PDA

View Full Version : I just got a group of strangers to look into Ron Paul today

Ekrub
04-16-2011, 06:06 PM
I'm wearing my "I support Ron Paul" shirt today and went into the gas station to pick up my overpriced cigarettes. The cashier asked me why I support Ron Paul. I told him that I supported his views on civil liberties, non-interventionist foreign policy, and free markets. After a few seconds of bantering back and forth about obamacare and the deficit, BOOM an audience (okay, like 4 people) was around me asking questions and largely agreeing with libertarian principles. I explained his views on just about everything I could think of and was feeding off the interest everyone was giving to my little tutoring lesson on Ron Paul. I left them all With more questions than I had time to answer, so I instructed them to google and YouTube Ron Paul to which they all seemed very likely to do. I really got a natural high from the experience and wanted to share it with all you. :)

Lucille
04-16-2011, 06:11 PM
Way to represent!

CaseyJones
04-16-2011, 06:12 PM
+rep

MRoCkEd
04-16-2011, 06:16 PM
Great story, Ekrub.

sailingaway
04-16-2011, 06:50 PM
Very cool!

hazek
04-16-2011, 06:58 PM
I'm wearing my "I support Ron Paul" shirt today and went into the gas station to pick up my overpriced cigarettes. The cashier asked me why I support Ron Paul. I told him that I supported his views on civil liberties, non-interventionist foreign policy, and free markets. After a few seconds of bantering back and forth about obamacare and the deficit, BOOM an audience (okay, like 4 people) was around me asking questions and largely agreeing with libertarian principles. I explained his views on just about everything I could think of and was feeding off the interest everyone was giving to my little tutoring lesson on Ron Paul. I left them all With more questions than I had time to answer, so I instructed them to google and YouTube Ron Paul to which they all seemed very likely to do. I really got a natural high from the experience and wanted to share it with all you. :)

And this is how the media propaganda is defeated. I dare every Ron Paul supporter to wear a "I support Ron Paul" T-shirt clearly visible each and every day for the next year and I promise you with conversations as the one in the OP by December next year Ron will be president elect.

TruckinMike
04-16-2011, 07:04 PM
Bravo!!!! ....... Encore ...Encore... Encore!!:D

KCIndy
04-16-2011, 07:31 PM
WOOT!! Way to go!!! :D

mello
04-16-2011, 07:33 PM
I used to wear my "Ron Paul Revolution" t-shirt every casual Friday until they changed the dress code at work.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
04-16-2011, 07:42 PM
A win for liberty right there. If all of us could go out and do this everyday...we'd make some headway.

goRPaul
04-16-2011, 08:09 PM
I have been wearing my baseball hat that says "Ron Paul for President" the last few weeks, but no one has said a word! I've been to grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, even through a couple airports. But not one comment. Doesn't bother me though, I at least see people reading it.

DeadheadForPaul
04-16-2011, 08:20 PM
And this is how the media propaganda is defeated. I dare every Ron Paul supporter to wear a "I support Ron Paul" T-shirt clearly visible each and every day for the next year and I promise you with conversations as the one in the OP by December next year Ron will be president elect.

Amen

Would be a good idea to have another to alternate with though.

"Smelly" ain't a label the ole RPF team approaches ;)

DeadheadForPaul
04-16-2011, 08:22 PM
I have been wearing my baseball hat that says "Ron Paul for President" the last few weeks, but no one has said a word! I've been to grocery stores, restaurants, gas stations, even through a couple airports. But not one comment. Doesn't bother me though, I at least see people reading it.

Name recognition is key.

As silly as it sounds, the average Joe and Jane American will vote someone b/w they saw the name somewhere. If they were unaware of Ron, they may have gone home and looked him up. Or the next time they see him on Fox or CNN, they may actually listen

The very fact that they see a normal guy at their supermarket w/ a Ron Paul hat might cause them to consider Ron...you are a normal guy, right?...lol

Sentient Void
04-16-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice job bro! That's how it's done!