracy kooks out and will eventually make them look silly when he pulls out the real one probably early in the 2012 campaign.
if the GOP is seriously looking at Trump- they've been played like sucka's.

silentshout
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Horrible, both of them.

Romulus
04-19-2011, 11:55 AM
Somehow I knew RonPaulFanInGA was going to post this.

.... Fozz....