PDA

View Full Version : Marc Emery gives Ron Paul an endorsement from prison

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:10 PM
http://www.cannabisculture.com/v2/node/26888

I also urge my American friends to support the Presidential nomination campaigns of Congressman Ron Paul and former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson. These two men are great men, fully behind the repeal of cannabis prohibition, and do not retreat from saying so. They need our full support, in primary votes, in campaign contributions, in volunteer efforts, fundraising, and sign carrying. I cannot stress this too much. Ron Paul was the real man of Hope in 2008, but the false Hope was elected instead. Ron Paul is the greatest man of our time, a champion of the Constitution and has opposed every aspect of the drug war since first elected to Congress in 1974. He is co-sponsor of bills legalizing personal possession of cannabis [video link], industrial hemp, medical marijuana, the Truth in Trials Act, ending the Drug Czar's budget – simply every aspect of the federal drug war, Ron Paul has opposed it. [Marc's massive study of all US Congress votes for Cannabis Culture Magazine #63 showed that Ron Paul was the #1 supporter of our culture. View that article here.]

It is my fervent hope that the Republican Presidential ticket for 2012 will be Ron Paul & Gary Johnson as President/Vice-Presidential nominee. Ron Paul is an incredibly decent, honest, ethical man, an intellectual giant and a down-to-earth person. There simply has never been a better candidate for the trust of the people in the last 50 years for the office of President. For our people, our cannabis culture, there simply is no one who comes close. Jodie, if our American people want to honour my life-long struggle to secure their freedom in the face of this prohibition tyranny, they MUST support Ron Paul in his bid for President. [Read more about Ron Paul's stance on cannabis and the drug war here, here, here, and here.] ...

LibertyEagle
04-18-2011, 04:11 PM
Whoopee. I'm sure a whole lot of Republicans will be very impressed. :rolleyes:

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:21 PM

dannno
04-18-2011, 04:23 PM
Whoopee. I'm sure a whole lot of Republicans will be very impressed. :rolleyes:

There are a lot more cannabis tokers than likely Republican voters.

dannno
04-18-2011, 04:24 PM
I see you haven't changed a bit. Still being a dumbass. Part of the reason I rarely come here. Fuck off

You should really say that in a way that won't likely get you banned...(hopefully only temp banned)

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:27 PM

dannno
04-18-2011, 04:27 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/10/Marc_Emery_02.jpg/300px-Marc_Emery_02.jpg

Marc Scott Emery (born February 13, 1958) is a Canadian cannabis policy reform advocate, as well as a former cannabis seed seller. He recently began a five year sentence in a United States federal prison for selling cannabis seeds.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Emery

LibertyEagle
04-18-2011, 04:29 PM
I see you haven't changed a bit. Still being a dumbass. Part of the reason I rarely come here. Fuck off

How nice of you.

My point was that the vast majority of our candidates are running in the Republican Party. Unfortunately, Marc Embry is typically not idolized by them and legalizing drugs is not high on their priority list.

I realize that you do not like that fact, but it is the fact, nonetheless.

dannno
04-18-2011, 04:31 PM
I haven't been here for months mostly because of LE's bullshit. She has ran off more people from this forum than probably everyone else combined. If I get banned it will not break my heart. I stand by my statement. She would probably be better off joining some neocon forum

I understand your frustration but maybe try not letting one person upset you so much. There are a lot of people here.

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:32 PM
last I checked this was not "the republican party forum" it is the "Ron Paul forum" and he does happen to want to legalize drugs, I realize you do not like that fact, but it is the fact, nonetheless.

dannno
04-18-2011, 04:33 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8t7jqis2Mc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZJSHYPkWbo

LibertyEagle
04-18-2011, 04:33 PM
I haven't been here for months mostly because of LE's bullshit. She has ran off more people from this forum than probably everyone else combined.

Nah, I can think of several folks who hold that record for bashing Traditional Conservatives, Constitutionalists, Christians, etc., and running them right on out of here.

If I get banned it will not break my heart. I stand by my statement.

I am not even reporting you, dude. I feel sorry for you.

She would probably be better off joining some neocon forum

Interesting. Since I have supported and voted for Ron Paul, probably before you were in an itch in your Daddy's pants. ;)

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:36 PM
I understand your frustration but maybe try not letting one person upset you so much. There are a lot of people here.

Danno, you have been here long enough to know the history with an-caps and the like. And LE's power trip as a mod, and the fallout from all of that....

LibertyEagle
04-18-2011, 04:36 PM
last I checked this was not "the republican party forum" it is the "Ron Paul forum" and he does happen to want to legalize drugs, I realize you do not like that fact, but it is the fact, nonetheless.

Actually, you speaketh with a forked tongue. He does not want to legalize drugs; he wants to decriminalize them. Huge difference.

Dude, I took no exception to what you posted. I only made a comment about Republicans. I wish they would care, but they just won't. In fact, they will look upon it as a negative.

Chill out.

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:44 PM
Actually, you speaketh with a forked tongue. He does not want to legalize drugs; he wants to decriminalize them. Huge difference.

Dude, I took no exception to what you posted. I only made a comment about Republicans. I wish they would care, but they just won't. In fact, they will look upon it as a negative.

Chill out.

Consider myself chilled. I don't want to set here and argue with you. I posted an article that mentioned ron paul. whoever wants to read it will. whoever gets offended will get offended. I will leave it at that

123tim
04-18-2011, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE] Marc Scott Emery (born February 13, 1958) is a Canadian cannabis policy reform advocate, as well as a former cannabis seed seller. He recently began a five year sentence in a United States federal prison for selling cannabis seeds.[1]]

Thank you for that. You must have been reading my mind. I was just about to Google.

I'm glad that he's not a serial-killer.

dannno
04-18-2011, 04:48 PM

He wants to decriminalize the manufacture, sale and distribution of drugs, which is essentially legalizing.

Decriminalizing is often associated with only being able to possess and use those substances.

LibertyEagle
04-18-2011, 04:53 PM
DO, I apologize to you if you thought my initial post was to diss your thread. It wasn't at all and I apologize if it seemed that way. I am just frustrated with the situation we are in and the steep path we have to convince enough Republicans to join our ranks.

Peace, man.

disorderlyvision
04-18-2011, 04:59 PM
DO, I apologize to you if you thought my initial post was to diss your thread. It wasn't at all and I apologize if it seemed that way. I am just frustrated with the situation we are in and the steep path we have to convince enough Republicans to join our ranks.

Peace, man.

Fair enough, and that is respectable of you. I did take it as a slight, and overreacted do to our past history. So my apologies as well.

DeadheadForPaul
04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
::puts in "We Are the World"::

Awwwwwwww you guysssss

I understand both your frustrations - glad all is well now

We got enough external threats so good to see we can keep the peace here

erowe1
04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
Great. I wonder if we can get an O.J. Simpson endorsement too.

Edit: Then again, I suppose this endorsement could be of some use, since it might help keep some of RP's base sticking with him rather than jumping over to GJ.

angelatc
04-18-2011, 06:55 PM
There are a lot more cannabis tokers than likely Republican voters.

Maybe in California....

TheTyke
04-18-2011, 07:02 PM
I agree this isn't a winning issue in the Republican primary and will be used to marginalize/damage Ron there. Remember, if we really want to win, we have to realize the Republican primary is first and brainstorm on how to attract (and not repel) voters there.

This sort of thing will be excellent in a general election, and is why Ron will be so strong against Obama... but we have to get him there first.