PDA

View Full Version : Jesse Jackson Jr is truly against capitalism

cubical
04-18-2011, 12:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5X8W7MgbhM

And/or knows NOTHING about economics. The guy wants to halt advancements in technology and standard of living simply to keep people in their inefficient jobs. I would feel confident debating this guy on economics and I everything I have learned, I learned online over the last couple of years.

FrankRep
04-18-2011, 12:57 PM
We've been saying that for a long time. His father Jesse Jackson is just as bad.

specsaregood
04-18-2011, 01:00 PM
His father Jesse Jackson is just as bad.

Evidently his dad is a bi-sexual philanderer who hates gays too.

AZKing
04-18-2011, 01:05 PM
I can't load YT here, but is it him saying the iPad is causing unemployment? That's funny, just the other day he proclaimed we should give every kid an iPod and computer.

jmdrake
04-18-2011, 01:05 PM
Headline Jesse Jackson Jr. wants to increase our nation's carbon footprint in order to save jobs. I mean really, he wants to protect the paper industry? What about saving the trees? :rolleyes:

jmdrake
04-18-2011, 01:09 PM
I can't load YT here, but is it him saying the iPad is causing unemployment? That's funny, just the other day he proclaimed we should give every kid an iPod and computer.

lolz You got a link? I'd love to see that. Anyway his argument is that iPads hurt the publishing industry. He specifically complained about a university giving its students iPads instead of textbooks. Of course he's totally ignoring the Kindle (better for ebooks IMO). And the Kindle is still at least partly made in America.

http://blogs.hbr.org/hbr/restoring-american-competitiveness/2009/10/the-us-cant-manufacture-the-ki.html

cubical
04-18-2011, 02:52 PM

haha yeah true. the guy must not hear himself speak.

jmdrake
04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
I found the clip where Jesse Jackson Jr. said giving every student an iPod and a laptop would help curb unemployment. Somebody needs to put these two clips together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhdPrA0b1UM

Oh yeah, and it's laughable that he thinks changing the constitution for there to be a right to an education would cause more schools to be built. :rolleyes: It's not like there's anybody in America saying "I would send my child to school if only there was a school to send him to".

The only real question is, what caused him to change his tune? I bet if one were to dig into his contribution records you'd find a donations from brick and mortar booksellers, the paper industry and the publishing industry.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-18-2011, 03:45 PM
Chicago Politicians.

VIDEODROME
04-18-2011, 03:58 PM
So could you say the Ipad is a Green Technology because it is saving Trees?

AGRP
04-18-2011, 04:31 PM
Should conduct mandatory drug tests on government officials?

cindy25
04-19-2011, 06:05 AM
his district is dependent on hand outs; just playing to his base