04-17-2011, 02:55 PM
Says "bring them home"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7JuXNPxIAw

PermanentSleep
04-17-2011, 03:05 PM
vomit.

Lucille
04-17-2011, 03:07 PM
I'm not going to watch it. Did the teaocons boo him for his Ron Paul rhetoric?

Epic
04-17-2011, 04:24 PM
This is a good thing that Trump is non-interventionist to some degree.

It's about ideas. Our ideas are winning more and more.

The next time Paul brings up non-interventionism in debates it won't seem so kooky if Trump (and Johnson) is saying it too.

gerryb
04-17-2011, 06:19 PM
This is a good thing that Trump is non-interventionist to some degree.

It's about ideas. Our ideas are winning more and more.

The next time Paul brings up non-interventionism in debates it won't seem so kooky if Trump (and Johnson) is saying it too.

Trump is really starting to seem like a spoiler, maybe they are his own ideas, maybe not. A part of me is wishing he is the "billionaire" from 2008 and he is just trailblazing on these topics and isn't actually going to run. Being that he donates to Democrats, I know this isn't true. One can dream though, right?

Brett85
04-17-2011, 08:45 PM
I'm not going to watch it. Did the teaocons boo him for his Ron Paul rhetoric?

The perception of Ron's foreign policy views are much more unpopular than his actual foreign policy views. He has a messenging problem.

Gage
04-17-2011, 09:02 PM
He didn't necesarilly agree with the "bring them home" that was yelled out; he even suggested we should stay in Iraq, pretty much indefinitely it seems, because of a "potential" threat of Iran invading them.

Flash
04-17-2011, 09:05 PM
He didn't necesarilly agree with the "bring them home" that was yelled out; he even suggested we should stay in Iraq, pretty much indefinitely it seems, because of a "potential" threat of Iran invading them.

Yeah he didn't commit fully to the "bring them home" thing although he said he would like to. It seems like he's just copying some of Ron's rhetoric.

BamaAla
04-17-2011, 09:13 PM
Trump? At a Tea Party? Who was responsible for that invitation?

gaazn
04-17-2011, 09:40 PM
Trump is for real. He will be the biggest threat so far to almost anyone because he hasn't been anywhere near Washington. He is also considered a media superstar, which works now. 24 hour news also makes anything a candidate did in the past seem almost irrelevant. Think of all the things Obama bashed Bush for as a candidate; nothing's sticking to him. I think Ron Paul will realize that the anti-Washington mood will make another run very difficult, so Rand Paul will run instead in 2012. But don't underestimate Trump.

Don Lapre
04-17-2011, 10:10 PM
I agree that Trump is for real - and as I said elsewhere, I think the GOP will eventually trot out a Trump - Huckabee ticket.

Trump is the only one in the GOP to vigorously assault Obama without sounding like a spineless politician.

By doing so, he's making every republican sheep's dick longer.

Donald has tapped into a large segment of the population because he's saying things just the way folks have desperately WANTED things to be said.

People are just sick to death of Barry and the liberal media which has diligently covered his ass over the past few years.

Here comes an "outsider" who's taking a fucking sledgehammer to it - and the folks are lapping it up.

I think he'll gain even more traction as Barry's past becomes something that he has to face up to.

I predict things are going to get VERY bad for Obama in the coming months, and Trump, because he will be perceived as the guy who really began to light the fire, will benefit the most.

I think anyone dismissing Trump now is making an error.

Johnnymac
04-17-2011, 10:14 PM
this world is so fucking fickle it pisses me off, Trump wont better our country and he says Obama was a nobody, which is true but he should talk, i smell a snake big time

Shane Harris
04-17-2011, 10:17 PM
i hope its ron in the race. for some reason i dont get the same passion and intelligence from rand. hes a blessing for congress. but theres so much poetic justice in the man who has been the underdog his whole life, the man who played by the rules in a house where there are no rules anymore, the man with integrity, honesty, steadfast consistency and courage, the frail man with immovable ideas and unshakable foundations and principles, finally winning, being recognized for his life service and being the intellectual and symbolic leader of the free world. the idea of giving the most power in the country to the man who doesnt want to enforce it on anyone. a true savior for the nation he has dedicated his long life to saving.

BlackTerrel
The perception of Ron's foreign policy views are much more unpopular than his actual foreign policy views. He has a messenging problem.

I agree.

Bman
Well, at a first glance someone would say "Donald Trump is running for President." and the other person would respond "WTF? Donald Trump run for President. That's got to be a joke. No way."

After emotion fades you are left with reality. Money wins Presidential elections. Donald's got enough to be serious.

BlackTerrel
04-17-2011, 10:20 PM
I agree that Trump is for real - and as I said elsewhere, I think the GOP will eventually trot out a Trump - Huckabee ticket.

Trump is the only one in the GOP to vigorously assault Obama without sounding like a spineless politician.

By doing so, he's making every republican sheep's dick longer.

Donald has tapped into a large segment of the population because he's saying things just the way folks have desperately WANTED things to be said.

It's not a large segment of the population and it's not a winning strategy. What is he at 20% of Republicans? Which is what 10% of the general?

The "Obama was not born in the US" or "Obama is a Muslim" or "Obama eats baby seals for breakfast" always polls at about 10-20%. So Trump is locking up that segment. Don't see him doing much beyond that.

Don Lapre
04-17-2011, 10:23 PM
The "Obama was not born in the US" or "Obama is a Muslim" or "Obama eats baby seals for breakfast" always polls at about 10-20%. So Trump is locking up that segment. Don't see him doing much beyond that.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see how it plays out.

My own view is that Obama is hiding something - and maybe something big.

If he is exposed, as I believe he will be, those numbers you cited jump dramatically.

AuH20
04-17-2011, 10:28 PM
My only conclusion is that the some faction of the TPTB have given The Donald a nudge with the birther stuff because it is indeed real. It's better to have a fellow elite rule than some independent maverick like the Pauls with such an unpredictable voter environment. It's interesting that the press had no information about Obama's time at Columbia University. Obama was a veritable ghost. The press has orders not to dig, just like they aren't allowed to cover controversial topics like Bildeberg. Meanwhile, Rand Paul had the obscure Aqua Buddha story at Baylor over 25 years ago dug up within a few months. See the double standard? If you're labeled an enemy of the state, they'll gather testimony from your kindergarten classmates, but if you're one of the insiders, nothing ever comes up to the forefront.

ord33
04-17-2011, 10:37 PM
I watched the video of his speech. I don't trust him one bit. Basically, the largest problem he will have with conservative/republican voters is that he was pro-choice, gun control, is/was for universal health care. At 16:25 or so in the linked video in OP), he says the total opposite of what he is on the record for saying just a few years ago. Totally pandering to the audience.

His speech consists primarily of "I'm a great business man, I'm a great negotiator, I'm going to stick it to China who has been screwing us for 30 years, look at me I'm wonderful". I think a lot of the dumb electorate will just eat it up. He reallly is marketing toward a lot of the Republican primary base - of course after totally switching his positions on many things.

He sounds better than most candidates on Foreign Policy, but it seems like he is largely uneducated about the details. I do like his comments about not rebuilding a country (then turn around and have people blow it up and then blow it up again). I think this is one issue he may actually be talking about that he truly believes in. The "flip flopping" on universal health care, abortion, gun control, etc. makes me very hesitant to believe ANYTHING he says though.

BlackTerrel
04-17-2011, 10:37 PM
My only conclusion is that the some faction of the TPTB have given The Donald a nudge with the birther stuff because it is indeed real. It's better to have a fellow elite rule than some independent maverick like the Pauls with such an unpredictable voter environment. It's interesting that the press had no information about Obama's time at Columbia University. Obama was a veritable ghost. The press has orders not to dig, just like they aren't allowed to cover controversial topics like Bildeberg. Meanwhile, Rand Paul had the obscure Aqua Buddha story at Baylor over 25 years ago dug up within a few months. See the double standard? If you're labeled an enemy of the state, they'll gather testimony from your kindergarten classmates, but if you're one of the insiders, nothing ever comes up to the forefront.

You really believe that? No one covered anything about Obama's past? Reverend Wright and a thesis his wife wrote in 1985 got a lot more coverage than Aqua Buddha. Among many others.

AuH20
04-17-2011, 10:46 PM
You really believe that? No one covered anything about Obama's past? Reverend Wright and a thesis his wife wrote in 1985 got a lot more coverage than Aqua Buddha. Among many others.

Nothing about his time in Columbia University. No one goes there. Even Wayne Root, stated that he had the same major and same graduation year and never crossed paths with Obama. Over 400 former Columbia students who attended the university 1980 thru 1984 couldn't recall Obama either. Obama stated in his autobiography that his time at Columbia was more reminiscent of a monk's existence. I'm sure if Rand was running for president, he could state the same without harassment. LOL

BlackTerrel
04-18-2011, 12:08 AM
Nothing about his time in Columbia University. No one goes there. Even Wayne Root, stated that he had the same major and same graduation year and never crossed paths with Obama. Over 400 former Columbia students who attended the university 1980 thru 1984 couldn't recall Obama either.

This sounds a little odd. Who interviewed 400 Columbia students? Not that it would be so shocking that many students would not know many other students.

Obama stated in his autobiography that his time at Columbia was more reminiscent of a monk's existence. I'm sure if Rand was running for president, he could state the same without harassment. LOL

What have they dug up about Ron Paul's time at Gettysburg college?

They dug up a paper his wife wrote in 1985... got a lot more press than Aqua Buddha.

Bman
04-18-2011, 01:37 AM
After watching the video and thinking about it.

First Obama, now this clown, and to see he's gaining momentum. Oh America were art thou. Surely this cannot be the future...

...can it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xxgRUyzgs0

Don Lapre
04-18-2011, 01:47 AM
Both Obama and Trump are anti-liberty, so yes, in a sense they are the same.

While I would never vote for Donald, I can at least respect him on a certain level because, like him or not, he has shown an ability to accomplish things in his life.

I personally have ZERO respect for Barry the Fraud.

BamaAla
04-18-2011, 02:14 AM
This sounds a little odd. Who interviewed 400 Columbia students? Not that it would be so shocking that many students would not know many other students.

I don't care about birth certificates, but it would be odd if they asked 400 students from his department and none of them remembered him. That claim is suspect to me though; however, if it is true, that is extremely strange.

I went to a school with a similar enrollment (far more undergraduates) to Columbia, and I think I came into contact with everyone in the department in one way or another. Now if you asked 400 students from the engineering or business departments if they remembered me, they probably wouldn't. Maybe they simply asked the wrong students.

Bman
04-18-2011, 02:18 AM
I heard another birther argument the other day, that did actually make me think. The person was suggesting that based on english law in reference to the term "Natural Born" meant that you were born in the country of two parents who were born in that same country. Saying that was the original intent of the term "Natural Born" and if we are going to obey the constitution, that's what it means.

Any thoughts?

gaazn
04-18-2011, 11:01 AM
Romney probably has the most accurate interpretation of the Constitution. While it does say that anyone born in this country is citizen, it doesn't say anyone not born in this country cannot be naturally born via parent or parents. Meaning it might not matter if Obama was born in Kenya or not because his mom was a citizen. Therefore, unless the Congress and states decide to create a specific Amendment clarifying the issue of natural born citizenship and who can be President, there will be an opening in the future for major civil unrest if half the population doesn't recognize the President due to citizenship issues.