PDA

View Full Version : Intense RP Discussion on TwoPlusTwo Poker Forum

KramerDSP
04-18-2011, 04:30 PM
I came across a thread on TwoPlusTwo where the OP implored fellow online poker players to give Ron Paul a second look. The thread is dominated by a RP supporter who shoots down every argument made by a tandem of other posters. It goes off the rails a little bit talking about the Federal Reserve for a couple pages, but I thought I'd share this with you all. It's good insight into how people who don't frequent this forum view Ron. FYI - There are 21 pages, so it is a relatively long thread.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/29/news-views-gossip/ron-paul-internet-gambling-x-post-legislation-1021624/

IDefendThePlatform
04-18-2011, 04:55 PM
Good find. By my count there are at least 9 different posters in the first two pages who either said they would vote for RP or defended him in some way. Liked what I saw (mostly).

Cleaner44
04-18-2011, 05:13 PM
A lot of poker player such as myself are libertarian and Ron Paul supporters.

freshjiva
04-18-2011, 05:29 PM
www.PokerPlayersforRonPaul.com? :D

Hell, why not. I'm thinking of launching a HinduAmericansforRonPaul.com.

eduardo89
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
I just read the entire thread (im bored) and that TomVeil guy absolutely destroyed.

KramerDSP
04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
I just read the entire thread (im bored) and that TomVeil guy absolutely destroyed.

Yeah, he was the one I mentioned in the OP that dominated the thread. The two shills (Dima and ???) are pretty stubborn, though. I did like Dima's chart near the end of the thread that appears to be more realistic.

belian78
04-18-2011, 07:09 PM

Hahahaha.. yes he did. I do have to give it to the ones arguing him though. For the most part they weren't trolls, they just can't imagine a world w/o the FED and central planning. I wish someone would have brought up the fact that when competing currencies may have crap ones in there, it would be localized and not spread its virus to all other banks. Which is what we are dealing with now.

IDefendThePlatform
04-18-2011, 07:30 PM
Hahahaha.. yes he did. I do have to give it to the ones arguing him though. For the most part they weren't trolls, they just can't imagine a world w/o the FED and central planning. I wish someone would have brought up the fact that when competing currencies may have crap ones in there, it would be localized and not spread its virus to all other banks. Which is what we are dealing with now.

+1

More competition in currency is the future (hopefully). Those history books we all read in gradeschool about the problems of having multiple currencies in the 1700s were garbage. Currencies are like any other consumer product: the market works best.

eduardo89
04-18-2011, 07:33 PM
Yeah I wish he'd brought up competition in currencies. Ron Paul doesn't plan on abolishing the Fed, just legalizing competition which will bring down the Fed on its own.