PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen Reports: Obama 49%, Trump 34%

qh4dotcom
04-18-2011, 10:14 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/april_2011/obama_49_trump_34

RonPaulFanInGA
04-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Americans as a whole just aren't that into birthers.

May win someone a GOP primary, but that represents only like 15%-20% of the electorate.

qh4dotcom
04-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Americans as a whole just aren't that into birthers.

May win someone a GOP primary, but that represents only like 15%-20% of the electorate.

Can win you a general election too if enough states like Arizona kick candidates off their ballot who can't prove they are natural born citizens.

Anyway, what happens every election will likely happen next year...the voting for the lesser evil...in this case the lesser evil is Trump no matter how much he talks about the birth certificate issue

sailingaway
04-18-2011, 10:40 AM
Heck I'd probably vote for Obama and divided government, given that choice....

And work like crazy on the Senate races...

freshjiva
04-18-2011, 11:00 AM
I really wish Rasmussen did another Obama vs Ron Paul poll. Last time around was nothing short of amazing. I'd be interested to see if the numbers have improved since then.

Aratus
04-18-2011, 11:11 AM
ron paul was even with barack obama one year ago
and the donald right now is only 15 points behind???

silentshout
04-18-2011, 11:17 AM

Me too.

sailingaway
04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
I really wish Rasmussen did another Obama vs Ron Paul poll. Last time around was nothing short of amazing. I'd be interested to see if the numbers have improved since then.

No, they wen't down, but it was just at the time Obama's numbers temporarily shot up. They are a lot lower again than they were when the poll was taken (a couple months ago, I think)

Anti Federalist
04-18-2011, 12:54 PM
One term presidents are a thing of the past.

It is too upsetting to the continuity of government, even though presidents are now, for all intents and purposes, rubber stamp, "Unitary Executive" figureheads for the TPTB.

sailingaway
04-18-2011, 12:59 PM
I posted a hot air write up of this separately, because it briefly discussed Ron http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?288171-Hot-Air-Rasmussen-survey-shows-Obama-can%92t-clear-50-even-against-Trump-(note-Ron-s-favs)

cheapseats
04-18-2011, 01:05 PM

It is too upsetting to the continuity of government, even though presidents are now, for all intents and purposes, rubber stamp, "Unitary Executive" figureheads for the TPTB.

We WANT to "upset the continuity of government," yes?

It is WORTH revisiting some "things from the past," yes? Maybe ONE TERM PRESIDENCIES are up there with SOUND MONEY, ETHICS IN BUSINESS & HONOR IN OFFICE.

Between his AGE and what ARE his "strong negatives" (despite Devotees' stubborn denial of their existence), announcing resolve to be a one-term president might WIN OVER, on a short-term commitment, a critical-indeed-necessary mass of the many many many many people who loathe Obama but who do NOT love the soon-to-be-elderly, historically ineffectual Ron Paul. With his offputting extremist Hardright supporters.

libertybrewcity
04-18-2011, 01:34 PM

I don't think they are a thing of the past yet. Republicans are just so lost they can't produce a candidate that everyone will vote for. GW f'ed everything up for a looonngg time.

qh4dotcom
04-18-2011, 04:42 PM
:)

BlackTerrel
04-19-2011, 12:17 AM
Yeah that sounds about right. As I said in other threads - the birther argument isn't winning you any elections.

MelissaCato
04-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Donald Trump !!!! YOUR FIRED !!!!!!!!!! Keep Latoyia Jackson though. Bless her heart. Ron Paul 2012 !!!!! This is it. YeeeeeHawwwww

qh4dotcom
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM

Oh please, look at the crappy job the current divided government is doing...

doodle
04-21-2011, 12:19 AM
Obama and Trump...brothers from different mothers.