PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Banner on the Drudge Report: 75% There!

skiingff
10-25-2007, 05:49 PM
An effort sponsored by the L.A. Meetup group and AUF PAC.

Needs $375 more. The cost is $1,500 for one month. The site has room for 140,000 impressions daily. We could get Ron Paul some main stream attention that is sure to have people talking.

The banner would link people to www.ronpaul2008.com.

Please Chip-In!
http://la4ronpaul.chipin.com/placing-a-ron-paul-banner-ad-on-the-drudge-report

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5567/iterationarialallwhiteca9.gif

wfd40
10-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Any chance of putting a more "emotional" pic of Doc in there??

skiingff
10-25-2007, 05:52 PM

I'm not sure it's not my creation, but I'll find out. I agree.

paulitics
10-25-2007, 05:53 PM
love the banner, and the idea.

brumans
10-25-2007, 05:54 PM
According to Drudge:

http://web.blogads.com/adspotsfolder/ba_adspotsfolder_revision_create_shortcut?persiste nt_uid=a2767db39c98e7b5cecc23ebabeb54f3

1 Month of Advertising costs $650.00... so where is the other $850 going?

me3
10-25-2007, 05:55 PM
That's a smaller ad. And it's the Drudge RETORT. lol

centure7
10-25-2007, 05:56 PM

The picture says to me "just another candidate". Yet, is "more emotional" really better and I think the picture is not bad at all. What else would be there?

Tina
10-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Just my two cents, but I don't think that's a receptive audience. Is that not a neo-con type news wire??

JAHOGS
10-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Maybe a pic of him like this one.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronpaul2008/858093758/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronpaul2008/857237001/

Tina
What I'm trying to say is that it seems many here are really trying to target the hard core repub audience and that's not what's going to propel Dr. Paul. Again that's my opinion and you may know more than I do.

Chernitsky
Tina - I am not a neocon and I read it hourly

skiingff
10-25-2007, 06:03 PM
My best friend's voting for Hillary Clinton and he reads it hourly as well.

Matt Drudge is a self-described "libertarian."

Tina
10-25-2007, 06:05 PM
Tina - I am not a neocon and I read it hourly

Okay that's fine. I come from the other side, so as I said, you know more about it than I do. :)

Lord Xar
10-25-2007, 06:05 PM
What meetup is this skiingf exactly - I thought I was in all of the Los Angeles meetups and this has not come thru to me - and I get all the emails.. what meetup group is it?

Energy
10-25-2007, 06:06 PM
Love the idea. I just chipped in.

Would be nice for the campaign to explore banner placements on large internet prorperties with their funds.

mport1
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
I tossed in some money. This is important. Let's get it done.

skiingff
10-25-2007, 06:16 PM
What meetup is this skiingf exactly - I thought I was in all of the Los Angeles meetups and this has not come thru to me - and I get all the emails.. what meetup group is it?

I'm not sure- he said Los Angeles. This is his effort, the Drudge report required a disclaimer and yadda yadda to do it legally so he's using the PAC. He's also going to pay to run the Reagan ad in the Concord Monitor next Saturday. His name is Glen, I can PM you more if you want.

Chernitsky
10-25-2007, 06:27 PM
Okay that's fine. I come from the other side, so as I said, you know more about it than I do. :)

former Democrat here

http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5wave.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

Tina
10-25-2007, 06:29 PM
former Democrat here

http://smiliesftw.com/x/eek5wave.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

LOL! waves back at ya.

Energy
10-25-2007, 06:49 PM
skiingff, can you PM Glen or someone over there to suggest linking to a well-crafted, one-page "landing page" that summarizes Ron Paul (especially point out hot issues like Iraq) and possibly have an embedded YouTube video.

To me, when someone who is unfamiliar with a presidential candidate sees their website for the first time, the visitor may brush it off as "just another candidate" (looks like any other candidate website) and may mentally put him in a "non-top-tier" category if there's no name recognition to begin with.

With a landing page or "online slim jim", we can capture their attention and quickly, effectively, and dramatically educate and sell visitors on Ron Paul.

ronpaul2008.com is fine but it requires the visitor to click around to learn more - that takes time (and work) and decreases "conversion". Cater to people's short attention span with a powerful, well-designed landing page.

me3
10-25-2007, 07:08 PM
www.wwrpd.org is a decent landing page.

work2win
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
Man, the promos just keep coming! Good stuff.

I second the landing page and I heartily second the embedded youtube video suggestion. Videos are much more captivating because you just sit on your ass while the sights and sounds dazzle you. Also, I think the videos send the "he's different" message really well.

Duckman
10-25-2007, 07:51 PM
This is awesome! Is there a chipin link?

Hannity quotes from Drudge alot but Drudge is nowhere near as much of a neocon as Hannity, although he doesn't carry Paul news and I think he would if he really wanted to. I do read it frequently as well, it's "the real stories" behind conservative talking points at any rate.

guntherg16
10-25-2007, 07:56 PM
It looks like the amount has been reached. I'm looking forward to seeing this on on Drudge. When can we expect it?

PS. I read Drudge several times a day and I am no neo.

Benaiah
10-25-2007, 08:06 PM
Drudge Report has been my homepage for 8 years.

I am hard core conservative. This is an awesome idea!

DjLoTi
10-25-2007, 08:18 PM
I think the picture is fine ... and looks good.

Brinck Slattery
10-25-2007, 08:22 PM
looks awesome! I can't wait to see it on Drudge!

Tidewise
10-25-2007, 10:15 PM
I have been a huge DrudgeReport fan and check it several times daily, but my Gawd has Drudge been pissing me off with his almost complete blackout of Ron Paul news. Maybe giving him some $$$ will prick up his ears.

Be sure to submit under the radar stories to the DrudgeReport tips (on home page, lower right side).

dsentell
10-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Wonderful ideas! I read Drudge daily - no neocon here!

FrankRep
10-25-2007, 10:24 PM
I also view Drudge several times a day. I'm excited.

Tidewise
10-25-2007, 10:27 PM
WOW. I was going to chipin but you guys are done! Sweet. Be sure to post when the first ads go into rotation.

literatim
10-25-2007, 10:28 PM
You should probably have it link to a site unaffiliated with the official campaign.

FrankRep
10-25-2007, 10:41 PM
You should probably have it link to a site unaffiliated with the official campaign.
Why?

literatim
10-25-2007, 10:44 PM
My suggestion for the banner are some quotes. Maybe quote from Reagan about Ron Paul and this Tom Delay quote:

"I've known Ron a very, very long time -- I like to think of Ron Paul as 'The Conscience,'" DeLay said. "You've always got to have a conscience."

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/news/cityregion/s_534701.html

Why?

You never know if there are legal ramifications for linking directly to the campaign's website.

Tidewise
10-25-2007, 10:54 PM

Why? People are so fricking scared of the "election laws" when they forget the Supreme Law of the Land: THE CONSTITUTION!

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Link where you want. Link to the official site!

Grandson of Liberty
10-25-2007, 11:55 PM
i check Drudge at least a dozen times a day.

Also, I happen to like the picture. For whatever it's worth. :o

Perry
10-25-2007, 11:57 PM
Awesome!

Seth M.
10-26-2007, 12:18 AM
Livin it up a lil maybe...

GREAT idea though.. Good job!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v315/x_seth_x/BannerRP08sm.jpg

dt_
10-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Can we get a more professional looking ad - namely, the font? We should use a "serif" font for the main text in the middle rather than a "sans serif" font. i.e. use something like Garamond rather than Arial. :) This seems like a good idea though.

traviskicks
10-26-2007, 12:24 AM

Needs $375 more. The cost is $1,500 for one month. The site has room for 140,000 impressions daily. We could get Ron Paul some main stream attention that is sure to have people talking.

Please Chip-In!

I think that is a great idea and a great banner, keep it how it is! And best of luck!

Ozwest
10-26-2007, 12:27 AM
That charicature of Ron Paul is a real "eye grabber".

Johncjackson
10-26-2007, 12:30 AM
Many people read the Drudge Report. It's pretty mainstream.

Drudge HAS covered Ron Paul news. When there actually is news. Face it, 90% of stuff that turns up in Google News is a few RP fansites. Drudge is not a supporter blog or fansite, what do you expect.

The ad should NOT link to the ronpaul2008 website, and if you think this is just because of election law or people being "afraid" of election law, you are wrong. it's also about conversions. This was already mentioned by someone regarding Landing Pages. Generally in internet marketing/advertising you are going to do better if you run targeted ads that go directly to a page that is meant to convert prospects. The official RP page is not that type of page.

Otherwise you are just throwing money away. You might as well run a full page ad with 90% white space that says " Google Ron Paul"

jonahtrainer
10-26-2007, 12:45 AM
Many people read the Drudge Report. It's pretty mainstream.

Drudge HAS covered Ron Paul news. When there actually is news. Face it, 90% of stuff that turns up in Google News is a few RP fansites. Drudge is not a supporter blog or fansite, what do you expect.

The ad should NOT link to the ronpaul2008 website, and if you think this is just because of election law or people being "afraid" of election law, you are wrong. it's also about conversions. This was already mentioned by someone regarding Landing Pages. Generally in internet marketing/advertising you are going to do better if you run targeted ads that go directly to a page that is meant to convert prospects. The official RP page is not that type of page.

Otherwise you are just throwing money away. You might as well run a full page ad with 90% white space that says " Google Ron Paul"

I agree. It needs to go to a site that has better conversion ratios. I bet A New Hope would convert better than the campaign site. Then a couple links (ronpaul2008.com; thisnovember5th.com; dailypaul.com; etc.?)

I click on McCain ads every now and then to see if there is anything new and all it does is send me to his donate page. Why should I donate?

nayjevin
10-26-2007, 01:03 AM
Generally in internet marketing/advertising you are going to do better if you run targeted ads that go directly to a page that is meant to convert prospects. The official RP page is not that type of page.

sorry to pick on you in particular, many have said this

but i am calling BULL on this

the fundraiser with the statue of liberty is all the landing we need

www.ronpaul2008.com or nothing

don't reinvent the wheel

Taco John
10-26-2007, 01:17 AM
I like the idea of linking to the official campaign website...

But even more than that, I like the idea of linking to a landing page that has the "Ron Paul: A New Hope Video." Then from there, put a link to the official campaign website.

That video is powerful. I"ve converted a lot of people in one viewing of that video. It literally changes people's perspectives of Ron Paul, because they see all of the support and activity surrounding him.

Razmear
10-26-2007, 01:32 AM
I'd vote for landing on the official page.
Folks who click from work are not going to watch a YouTube video. Just send them to the campaign otherwise the landing site will always show the bias of the sites creator.

eb

newmedia4ron
10-26-2007, 01:34 AM
RonPaulIsHope.com is the best! Please link there!!!!:eek:

Taco John
10-26-2007, 01:38 AM
RonPaulIsHope.com is the best! Please link there!!!!:eek:

That would be a great page to link to. It's a remarkably powerful video. It switched my Navy Seal Fred Head boss in one viewing.

Energy
10-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Generally in internet marketing/advertising you are going to do better if you run targeted ads that go directly to a page that is meant to convert prospects. The official RP page is not that type of page.

Exactly, linking from a banner ad to the ronpaul2008.com homepage is money down the drain.

I hope everyone is taking note of this. When referring brand new people to Ron Paul, don't ONLY send them to ronpaul2008.com, send them there in addition to your "preselling".

For example, www.RonPaulIsHope.com ("New Hope" video that automatically goes to ronpaul2008.com) will convert a heck of a lot better than just ronpaul2008.com because the video does a great job of preselling - his oratory skill and ideas sell himself (in fact, I'm here because of seeing him on YouTube). When I refer people, I may send them to a relevant YouTube video or webpage. That's why I love this ad: http://img451.imageshack.us/img451/55/rp3yc6.gif because it says YouTube "Ron Paul", not just go to ronpaul2008.com.

RonPaulIsHope.com is actually a great landing page but NOT GOOD for banner advertising because a lot of people at work can't access YouTube... so an informational-style landing page is better for the drudgereport ad.

An informational-style landing page has these standard elements:

* A powerful, well-crafted headline (can usually make or break the reader from engaging in the piece); a good quote can work
* Sizzling bullet points and writing that lead the visitor to a burning desire to learn more
* Embedded YouTube video (to benefit those who prefer sight/sound)
* Specific step-by-steps and calls-to-action to get involved (go to ronpaul2008.com and submit email, importance of donations, Republican registration location/deadline, talk to everyone, etc)

Most important things should be "above the fold" (the top part of page where visitor doesn't have to scroll down).

You can have multiple landing pages (different headlines, styles, tone, etc) tailored to your audience. This is a basic idea Muslim Americans http://muslimsvoteronpaul.com

don't reinvent the wheel

The Statue of Liberty is eye candy, nothing more. Has little to no bearing on converting prospects. Trust us. Tweaking landing pages to convert is a science; many companies depend on tailored landing pages for lead generation. ronpaul2008.com isn't optimal for exciting and converting NEW prospects.

jonahtrainer
10-26-2007, 01:50 AM

but i am calling BULL on this

don't reinvent the wheel

People need a reason to donate. Asking for the sale too quickly usually results in a rejection that makes it more difficult to get a conversion later. The main site is too cluttered and unfocused. I counted over 100 links. That is ridiculous. Yes, Ron Paul is a deep candidate but it should be much more organized. From a Web Usability point of view it is horridly designed for conversions. I bet if you ran an Omniture report it would look like a shotgun approach with no path. Few people will read that much. There is not enough white space on the page. Google knows what they are doing and Web designers would do well to follow their example.

By looking at RonPaul2008.com I don't understand how anyone could think he has 'cracked the Interwebs code.' If anything other candidates will study his site and mimic it. Romney's and McCain's sites are also too cluttered. You can tell whoever put the three sites together didn't diagram or Photoshop first. Perhaps they should take a Web Usability class or read a book (http://www.amazon.com/Homepage-Usability-50-Websites-Deconstructed/dp/073571102X/ref=pd_bbs_12/103-1835568-5703804?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193385551&sr=8-12).

RonPaulIsHope.com with a link under it and a statement like "For additional information or to donate please visit RonPaul2008.com" is the best landing page option in my opinion (for video capable visitors). Having them go to YouTube will get them easily sidetracked.

Anyway, just my two cents. Whoever controls RonPaulIsHope.com should add that anyway.... ;)

brumans
10-26-2007, 02:06 AM
I love the "Will Your Vote End the War". I would love to see this on a billboard. Reminds me of Lennon's "The War is Over (if you want it"

nayjevin
10-26-2007, 02:25 AM
honestly guys - these are great ideas for personal websites, and good to show your friend on your laptop - but a banner ad definitely not - link to the official site -- then a person has a chance to choose his clicks from ALL AVAILABLE OFFICIAL INFORMATION FROM THE SOURCE. Videos are easily found on that site, IF the viewer can watch them (like at work I can't).

go OFFICIAL it's a no- brainer, you don't reinvent the wheel, and you don't waste time designing ANOTHER ron paul site when you could be doing other things.

the people do have a reason to donate - and it's in clickable links all around the coolest fundraising innovation in the history of american politics.

Just send them to the campaign otherwise the landing site will always show the bias of the sites creator <== end of story

centure7
10-26-2007, 03:44 AM
honestly guys - these are great ideas for personal websites, and good to show your friend on your laptop - but a banner ad definitely not - link to the official site -- then a person has a chance to choose his clicks from ALL AVAILABLE OFFICIAL INFORMATION FROM THE SOURCE. Videos are easily found on that site, IF the viewer can watch them (like at work I can't).

go OFFICIAL it's a no- brainer, you don't reinvent the wheel, and you don't waste time designing ANOTHER ron paul site when you could be doing other things.

the people do have a reason to donate - and it's in clickable links all around the coolest fundraising innovation in the history of american politics.

<== end of story

I disagree that "videos are easily found on the site". RonPaulIsHope.com makes the sale and THEN takes them to the oficial site automatically. Text cannot even begin to compete with video. I can't imagine anyone seeing the RonPaulIsHope.com video and then not supporting Ron Paul. Its easy for me to imagine someone checking out their home page, finding nothing that catches their eye, and then leaving.

PS - If you don't know who Ron Paul is you could care less how the liberty statue is looking.

RonFan1776
10-26-2007, 04:28 AM
As much as I hate to admit it, after checking it out the ronpaulishope.com site is probably one of the best things we have going right now. If it doesn't convince someone, then it's likely that nothing will.

guntherg16
10-26-2007, 02:55 PM
When can we expect to see that ad?

Taco John
10-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Seriously... RonPaulisHope.com.

It is the best introduction to Ron Paul that ANYONE can get. There's a reason it's the most viewed Ron Paul You Tube, despite only being about a month old.

I've seen democrat and republicans alike completely disarmed by this video.

And the other thing is that it's easier for them to spread the Ron Paul message by sending the video on to THEIR contacts. It disarms them first, then it arms them with something to pass along.

We can't lose if we link to RonPaulisHope. It's the sure thing.

rrt82
10-26-2007, 03:23 PM
I have a few complaints about ronpaulishope.com, and the video.

First, I liked the video at ronpaulishope.com until the images of the protesters were shown. The conservatives viewing this video are going to see the protesters as hippies that should of been arrested. Some might think it is the "Don't tase me bro" idiot who deserved to be tased. I would rather see in that video a portion of a Ron Paul speech where he talks about the need to get rid of the patriot act instead of some grungy looking protester with tape over his mouth.

Second, the link to the official campaign should be more visible, instead of in the corner. There should also be some static images of Ron Paul, including the one with him and Reagan. Conservatives today long for somebody like Ronald Reagan.

Third, the website automatically took me to Ron Paul's official sight before the video was finished! I don't think there should be an auto redirect because if somebody pauses the video they will not be able to see the whole thing. If the link is visible under the video, people will click.

Finally, the video lacked anything interesting to social conservatives. There are a lot of social conservatives who are against the war, but I believe they would vote for a neocon like Huckabee who is pro-war as long as they feel they are getting a strong socially conservative person. I believe the video should point out Dr. Paul's speech on the need to overturn Roe vs. Wade to let the states decide. I believe the video should include the fact he has served in the military and is an OB-GYN who believes abortion is not a good thing.

Energy
10-26-2007, 03:27 PM
I have a few complaints about ronpaulishope.com, and the video.

First, I liked the video at ronpaulishope.com until the images of the protesters were shown. The conservatives viewing this video are going to see the protesters as hippies that should of been arrested. Some might think it is the "Don't tase me bro" idiot who deserved to be tased. I would rather see in that video a portion of a Ron Paul speech where he talks about the need to get rid of the patriot act instead of some grungy looking protester with tape over his mouth.

Fantastic point on the "don't tase me bro" bit. That's the only part of the video I cringe at since I first saw it.

Third, the website automatically took me to Ron Paul's official sight before the video was finished! I don't think there should be an auto redirect because if somebody pauses the video they will not be able to see the whole thing. If the link is visible under the video, people will click.

Yeah, looks like there's a countdown timer for the redirect set approximately to the length of the video. So rules out pausing and rewinding.

ashlux
10-26-2007, 03:29 PM
Here's the available info online for advertising on the drudge report (NOT retort): http://www.intermarkets.net/mediakit/drudge.html

I'm amused to see the same company handles redstate's ads. Wouldn't that be amusing to advertise on their website too? :-)

Shink
10-26-2007, 03:41 PM
Here's the available info online for advertising on the drudge report (NOT retort): http://www.intermarkets.net/mediakit/drudge.html

I'm amused to see the same company handles redstate's ads. Wouldn't that be amusing to advertise on their website too? :-)

Comedic gold.

nayjevin
10-26-2007, 04:36 PM
i agree that a perfectly designed landing site could be superior. I have yet to see one that is. ronpaulishope.com shows a good video but obviously has its problems.

the campaign has decided on a landing for visitors to its site, and i prefer the official wisdom. the site is beautiful.

look - when you show a friend something about ron paul, a video is a good intro.

but our friends and neighbors are a different group of people than those who would visit drudge, and the subsection of those people who would click on this ad.

Are these people as apathetic as the average friend? NOT EVEN CLOSE

Visitors to drudge are people who are already willing to read about politics. Not just that, but they are willing to dig. Not just that, but they know that alot what they read is biased. Whole different animal than your apathetic neighbor.

4/5 doctors recommend: Drudge Banner Should Link To Official Site

Tidewise
10-26-2007, 05:10 PM
Is this thread debate having any impact on the decision in this matter? Seriously, I would like to know.

The ad was reasonably priced and the chipin peaked quickly. How about those who would like to see an ad linked to a site other than the official site do another ad? That would be awesome to see multiple ads.

PS - I think the banner and the landing page are perfect. Great work!

syborius
10-26-2007, 05:11 PM

Please Chip-In!

I would have "just bring them home" as a quote :p

traviskicks
10-26-2007, 05:47 PM
I don't think you can change the banner or idea now that people have chipped in for it. Also, I just heard my first RP radio ad this morning here in NV and it directed people to the ronpaul2008 official site, so i think that will be ok.

My personal favorite would have been to this link, but that's just me :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Ron_Paul

spivey378
10-26-2007, 06:02 PM
if its going on drudge, id like for us to have it directed to this vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyXW1hb-JQg

we'd need a host name but whatever

figueir2
10-26-2007, 07:22 PM
we definitely need to link the banner to a site with "Ron Paul: Stop dreaming" video (or another equally emotional, hard-hitting video). Also there should be a well thought out synopsis of Dr. Paul's message and links to various sites, including this one

Energy
10-26-2007, 08:16 PM
we definitely need to link the banner to a site with "Ron Paul: Stop dreaming" video (or another equally emotional, hard-hitting video). Also there should be a well thought out synopsis of Dr. Paul's message and links to various sites, including this one

Yes, combination of video and informational/summary page because a lot of people can't view YouTube at work.

coffeewithchess
10-26-2007, 10:53 PM
Is the ad even running on Drudge yet?

Noog
10-27-2007, 12:35 AM
I like the video on ronpaulishope.com, except for the "don't tase me bro" guy, there is just too much baggage attached to that video. The rest is great, though.

coffeewithchess
10-27-2007, 01:44 AM
Agreed with the "don't tase me bro" and also I think the parts at the beginning talking about "polygamy in Romney's family", I don't think that should be there either. I don't think it's a "legitimate" point, I can't control everything my family does. Neither can he.

Taco John
10-27-2007, 01:54 AM
Agreed with the "don't tase me bro" and also I think the parts at the beginning talking about "polygamy in Romney's family", I don't think that should be there either. I don't think it's a "legitimate" point, I can't control everything my family does. Neither can he.

Indeed, but it speaks to the evangelist community who believe mormonism is a cult. I'm not going to make any judgements on whether that is right or wrong, but what I will say is that we have to dig in and throw our own punches at the grass roots level, because Dr. Paul isn't going to do it on his level. Nobody is going to confuse the grass roots pot shots for Dr. Paul's high minded approach.

Roxi
10-28-2007, 12:15 AM
i think it should go to the official site as well :)

guntherg16
10-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Is the ad even running on Drudge yet?

I'd like to know when to expect it too.

lx43
10-28-2007, 03:28 PM
Yes its running.

James R
10-29-2007, 01:07 AM

Please Chip-In!

skiingff, when will we see the ad?

Trance Dance Master
10-29-2007, 01:14 AM
This is an excellent idea. Drudgereport.com has almost 3 times as many people going there than abcnews.com, and the latter is a multi-billion dollar corporation.

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/abcnews.com+drudgereport.com/?metric=uv

Trance Dance Master
10-29-2007, 01:20 AM
Yes its running.

Have you seen it on the site yet? I've been refreshing the page and haven't seen the RP banner come up yet.

Man from La Mancha
10-29-2007, 01:58 AM
These can be just copied and pasted in your emails or wherever and by clicking on them they will get one to those websites. Works for emails that use html.

Here is the banner hot linked to RonPaulIsHope.com
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4936/iterationarialallwhitecqv4.gif (RonPaulIsHope.com)

and here it is hot linked to ronpaul2008.com
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4936/iterationarialallwhitecqv4.gif (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/)

James R
10-29-2007, 06:49 AM
It just occured to me that I have Ad-Blocker and would never see a banner-ad. I wonder what percent of people have ad blockers these days? In any case, will the banner ad be a permanent fixture on the homepage or will it rarely show up?

literatim
10-29-2007, 06:58 AM
Indeed, but it speaks to the evangelist community who believe mormonism is a cult. I'm not going to make any judgements on whether that is right or wrong, but what I will say is that we have to dig in and throw our own punches at the grass roots level, because Dr. Paul isn't going to do it on his level. Nobody is going to confuse the grass roots pot shots for Dr. Paul's high minded approach.

Then the fact that he's a Mormon should be the baggage, not what happened in his family's past.

freedominnumbers
10-29-2007, 08:09 AM
I have yet to see it come up. I've seen other ads come up more than once.

How many impressions are we supposed to expect for $1500?

princessredtights
10-29-2007, 09:00 AM
How about landing the ad on the official campaign site but specifically to the page that lists RP's writings or issues? (I prefer writings).

I think this is a great idea! Where next?

skiingff
10-29-2007, 09:09 AM
News Update
26th October - Submitted by Glen

We've had a bunch of questions from people who haven't seen the ad yet themselves on Drudge. So I'll try to answer some of them here.

It works on a bidding system. Remember there are 17,000,000 million impressions and we are getting between 50,000 and 100,000. This means between 1 and every 170 or 1 and 340 refreshed depending on your state.

If our daily budget is hit, there are times when you will not see the ad. I will continue to provide you with the results. The key is that it is being seen by thousands of people nation wide. It is building name recognition even when people do not click. We had 76 people click and go to the site. If 10 become supporters and donors than yesterday was really successful when you add in all the name recognintion he got. Remember its the first thing that 90,000 people saw yesterday when they went to Drudge.

Here are some stats from the past two days:
Variation Status Impr. Clicks CTR Avg. CPM Avg. CPC Conv. CPA Total Cost
Ron Paul For President 2008Leaderboard728 x 90
Active
6,969 9 0.129% $2.42 $1.88 - - $16.89

Ron Paul For President 2008Leaderboard728 x 90
Active
83,085 67 0.081% $1.59 $1.97 - - $131.89

http://www.americaunitedforliberty.org/index.html

goldstandard
10-29-2007, 09:24 AM
This is just an idea and the original banner is great.
Is this good or bad? I dunno? What do you think about this? Maybe one could animate it a bit or it would be better in a newspaper? :confused:

http://jhuchtemann.uttx.net/images/stories/ronpaulad.png

skiingff
10-29-2007, 09:34 AM
Is this good or bad? I dunno? What do you think about this? Maybe one could animate it a bit or it would be better in a newspaper? :confused:

I like it a lot... you're right probably a newspaper. It's too big for a banner ad.

kevman657
10-29-2007, 09:58 AM
Like RP isn't known on the internet? I love the fact that we're advertising for him and all but I just think we should stick to advertising methods outside the internet...if those are too expensive then just donate it to the actual campaign.

Not saying it's worthless or anything but we're trying to convince non-motivated Republicans to vote for RP. Most voting Republicans who are active on the internet already know who he is.

ConstitutionGal
10-29-2007, 11:51 AM
RonPaulIsHope.com with a link under it and a statement like "For additional information or to donate please visit RonPaul2008.com" is the best landing page option in my opinion (for video capable visitors). Having them go to YouTube will get them easily sidetracked.

I LOVE this idea!! If you can watch that video and not come away a Ron Paul supporter, nothing is going to win you over.

ConstitutionGal
10-29-2007, 11:53 AM

Seeing as how it's football season, this would make a great little ad to put in local HS football programs and band booster flyers!! They're cheap, local and the parents read them!

Tidewise
10-29-2007, 01:43 PM
I was wondering why I hadn't seen the ad and then I remembered that I have ADBLOCK installed so I don't see any ads on Drudge. Heh Heh.

austin356
10-29-2007, 01:46 PM
While I would say that we need to have zero online ads b/c of, well the obvious reasons; I do think this is a large exception. A targeted banner on Drudge is perhaps the best possible way to do any online advertising.

lasenorita
10-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Here's another idea for a banner:

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/7899/ronpaulanimatedwb4.gif

Anyone, please feel free to use it. :)

dante
10-30-2007, 08:33 PM
i just pm'd you about using this banner