PDA

View Full Version : Amash voted yes on the budget?

Brian4Liberty
04-18-2011, 04:39 PM
A little disappointing... :(

sonofshamwow
04-19-2011, 09:38 AM
He also joined Ron Paul in voting Yes to take up the proposed RSC budget, which is like a more aggressive version of the Ryan budget. Unfortunately, it failed.

He explained his vote on his fb page (facebook.com/repjustinamash):

"just voted yes on H Con Res 34. It's far from ideal but fundamentally better than recent budgets. It cuts $5.8 trillion over 10 years, reducing spending to below 20% of GDP vs. 23%+ in the President's budget. It reforms Medicare/Medicaid and defunds last year's health care legislation. It also lowers corporate and individual top tax rates to 25%, which will help manufacturing and small business. It passed 235-193."

Matt Collins
04-19-2011, 10:08 AM
This is my understanding of Paul Ryan's plan:

- It allows for 10 more years of deficit spending
- It adds between $5-11 TRILLION dollars to the national debt
- It spends a total of $40 TRILLION over the next 10 years
- It will REQUIRE the debt ceiling to be raised
- It's obviously an unbalanced budget (in fact it doesn't fully balance until the year 2040)
- It actually continues to increase spending over the next few years (it merely slows the rate of spending, not actually cutting spending anytime soon)
- It is still bigger than the budget we had under Bill Clinton

Am I correct???

angelatc
04-19-2011, 10:29 AM
It's better than nothing.

Here's the Heritage Foundation's take on it: http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2011/04/Economic-Analysis-of-the-House-Budget-Resolution

Sola_Fide
04-19-2011, 10:32 AM
It's better than nothing.

This is what I think of Rand's plan though:(

At least Rand eliminates some agencies. We need to prove to people that life will go on (and even be better) without these federal bureaus.