04-17-2011, 04:35 PM
disgusting

btw: Great idea for a website

heavenlyboy34
04-17-2011, 05:22 PM
:eek: WTF? How disgusting. A bunch of cowardly bullies, those cops are. :P:mad:

pcosmar
04-17-2011, 05:26 PM
8 months old isn't even a dog. It is a puppy.

And shooting up a residential neighborhood is just fucking stupid.
:mad:

aGameOfThrones
04-17-2011, 06:15 PM
Criminals!

Carehn
04-17-2011, 06:18 PM
More and more i think they just find TRULY mentally retarded people, give them guns, and send them loose into the wild. You know half the cops could not hold a job at BK. Fucking Savages with modern weapons.

chudrockz
04-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Message to anyone, police or not, who thinks this is acceptable behavior in MY neighborhood:

I shoot back.

aGameOfThrones
04-17-2011, 06:34 PM
http://images1.cpcache.com/product/151323801v9_480x480_Front.jpg

AtomiC
04-17-2011, 06:36 PM
This is unacceptable.

MelissaCato
04-17-2011, 08:06 PM
Omg

Vessol
04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
What, they didn't pull out the tank for it?

mport1
04-17-2011, 08:18 PM
Cops do this ALL the time. What a bunch of thugs.

Chester Copperpot
04-17-2011, 08:24 PM
IM glad somebody made a website.. it seems like some cops somewhere are killing a dog somewhere in america like once a month

jmdrake
04-17-2011, 08:31 PM
At about 1:40 seconds into this video you see some Muslim women talking about the shooting. So who should we really be the most afraid of? Out of control LEOs or Muslims?

daviddee
04-17-2011, 08:32 PM

Kylie
04-17-2011, 08:35 PM
Crossposted. Thanks for the site.

Unacceptable is what this is. Those cops should be fired immediately and brought up on reckless endangerment charges.

$20 says they get a paid vacation instead.

Teaser Rate
04-17-2011, 08:36 PM
Leave it to government employees to waste 33 bullets in situations where 10 or 15 would have sufficed.

Hopefully the officer who shot the dog spends some time on the shooting range with the dog cut-outs to improve his accuracy.

osan
04-17-2011, 09:02 PM
The question that such events as this raises is how far will people allow themselves to be pushed before pushing back without equivocation. I have no problem whatsoever with trying police in this fashion and holding them ultimately accountable for their violations of the public trust. My reason is that the so-called "system" has failed completely. Cops murder people left and right with impunity now and it is time we bring this to a stop. The only way this is likely to happen is to take unequivocal steps that let them know that such behavior shall no longer be tolerated in any measure. Violate the public trust, forfeit your life. It is as simple as that. I do not see any other solution forthcoming at this time that reasonable people would view as satisfying.

I for one am sick and tired of this institutionalized and legitimized violation of our rights. I am not a violent man, but enough is enough and the time to fight back with more than words and complaints to the corrupt and otherwise ineffective courts is now past us. Take them, try them, kill them. If perchance they are found not guilty, let them go, but reasonable charges should be investigated and real justice secured. If that requires circumvention of the official avenues of redress, so be it.

BamaAla
04-17-2011, 09:09 PM
At about 1:40 seconds into this video you see some Muslim women talking about the shooting. So who should we really be the most afraid of? Out of control LEOs or Muslims?

Winner!

Carehn
04-17-2011, 09:18 PM
Leave it to government employees to waste 33 bullets in situations where 10 or 15 would have sufficed.

Hopefully the officer who shot the dog spends some time on the shooting range with the dog cut-outs to improve his accuracy.

Bullets are cheep. Or they use to be. I see the humor in your post. It should have only taken 1 bullet lest it be inhuman. but here is the kicker. What is really wasteful is the court cost the city bettor damn well have to fork over along with restitution. I would sue the piss out of these nuts.

What is really wasteful is getting a half retarded bee drone of an ape to do what should be a mans job. Any one who has ever even been around a gun should know this is not how they are to be handled. They should pass a law restricting government workers from having guns on the job. You just cant trust monkeys with human technology.

Mach
04-18-2011, 01:51 AM
I think a lot of the cops these days feel like "pussies" if they don't get to shoot their guns on duty or something, it use to be a proud thing to be able to say that they never had to fire their weapon in the line of duty, now if they don't, they get laughed at in the locker room.

The proud day is gone, now it's just... betterbyyoubetterthanme!

It's called... militarization.... or Police State.

jmdrake
04-18-2011, 08:25 AM
I just thought about something. If this had been some kid instead of a dog they might have planted a gun on him.

Live_Free_Or_Die
04-18-2011, 08:34 AM
I am relieved knowing they got it. I wasn't sure by the thread title they got it and thought there might have been a massive dog hunt going on in case it escaped.

Krugerrand
04-18-2011, 08:46 AM
I find it disturbing that nobody here appreciates the fine work these officers did to protect the residents City of Camden. Do you people not realize that such protection involves risk? Yes, a child's life here or there may be lost in the process. But, what if that friendly, happy puppy may have without warning eaten the cops donuts turned and attacked somebody. It's crucial that we not place limits on these fine men who every day risk life and limb to keep us our cities safe. :rolleyes:

The story gives me flashbacks of the Costco circular firing squad. It's no wonder it can be dangerous being a cop.

fisharmor
04-18-2011, 08:50 AM
Fuck dogs.
Seriously, people. It's already happening to humans on a regular basis. The dog shooting is just to acclimate us for when it happens to us.
Keep your eyes on the ball. All of this dog shooting is just a feint. It gets all of you saying things like "getting a half retarded bee drone of an ape to do what should be a mans job" and "it use to be a proud thing to be able to say that they never had to fire their weapon in the line of duty".
These statements still assume that we need them.

Stop falling for the liberal stand-by line: "If we only had the right people in office".
Stop thinking that way. Get rid of the office. If calling the cops gets 33 rounds fired in a residential neighborhood, then getting rid of the cops is a step up.

LibertyRevolution
04-18-2011, 12:21 PM
disappointing video... I wanted to see video of the actual event, I want to see and hear 33 shots being fired into a pit bull.
Does no one own an iphone on that block? I mean come on people get your friggin cameras out..

How do you hit the second floor of a house when shooting at a dog, can blue pit bulls fly or something I don't know about?
Seems like just a good excuse to shoot up the local Muslims house and minivan I suspect.

daviddee
04-18-2011, 12:45 PM

Anti Federalist
04-18-2011, 12:47 PM
Just a quaint little reminder from Officer Friendly to the local Mundanes, who dared have the temerity to lay some of his brother tax feeders off as the city of Camden crumbles and goes broke.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2011, 09:23 PM
This story deserves a bump

Teaser Rate
04-18-2011, 09:40 PM
This story deserves a bump

I’m curious, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by promoting all these stories of police misconduct? In a country of 300+ million people, there is always going to be stories of cops making mistakes; isolated cases don’t prove anything. Now if you could prove a statistically significant increase in police wrongdoing, that might be interesting.

It’s a difficult, stressful job and even the best of them can make the occasional error in judgment, I’m grateful that there are people who there who put their lives on the line every day so I don’t have to. And I’m also sympathetic to the fact that their overwhelmingly positive work gets taken for granted and their few errors get scrutinized by everyone.

Anti Federalist
04-18-2011, 10:03 PM
What I am trying to promote is an increased awareness of the tactics, policies and institutional demeanor of police forces that has changed, what used to be "keeping the peace", into a heavily armed militarized force of an occupying army.

I am trying draw attention to the fact that roughly 10 to 20 percent of inmates on death row, supposedly the ne plus ultra of our criminal justice system, where supposedly every single form of judicial oversight is used to protect the rights of the accused, are innocent, most of them landed there by the actions of corrupt or lazy cops and prosecutors.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that, in this new brave world of hyper safety and security, where government claims the right to put their hands down the pants of 6 year old little girls to feel them up for "weapons or explosives", you are still 8 times more likely to be killed by a cop than a terrorist.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that, due mostly to federal influence, the way cops are trained to use deadly force has now degenerated into a, for the most part, blow the scumbag Mundane away, and ask questions later policy.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that we, the USA, has more people in prison than any other country on the face of the earth, both in raw numbers and per capita.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that you should never, ever, talk to cops as part of an "official" investigation. You should always "invoke" and refuse to speak without counsel. Violate that rule at your own peril.

Finally, I'm using this shift in attitude by police to illustrate the larger shift in the way in which government interacts with the governed. It is now very clear that "we" are no longer the masters, but that government is, "You will fall in line and comply, Mundane! Resist, and we have armies of men with automatic weapons, tanks and grenades, that will come and light your ass up. In fact, they are itching and salivating at the prospect. You got that, boy?"

There are many names for a society in which that is the case.

A free and open one is not one of those names.

I’m curious, what exactly are you trying to accomplish by promoting all these stories of police misconduct? In a country of 300+ million people, there is always going to be stories of cops making mistakes; isolated cases don’t prove anything. Now if you could prove a statistically significant increase in police wrongdoing, that might be interesting.

It’s a difficult, stressful job and even the best of them can make the occasional error in judgment, I’m grateful that there are people who there who put their lives on the line every day so I don’t have to. And I’m also sympathetic to the fact that their overwhelmingly positive work gets taken for granted and their few errors get scrutinized by everyone.

Pericles
04-18-2011, 10:13 PM

Do you want to live in a country in which when your home is invaded at 3 in the morning, you are supposed to think - wait, that might be the police?

Teaser Rate
04-18-2011, 10:23 PM
What I am trying to promote is an increased awareness of the tactics, policies and institutional demeanor of police forces that has changed, what used to be "keeping the peace", into a heavily armed militarized force of an occupying army.

I am trying draw attention to the fact that roughly 10 to 20 percent of inmates on death row, supposedly the ne plus ultra of our criminal justice system, where supposedly every single form of judicial oversight is used to protect the rights of the accused, are innocent, most of them landed there by the actions of corrupt or lazy cops and prosecutors.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that, in this new brave world of hyper safety and security, where government claims the right to put their hands down the pants of 6 year old little girls to feel them up for "weapons or explosives", you are still 8 times more likely to killed by a cop than a terrorist.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that, due mostly to federal influence, the way cops are trained to use deadly force has now degenerated into a, for the most part, blow the scumbag Mundane away, and ask questions later policy.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that we, the USA, has more people in prison than any other country on the face of the earth, both in raw numbers and per capita.

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that you should never, ever, talk to cops as part of an "official" investigation. You should always "invoke" and refuse to speak without counsel. Violate that rule at your own peril.

Finally, I'm using this shift in attitude by police to illustrate the larger shift in the way in which government interacts with the governed. It is now very clear that "we" are longer the masters, but that government is, "You will fall in line and comply, Mundane! Resist, and we have armies of men with automatic weapons, tanks and grenades, that will come and light your ass up. In fact, they are itching and salivating at the prospect. You got that, boy?"

The only point in your speech I find convincing is the one about prison population, which I absolutely agree with. It's a direct result of our misguided war on drugs and the fact that it is continuing to this day is a moral outrage.

All your other points lack the statistical data to back them up; I don't know if there's an increase in police wrongdoing, or the fact that these anecdotes are propping up more often is just the result of new media.

Btw, I've talked to cops many times, and they've always been courteous and professional to me. If you've done nothing wrong, I think you're less likely to get in trouble by answering their questions rather than pleading the 5th until your lawyer gets there. Also, your statistic about terrorists is meaningless, terrorism is such an insignificant statistical cause of death in the US that it's probably as likely as being hit by a falling vending machine.

heavenlyboy34
04-18-2011, 10:45 PM

I'm trying to draw attention to the fact that, in this new brave world of hyper safety and security, where government claims the right to put their hands down the pants of 6 year old little girls to feel them up for "weapons or explosives", you are still 8 times more likely to killed by a cop than a terrorist.

Finally, I'm using this shift in attitude by police to illustrate the larger shift in the way in which government interacts with the governed. It is now very clear that "we" are longer the masters, but that government is, "You will fall in line and comply, Mundane! Resist, and we have armies of men with automatic weapons, tanks and grenades, that will come and light your ass up. In fact, they are itching and salivating at the prospect. You got that, boy?"

I'd give you +rep, but I'm out at the moment. :(

Teaser Rate
04-18-2011, 10:47 PM
I'd give you +rep, but I'm out at the moment. :(

Off-topic, but how do you know how much rep you have to give/take away?

Anti Federalist
04-18-2011, 10:50 PM
The only point in your speech I find convincing is the one about prison population, which I absolutely agree with. It's a direct result of our misguided war on drugs and the fact that it is continuing to this day is a moral outrage.

All your other points lack the statistical data to back them up; I don't know if there's an increase in police wrongdoing, or the fact that these anecdotes are propping up more often is just the result of new media.

One proves the other. If millions of people are in the system ie: in prison, or paroled or on probation or other form of state "correction" due to the WoD, that is prima facie evidence that the number of arrests, raids and midnight SWAT team adventures has increased as well.

I, and others, have already posted the significant statistical increase in risk that you take when you have a random encounter with a cop as opposed to a random citizen.

I'm too tired to search for that thread right now, but I'll find it and bump for you.

Btw, I've talked to cops many times, and they've always been courteous and professional to me. If you've done nothing wrong, I think you're less likely to get in trouble by answering their questions rather than pleading the 5th until your lawyer gets there.

Meh. Your funeral.

I was listening to that same reasoning the other day with an interview with one of the "owners" of "Federal Jack", a freedom youtube and blog site.

He had a visit from the FBI, apparently random, you know, just standard low level harassment. He had the good sense to keep them out of his house, but then talked to them outside, specifically answering "NO", to this question: "Have you had any contact with 'terrorists or violent radicals'"?

Now, here's what could have happened to this fellow...

Now then, do recall every single conversation you had with every single person, going back, say, through the course of a year?

This fellow may have very well talked to a "violent radical" without him even knowing it, most likely a government informant if he did, and even if nothing "violent" was discussed, even if it was just an innocent five minute conversation on nothing more significant than the weather, the government has it on record and he has now just committed a federal felony, "lying to a federal official" by claiming that "he never talked to any violent radicals".

All because he "had nothing to hide" and "didn't want to get in trouble with the law" and shot his fool mouth off.

People go to jail every fucking day in this country because of shit just like that.

And if you think that you could use the cop's testimony to prove that nothing violent was discussed, you're wrong, evidence rules in all 50 states and the federal courts will have it thrown out it as "hearsay".

"The Video"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Also, your statistic about terrorists is meaningless, terrorism is such an insignificant statistical cause of death in the US that it's probably as likely as being hit by a falling vending machine.

Good, then we can start dismantling DHS and TSA and stop the wars and bring the troops home and take down all the spy cameras and stop the eavesdropping of all our electronic communications, just for starters.

Philhelm
04-18-2011, 10:53 PM
If that requires circumvention of the official avenues of redress, so be it.

Some would argue that the Second Amendment provides for an official avenue of redress...

Philhelm
04-18-2011, 10:58 PM

+1776
A name for such a society is tyranny.

GuerrillaXXI
04-18-2011, 11:02 PM
All your other points lack the statistical data to back them up; I don't know if there's an increase in police wrongdoing, or the fact that these anecdotes are propping up more often is just the result of new media.One thing I've come to realize is that with very few exceptions, ALL cops are corrupt pigs. Here's why:

(1) Nearly all of them will gladly arrest people for violating blatantly unconstitutional laws against victimless crimes. But this isn't nearly the worst of it...

(2) Watch the video of any incident of police brutality or misconduct in which there are multiple, random cops present. Ever notice how the cops perpetrating the outrage don't hesitate to do so right in full view of other cops, without any fear of being arrested or reported? That's because of the Blue Wall of Silence (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Code_of_Silence), which many police (though understandably not all) anonymously acknowledge to exist.

(3) In spite of the huge number of video clips out there showing cops abusing citizens without cause, simple probabilistic considerations tell us that these must be the tip of the iceberg. Just as a tiny percentage of violent crimes committed by common criminals are caught on tape, so must only a tiny percentage of cop crimes get caught on tape. A lot of good sites keep a compilation of these. Here's one: http://www.policecrimes.org/forum/index.php

(4) The paramilitary mentality of today's law enforcement speaks for itself. Those people want to be seen as an occupying army. Watch the pigs attack any large group of protesters -- even peaceful ones -- and you'll see all kinds of violent felonies committed (see my following post). Again, these crimes are committed in full view of other cops in the confidence that no one will be reported by a "brother officer." Thus, they're all guilty by association.

Btw, I've talked to cops many times, and they've always been courteous and professional to me.Ted Bundy was also considered to be quite charming. Similarly, superficial charm is a well-known characteristic of psychopathy.

If you've done nothing wrong, I think you're less likely to get in trouble by answering their questions rather than pleading the 5th until your lawyer gets there.A lot of things that aren't wrong are still illegal, and the typical cop won't hesitate to arrest someone (or worse) for doing one of those things.

GuerrillaXXI
04-18-2011, 11:06 PM
Here's an older article from the Miami Herald I saved years ago. It illustrates my point above: cops aren't afraid to commit violent felonies in front of other cops, since there's an agreement among all of them not to report each other for violating citizens' rights.

Posted on Sat, Dec. 20, 2003

FREE TRADE MEETING
Judge: I saw police commit felonies
A judge who said he witnessed some of the anti-free trade protests complains in open court about how police handled the demonstrations.
By AMY DRISCOLL
adriscoll@herald.com

A judge presiding over the cases of free trade protesters said in court that he saw ''no less than 20 felonies committed by police officers'' during the November demonstrations, adding to a chorus of complaints about police conduct.

Judge Richard Margolius, 60, made the remarks in open court last week, saying he was taken aback by what he witnessed while attending the protests.

''Pretty disgraceful what I saw with my own eyes. And I have always supported the police during my entire career,'' he said, according to a court transcript. "This was a real eye-opener. A disgrace for the community.''

In the transcript, he also said he may have to remove himself from any additional cases involving arrests made during the Free Trade Area of the Americas summit.

''I probably would have been arrested myself if it had not been for a police officer who recognized me,'' said the judge, who wears his hair in a graying ponytail.

CIRCUIT JUDGE

Margolius, appointed to the bench in 1982, retired as a circuit judge in 2001 but said he still hears cases 15 to 20 weeks a year when courts are overburdened.

On Friday, he chose not to elaborate on the remarks he made from the bench Dec. 11.

''I can't comment on pending cases,'' he said. "It was inappropriate for me to make the comments I made. A reasonable person could question my neutrality because of statements I made in open court.''

The judge did not single out a police department. More than three dozen agencies were part of the FTAA security effort. The Miami Police Department coordinated most police operations.

Angel Calzadilla, executive assistant to Miami Police Chief John Timoney, said: "The chief's not going to comment on something this vague. If the judge would like to file a complaint with the CIP [Citizens Investigative Panel] he can do that like any other citizen.''

Nelda Fonticiella, a spokeswoman for the Miami-Dade Police Department, which had a large presence during the protests, also said the judge can file a complaint. ''It would be our hope and expectation that if this is how he feels, that he would recuse himself from those cases,'' she said.

Margolius had been hearing the cases of Joseph Diamond and Danielle Kilroy, both arrested during the FTAA protests. Diamond had been charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, a felony; the charges were dropped by the state at the Dec. 11 hearing.

RESISTING ARREST

Kilroy also faced felony charges -- battery on a police officer and resisting arrest with violence. Her charges were reduced to a single misdemeanor, resisting arrest without violence, according to members of the Miami Activist Defense, a legal group monitoring the court hearings.

During the Dec. 11 hearings, the judge asked an assistant state attorney, "How many police officers have been charged by the State Attorney so far for what happened out there during the FTAA?''

None, the prosecutor replied.

''None?'' asked the judge. "Pretty sad commentary. At least from what I saw.''

The judge also wondered aloud how much the ''whole episode'' had cost taxpayers.

''I know one thing. There were police officers from every agency -- I couldn't believe the sheer numbers,'' he said.

Laurel Ripple, a protester who was arrested and is working with MAD, said she was in the courtroom during Margolius' remarks.

''I'm really glad he saw for himself what was happening . . . I'm really glad he was out there,'' she said. "As a lifelong Miami resident and victim of the police during the FTAA, it was really supportive to hear that kind of affirmation from Judge Margolius.''

The FTAA summit, Nov. 20 and 21, sparked marches and protests in downtown Miami and resulted in 231 arrests. Since then, at least 27 misdemeanors have been dropped, according to prosecutors' records last updated Dec. 2. Additional cases have been dropped or the charges reduced, according to MAD members.

Two citizens' panels plan to hold a joint meeting Jan. 15 to hear comments and complaints about police conduct during the FTAA, and both Miami-Dade and Miami police are conducting internal reviews. Amnesty International, the AFL-CIO and the United Steelworkers of America all have called for independent probes.

A Miami police spokeswoman said officers were instructed to make arrests only as necessary.

MIAMI POLICE

''We were told to deal with situations that were serious but we were always told to be very patient with people,'' said Herminia ''Amy'' Salas-Jacobson, a Miami police spokeswoman.

"In the training sessions we were told to be professional, be patient and to do everything right. There was one thing that was stressed at every meeting: Always be professional.''

During Margolius' informal speech, he noted that he couldn't recognize officers because "everybody had riot gear on.''

''I hope the state has the good, common sense to deal with these cases in an appropriate manner, with an eye on justice,'' he added.

Herald staff writer Charles Rabin contributed to this report.

GuerrillaXXI
04-18-2011, 11:12 PM
Some would argue that the Second Amendment provides for an official avenue of redress...It does, though many will not be willing to take the risk of carrying out an assassination. But I resolved long ago that if some pig(s) ever victimizes me or someone close to me, and if the system refuses to give me justice (which does NOT mean lots of taxpayer dollars, but honest-to-goodness prison time for the offender), then I'm going into Carlos Hathcock mode. If I don't get away with it, I'll save the last bullet for myself.

Each of us WILL die someday. Whether it happens sooner or later isn't the most important thing. I will not live under the boot of some cowardly lowlife who thinks a government costume and privileged status allows him to have his way with me or mine.

daviddee
04-18-2011, 11:18 PM

daviddee
04-18-2011, 11:20 PM

ivflight
04-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Umm, can anyone even begin to explain how some of those bullets hit so high up when they were shooting at a dog?

Mani
04-19-2011, 12:01 AM
Here's an older article from the Miami Herald I saved years ago. It illustrates my point above: cops aren't afraid to commit violent felonies in front of other cops, since there's an agreement among all of them not to report each other for violating citizens' rights.

Miami police...

While I personally know a few wonderful officers, there are some bad apples.

I was in a car with a co-worker who is a bit of a hot head, and he got into ROAD RAGE with a new shiny Escalade on super busy clogged stretch of 3 lane road which is one of the busiest in Miami. It's usually a packed road 15 hours of the day.

After several minutes of road rage, mind you quite reckless driving, with TONS of cars EVERYWHERE on a busy afternoon, the Escalade owner JUMPS out of the car and runs over to our vehicle.

The guy is pulling on the door handle and my coworkers gets out (he's ex-military and not easily intimidated) and the guy is screaming, "DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM???? DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM??? I'M A POLICE OFFICER!!!"

My co-worker just says, "I Don't care!"

And the light turns green and he goes running back into the street and hops in his car and drives off...

WTF.

BTW, the guys I knew who were excited about signing up for duty were pretty unsuccessful in their professional careers, had some brawn, little brains, but were really desperate to feel important or powerful. I kept thinking, "This is a bad combination."

Again I had a couple friends who were officers who were absolutely amazing people (lost touch after I moved), but even one of them told me Miami's compensation back during the boom was insane. If you decided to work extra overtime you got huge compensation, and if you declined overtime but then were forced to work overtime you got even MORE compensation. You could pull down $150K - $250K annually back in the day. So you had some single 24 year guys who could make some serious cash if they just worked and didn't do anything else.

I think that all changed after the housing crash. They do put their life on the line so I'm not going to get into a debate about their compensation, but the attitude of the guys I met who were excited about signing up, was quite worrisome.

daviddee
04-19-2011, 12:07 AM

TruckinMike
04-19-2011, 07:45 AM
Teaser Rate --- Now if you could prove a statistically significant increase in police wrongdoing, that might be interesting.

How 'bout this ---- I have to deal with police(dot officers) on a daily basis --- The percentage of them NOT being described as jackbooted thugs is running about 10% to 20% (depending on the state) - Hows that for statistics? And its getting worse - That JBT attitude of government authoritarian scum that I have to deal with is getting to the point that I am expecting to hear reports of "Crazed truck driver runs over scale house and then goes back for a second run as she saw their bodies in the mirror still writhing in the carnage"

That day is coming.

TMike

Note: Its not only that they give undeserved tickets out, its how they do it. They have a way of demeaning drivers that only a JBT could enjoy. It goes something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmlTkAfvtSk

fisharmor
04-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Miami police...

While I personally know a few wonderful officers

You know people with great personalities who may not shoot dogs and people unnecessarily.
You do know know "wonderful officers".
You know people who are 100% complicit in everything that that department condones.
There are bad cops. Nobody denies this.
Nobody polices the cops but the cops.
As long as there are bad cops, there are no good cops.

moostraks
04-19-2011, 08:19 AM
...When we are back in the USA we absolutely know we are in a police state... If you believe what we have is freedom then you have officially gone to sleep, and as AF describes, you are a mundane.

This is not some paranoid rant... This is reality that I, and others on here, try to document with facts. Facts that are best displayed, without embellishments, in news articles.

...This entire mindset is part of the police state apparatus. Divide, conquer, and own.

A unified front is powerful. A divided, infighting masses are weak.

It isn't just police but all state agencies. My pet favorites (/sarc) are those I have been exposed to and live to tell about the horror stories. Unfortunately like you well explained people who have not been there done that have some major doubts that somehow you contributed to the actions of the state. I felt so humiliated by what happened to our family that I couldn't/wouldn't discuss it with even my extended family members. We have opened the eyes of a few individuals slowly over time by maintaining a consistent position but it is hardly effective as the system's corruption is so vast.

Krugerrand
04-19-2011, 08:25 AM
I knew something was up years back when I started driving. It didn't take long to realize that police cars don't follow the traffic laws for which they cite other people for. What do you suppose the purpose is of the FOP stickers on license plates? I remember seeing a classy VW Passat with two state trooper ball caps in the back window ... what do you suppose those are for? They're to let other police know that they are part of the privileged class that is not expected to follow laws. In my parts of SW Pennsylvania ... we have seen a number of spousal abuse by police officers. They rarely, if ever, face legal consequences.

The police of today perceive themselves as a privileged class to which ordinary laws do not apply.

pcosmar
04-19-2011, 09:07 AM
Umm, can anyone even begin to explain how some of those bullets hit so high up when they were shooting at a dog?

Yes.
People with no skill or respect for others were shooting guns in a residential area.

Krugerrand
04-19-2011, 09:10 AM
Yes.
People with no skill or respect for others (and who know they will face no consequences for reckless endangerment) were shooting guns in a residential area.

Mind if I make a modification?

pcosmar
04-19-2011, 09:15 AM
Mind if I make a modification?

Not at all. that too is correct.

daviddee
04-19-2011, 09:55 AM

ninepointfive
04-19-2011, 10:53 AM
I can feel the revolutionary spirit brewing stronger. one day.

daviddee
04-19-2011, 11:08 AM

Anti Federalist
04-19-2011, 11:09 AM
Is it true that DOT can piss test you on the side of the road... at any time?

Coast Guard can do it to licensed mariners at any time, on any boarding, for any reason or no reason at all, so I suspect truckers are no different.

Look at who the system has attacked over the last thirty years, the very last of independent people left in this society.

Truckers, fishermen, ranchers, small farmers and so on...there's a reason for that.

We've been the test bed for what is coming for everybody else, because we're small, mostly out of the public eye (with the exception of the fishing and trucking and logging "reality shows" which are nothing more than sad codas and obituaries for a bunch of dead men, walking) and because we're "independent" which used to be looked at in positive light.

Now, it's looked at askance, at best, as possible "terrorists" at worst that need to have DHS called on us.

And I've lived through it, watched it happen and have enough of my mind left to be able to recall how it was thirty years ago compared to now.

And I end up looking like this man:

http://a.onionstatic.com/images/articles/article/48340/crying-indian_jpg_627x325_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Anti Federalist
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM
Bump

Anti Federalist
04-19-2011, 08:16 PM
one last bump

osan
04-20-2011, 09:05 PM
What is really wasteful is getting a half retarded bee drone of an ape to do what should be a mans job.

"Cop" is a job that ought not exist in the first place.

Sheesh.

Anti Federalist
04-21-2011, 08:54 PM
///